Page 77 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

I GOT IT BACK!!!

tuesdays
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by oldmunchkin View Post
    Congrats! Next time I'm going to be in Denver we will have to get together for coffee!
    It's a date. Let me know when you'll be here and the java is on me.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Today could do my tax returns. Took me about 10 minutes including the downloading of the program and the personal information. Very efficient, and next year it's going to be even faster (I already know that). Fun moment was when the program asked me to confirm that the debt of my mortgage on the 31st of december 2010 was actually lower than the amount paid in interest in 2010. We'll get back around €1.800 that's $2.480. Money that at some time will be used to renovate this place.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    I GOT IT BACK!!!

tuesdays
    Congratulations.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Today could do my tax returns. Took me about 10 minutes including the downloading of the program and the personal information. Very efficient, and next year it's going to be even faster (I already know that). Fun moment was when the program asked me to confirm that the debt of my mortgage on the 31st of december 2010 was actually lower than the amount paid in interest in 2010. We'll get back around €1.800 that's $2.480. Money that at some time will be used to renovate this place.
    Good idea, I'll do it tonight as well. What's changing next year then?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Good idea, I'll do it tonight as well. What's changing next year then?
    No more need to fill in any info about the house. Then it will just be downloading it all, signing and sending it back

I hope you still know your DIGiD, and that it's still valid, you'll need it for your download and for signing.

Yes, I still know my Digid because I (yes, I know it is bad) only filled out last year's tax return in January...

Okay, I should get €510 back, not too shabby considering most months I was below the threshold to pay taxes in the first place.

However, while filling out this return I found that I may have made a mistake last year and should correct it and pay ~€200 extra, which would be bad. Better call them tomorrow to check.

(it seems they count a study for which you don't receive stufi but do get OV and a loan as a 'study with study financing' while last year I listed my study as a study without study financing and claimed back ~€200 for books and laptop.)

Sent it in Have to pay €0 and already paid the €510 so I get that back. Found it fascinating that of the taxes I'd have to pay before my deductions, it would have been €140 in taxes and €1902 for social insurances (mostly state pensions and one for exceptional medical expenses). But that is mostly because I hardly earn anything so the actual income tax is only 2.3%.

Fun fact, it is so super easy to fill out for us with our Digid, but a friend of mine lives just across the border but worked in the Netherlands this summer. Turns out you cannot get a Digid if you don't have don't have your official address in the Netherlands, so she has to do it on paper

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunner View Post
    It's a date. Let me know when you'll be here and the java is on me.
    Right now it looks like it might be a while, since the gas prices are getting so high. But, at some point in the next few months I'll have to come down to the doctor, so...I am pretty sure it will be more fun to meet with you than to meet with another damned doctor!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

I'm feeling smug this afternoon. I told my missus what was wrong with her motor but she refused to believe me - found out today I was right. A sensor for the ABS was dirty and required cleaning, she wouldn't have none of it and couldn't fathom how i knew.

So, dare I ax, how did you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Magnets...
    Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    A hint of luck mainly i must confess but ....

- When braking I got no feedback of any kind apart from a slight pull to the right.
    - Self diagnostics didn't come back with any major fault codes. (You can use the LCD screen to view various deets)
    - Got underneath the front wheels and noticed they are covered in shit. Would have checked rear sensors by they are inside the drum.
    - She had not bumped any curbs or anything.

All of them just seemed to give me that little tinkling feeling that it was a dirty sensor.

http://goodnightdune.com/

This is fucking awesome.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

After my appointment at the other end of town, I walked home! That doesn't sound like anything all that special until you realize that it's 6 blocks from there to here. That is the farthest I have walked since I got home! And I wasn't in the least bit winded! When I first got home, I couldn't walk 1 block without stopping to rest, so I think maybe there is hope for me after all!

Ahhh, fresh air! It felt so nice to be out walking. There was no wind and it was around 55 degrees out, so it was perfect walking weather!

I was also given the green light to start doing the PT exercises that were prescribed for my back. I haven't done those since sometime in October because it caused a pain in my abdomen. After the doctor here told me I could start doing them again, as long as I didn't overdo, I started doing them 2 times a day again. I started on Friday, and already I can feel a difference, not just in my back but also in my abdominal muscles! (Yes GGT, I know you told me not to worry about that just yet, but it feels so good to be doing something a bit active and healthy!)
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Good on ya Munch, good to see you bouncing back.
    Such is Life...

Now i'm not scientist nor am clued up on physics but my imagination is going nuts on this : http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12620560

... all i can picture is a Star Destroyer and the Millenium Falcon.

Just bought an engagement ring

Plan to ask her on Sunday or Monday.

Have next week already off as a mini holiday. She bought us tickets to Edinburgh for my Valentine's Present for the middle of next week and we're taking the whole of next week off.

Nice

Aww
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Sweeeet, Rand. I hope all the best for you both. Enjoy the vacation and all the romance of a fresh engagement.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Randy baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post

Have next week already off as a mini holiday. She bought us tickets to Edinburgh for my Valentine's Present for the middle of next week and we're taking the whole of next week off.
    Congrats!

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar

And another one rushing towards calamity...
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    Animal Crossing plus Charlie Sheen rants equals massive win.

http://sheencrossing.tumblr.com/archive
    I enjoy blank walls.

Congrats to you and the future Mrs. Rand! Enjoy your vacation! That gives you time to savor the new engagement!

This just occurred to me! We know about your intentions before she does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Nice one and congrats!

Chi Chi LaRue is coming to Austin to DJ for a Mardi Gras party.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chi_Chi_LaRue
    Your search had no results.

Big gig tonight!

Today was National History Day, and my son entered his Documentary on "The Containment Policy" at a regional student competition. He did quite well for a freshman, and it was a good experience for him. He liked being around other history geeks.