Page 73 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,190 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Just hopped in bed, and turned on the teevee. It was on Food Network, and Iron Chef America is on. My timing was perfect, though; the first sentence I heard was Nigella saying that all she asks is that it give her pleasure.

That woman is so very fucking hot.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Just hopped in bed, and turned on the teevee. It was on Food Network, and Iron Chef America is on. My timing was perfect, though; the first sentence I heard was Nigella saying that all she asks is that it give her pleasure.

That woman is so very fucking hot.
    Now you see what Gogo's fuss was about.

I miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    Now you see what Gogo's fuss was about.

I miss him.
    I watch her regularly, because she is so very fucking hot.

Gogo should come back.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

I've emailed him at the last known addy i have.
    Last edited by Lor; 01-24-2011 at 08:09 PM. Reason: I'm a fucking idiot!

I got new notebooks to teach my classes from.

Click to view the full version

fucking sweeeeeet

All those years of car collecting, all those boxes of track, the years of designing and tripping over my creations.
    Finally. worth. it.

A Hot Wheels car with a vga video camera, and its track compatible.

SNOW DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. <3

10mins before i leave work - It's been a boring day!

\ SNOWMAGEDDON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

we get the idea 11one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

no, you don't understand dude.

at first it flurried
    the heavens blessed my county
    beautiful white coat

Same here. Monday was a snow 2 hour delay. School was let out at 12:30 today. Township used the Code Red Alert phone system, closing roads and canceling official business. Turnpike had max 45 mph speed limit. Tomorrow is another 2 hour delay but they're hoping for a cancellation.

Belated congratulations Lor!

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Belated congratulations Lor!
    Ta very much, Sir.

Housing developer just released a few more plots, ours is getting closer.

Last week i noticed the foundations are in, hopefully they'll start doing the footings and we'll be progressing from just looking at mud.

The missus was slightly alarmed at the size due to only seeing mud and the trenches - it took a few stern words (she was getting on my nerves complaining about the size - Lillo, no sniggering!) before she accepted that it's all deceiving and that patience is required when buying a new build.

Lady and I making plans for a trip to the Big Apple in May.

NEEEEEEWW YOOOOOOOORRRRK. Woooo.

It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

ZOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGg. SEVEN DAY WEEKEND!!! SKEET SKEETSKET SKEET.

My new laptop is very much making me happy. HP DV7 with Windows 7 Premium 64-bit, 6GB ram, i7-2630QM 2.0GHz (Turbos to 2.9GHz), 750GB hard drive, 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6570, and Beats audio.

It's gloriously warm outside. I'm wearing short sleeves and no shoes out on the porch.

It makes me sad knowing that winter will probably come back, but I can enjoy this weekend, at least.

Cyclone Bianca has been coming down then coast heading toward us but now looks like it is fizzing out over the ocean.
    Such is Life...

Your search had no results.

I have no clue what kind of apples are in this weeks basket - they are red and tart, if that helps any.

But they are fan-fucking-tastic. Great taste, great texture.

It's a shame this weekend had to finish - what a weekend from start to finish. They always say the best is saved till last and that surely was the case. I had my grandparents over for the afternoon/evening, we were talking about how my grandmother is going back to Livorno, Italy for a holiday with my uncle (She's not been back there for over 20 years). The discussion prompted me to then discuss my grandads annual visit to Cyprus in Feb to see his family and check up on his land. We tried to search Google for pictures of the landscape as I've never been and he wanted to show me the area which he brought land.

After failing to find something, i asked, for some reason, the name of his village so i could search for it on Google Maps. The results didn't provide much in terms of the map view but the web results did return what proved to be mind blowing.

The name of the village is: Vokolida. The search brought up a webside - www.vokolida.com.

In the site is a Gallery section. Within that section is a area called 'Historical family pictures from Vokolida'! In that album contains my grandfathers sisters, brothers, uncles, aunties, friends, cousins, his dad, his mother and his grandad - my great great grandfather. My grandfather burst into tears at the sight of all these pictures, he's not seen some of these people or anything for over 40 years. (Vokolida is in the turkish side of Cyprus which he's still very bitter about as him and his family lost so much so he doesn't visit). There is also pictures of my Italian grandmother who visited during the 60 or 70's. No one knows who made the website, i plan to ask as it could lead to much greater things (reunions or even more pictures whatever i don't care it's all good).

It's purely magnificent! It's just a tiny village but we some how managed to stumble upon a website with pictures of his family, my family. Words can't describe how proud i feel that i was able to actually show my grandad these pictures and actually see my great grandfather and my great great grandfather who lived till 115.

This is my great grandmother (2nd from left) and my great grandfather (far right) with some of there daughters/sons:

This is a picture of my great great grandfather (far left) with 2 members of my family:

That's really quite astounding Lor.

T'internet can be a marvellous tool.

I just didn't expect to see anything like this and neither did anyone else really. Taken us all by surprise!

I've emailed the person who made the site, hopefully I'll get a reply but I doubt i will as the site is 6 years old. I'll give it a couple of days and if I've not had a reply i'll try a different approach.

My grandad was on the phone for most of the night telling everyone in Cyprus & London. I've downloaded the images and i'll get them printed - probably won't look good but it's better than what he had, which is nothing.

Won an honorable mention at ILMUNC, Upenn MUN. Came 6th out of 300+ people from around the world and I missed the first day because I was snowed out. Too bad the dance was a giant grind-fest.

I finally got a reply from the guy who made this website I found, turns out it is a relation of ours. Won't go into specifics but needless to say he's supplied me with zip files of loads of photos and other bits.

^^That's really sweet Lor I can imagine how emotional it must have been for your grandfather!

Fantastic story, Lor! I can't imagine how your grandfather must've felt.

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-wing-for-2011

Last Exile Sequel in 3D.
    AHHHHHHHHHHHH
    I enjoy blank walls.