Page 200 of 209 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 6,000 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

I'm taking some awfully boring legally required training about chemical hazards and learned that my state has actual regulations about how to compute time. Yes, that's right, my state government measures time differently than the rest of the world.

edit: also, an attendee just had a profanity filled open mike moment and I now love her to pieces.
    Last edited by wiggin; 04-08-2021 at 07:15 PM.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Experiencing my ER from the patient's perspective for the first time and I just love these people but God damn these rooms are ridiculously cold.
    Cold and hard.
    And the light is not dimmable (pretty basic stuff) I spent many hours in the waiting to get a bed.

S is a plague. Especially in your circles because the alternatives are so few. Kamrat.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    I'm taking some awfully boring legally required training about chemical hazards and learned that my state has actual regulations about how to compute time. Yes, that's right, my state government measures time differently than the rest of the world.

edit: also, an attendee just had a profanity filled open mike moment and I now love her to pieces.
    You live in a region with more gravity, probably. LOL!
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Finally got a hot date with Moderna tomorrow evening!
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Bought a hoodie yesterday, size XL (EU)
    Congratulations America

So, didn't get Moderna but BioNTech. Not complaining - let's see if and what side effects show up.

The only really bad thing: The celebratory plant based beer I was planning on drinking was forbidden for the next two days.

This post is isinglass erasure.

TMobile just upgraded my government rate 6 cell lines for $112 a month with 2gb of data to unlimited 5G, at no additional charge.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Got engaged.
    'Twas a week ago, so a little belated technically, but I'm still happy, so it counts.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Quote Originally Posted by BalticSailor View Post
    Got engaged.
    'Twas a week ago, so a little belated technically, but I'm still happy, so it counts.
    Oh dang, congrats! did one of you propose, and, if so, what precipitated the proposal? What was the reaction? Do you guys have good chemistry?

Congratulations.
    Congratulations America

Got engaged.
    Congratulations and/or commiserations

Got engaged.
    Ooooh, congratulations, sailorboy!
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Thank you all of y'all!

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Oh dang, congrats! did one of you propose, and, if so, what precipitated the proposal? What was the reaction? Do you guys have good chemistry?
    I did propose. Well, it was far from unexpected, we had plans for some time. Still, I did get a couple of hints over time, one that I remember the most: we both might be considered something of hobbyist birdwatchers (my fault, really, and I managed to infect her with this hobby), so among other things, we do follow the few live cameras placed at bird nests in Latvia. We were discussing a particular bird of prey at the time over Whatsapp, and the fact that one of them had just been ringed, and her comment on that was "lucky bird" . And I'm fully aware that I'm kinda slow in these matters, and I was looking for the perfect moment, and it kinda got dropped on me - her birthday was coming up, and early on, I just asked if there was something she'd be happy to receive (I suck at coming up with gifts - always have, she's decisive, and we both are well aware of that, and we've made that arrangement work), response to which was "oh, you know what I want, don't you", followed by a pause and "...and a LOT of roses". That was the kick I needed.
    Took a while finding the ring; we had discussed that quite a while ago, too, as she has a particular taste in things, and I really wanted to do this right. Not sure if I should perceive the whole Covid deal as blessing or a curse - most jeweler's shops were closed due to the restrictions, so I had little to choose from - but too little to get confused, either. I found something that felt just right, and the rest was essentially just a visit to a flower shop - apparently, I'm pretty good at eyeballing how many roses make a full bucket, provided I've seen the bucket.
    She was happy - despite knowing what was coming, a bucketful of roses and me dropping to my knee was enough to render her speechless. She did manage to say "yes", though
    So yeah, that's pretty much how it went.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Congrats!
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Woohoo 'graduations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Thank you all of y'all!

I did propose. Well, it was far from unexpected, we had plans for some time. Still, I did get a couple of hints over time, one that I remember the most: we both might be considered something of hobbyist birdwatchers (my fault, really, and I managed to infect her with this hobby), so among other things, we do follow the few live cameras placed at bird nests in Latvia. We were discussing a particular bird of prey at the time over Whatsapp, and the fact that one of them had just been ringed, and her comment on that was "lucky bird" . And I'm fully aware that I'm kinda slow in these matters, and I was looking for the perfect moment, and it kinda got dropped on me - her birthday was coming up, and early on, I just asked if there was something she'd be happy to receive (I suck at coming up with gifts - always have, she's decisive, and we both are well aware of that, and we've made that arrangement work), response to which was "oh, you know what I want, don't you", followed by a pause and "...and a LOT of roses". That was the kick I needed.
    Took a while finding the ring; we had discussed that quite a while ago, too, as she has a particular taste in things, and I really wanted to do this right. Not sure if I should perceive the whole Covid deal as blessing or a curse - most jeweler's shops were closed due to the restrictions, so I had little to choose from - but too little to get confused, either. I found something that felt just right, and the rest was essentially just a visit to a flower shop - apparently, I'm pretty good at eyeballing how many roses make a full bucket, provided I've seen the bucket.
    She was happy - despite knowing what was coming, a bucketful of roses and me dropping to my knee was enough to render her speechless. She did manage to say "yes", though
    So yeah, that's pretty much how it went.
    Oh that's wonderful, well done :') and thank you for allowing me my chemistry jokes

"When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Walpurgisnacht—and our 11th anniversary. We took the day off and just had a damn' good time while our daughter was at daycare, and then had a fantastic evening together as a family. The little one has entered what's typically referred to as "the terrible twos" nearly half a year early, and it's been incredible—not to mention a little hilarious—seeing her trying to test the boundaries.

My youngest son's blooming romance with a lovely young woman who's made him very happy. I got to meet her on Mother's Day, and it was one of the best Mother's Day ever....to see my son so happy, and share the day with his new love, and like her so much!

This morning I weighed in at 99,8kg. Which is about 220lbs. That is the lowest weight I have had this century. And 40kgs (88 lbs) down from when I decided my weight needed to go down around this time last year and 30kgs (66 lbs) since I was diagnosed with diabetes in January.
    Congratulations America

My daughter just spontaneously counted to ten all by herself I think she can only recognize 0, 1, 2, and 3 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    This morning I weighed in at 99,8kg. Which is about 220lbs. That is the lowest weight I have had this century. And 40kgs (88 lbs) down from when I decided my weight needed to go down around this time last year and 30kgs (66 lbs) since I was diagnosed with diabetes in January.
    Oh man, that is incredible very well done

Sony sent me an invite to buy a PS5 at MSRP and I actually remembered to log in at the right time and order it. Now to figure out if I want to keep it or flip it.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 05-21-2021 at 01:52 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

IIHF World Championship.
    Team Latvia won against Canada, 2:0. That has never happened before. Not only that, but it's been a while since Canada didn't score a single goal, too.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

IIHF World Championship.
    Team Latvia won against Canada, 2:0. That has never happened before. Not only that, but it's been a while since Canada didn't score a single goal, too.
    Impressive!
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

https://deadline.com/2021/05/the-whe...on-1234761078/

Here's to hoping the show doesn't disappoint.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

Oh, that's a bit of a surprise. It's been a while since I've as much as thought of that series. I'll wait and see, with little hope of my expectations being fulfilled.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post

It's gonna suck and we're gonna love it glad we might get two seasons at least.

The books had lots of issues in terms of pacing. I wouldn't mind if the show made some changes (as long as those changes were consistent with the personalities of the characters). Just look at the Shadow and Bone show.

The fact this was renewed preemptively means it did really well with test audiences.
    Hope is the denial of reality