Page 176 of 209 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,280 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Autumn makes me happy. I like the weather transitions from hot to cold. I like hearing Canadian geese honking as they migrate. I love moving from summer salads to fall soups. And I especially love adding blankets to the bed for warmth, instead of tossing and turning in summer's heat, trying to find a cool spot.

Pretty soon I'll be even happier to use my fireplace against winter's chills.

I was happy to see a HUGE recycling can on my driveway, courtesy of our local refuse collection company. It's a pilot program in my voting district that might become standard operating procedure for the county at large.

But here's what I don't understand.....they're using the pilot program in an area where people already want to recycle their garbage, and don't need much motivation or cajoling to put their yogurt cups or milk jugs in a separate can for curb-side pick-up recycling. But how is that going to change the attitudes of rural folks who burn their trash because they don't have regular pick-up service from the county?

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    I'm going to become a grandfather
    OK, so yes I have a granddaughter, she is 4 months old and the most adorable little person that I have ever known - I luv being a granddad
    Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    OK, so yes I have a granddaughter, she is 4 months old and the most adorable little person that I have ever known - I luv being a granddad
    Awww! 'grats!
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Congratulations, termite! I wonder what new knick name you'll have --- Grampa, Pappy, Paw Paw, or something else.

I love my son's late night culinary creations, and I'm happy to be his guinea pig.

The Syrian has reached Holland and is safe.
    Congratulations America

Marshmallow is installing on my phone.
    Congratulations America

I was extremely pissed off last week due to being fucked around with by Scandinavian Airlines customer "support" (aka. the salespeople and bouncers, not to be confused with the "customer care" group). After way too many and way too long useless and frustrating calls I decided to just let it go because it was turning me into an unpleasant person to be around. I had enough information to justify a complaint to a govt. consumer protection agency anyway so I figured I'd be able to get some solace from that.

Anyway today we finally booked our trip via another airline and ended up saving about 30% on the ticket price as well as half a days' worth of travelling, giving us more time in Japan. We were about to go for an even cheaper trip (like less than half the price offered by SAS) but it didn't work well with our schedules and was a lot longer as well.

I feel v happy now. Like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. A smelly weight with sharp spiky bits
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

WalMarts are doing a lot of remodeling and whatnot. Trying to make the stores more fun and inviting by Christmas. So a lot of stuff is getting clearanced out as they redo sections. I picked up a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mechanical keyboard for $50. tap tap tappy tap

Its also way way brighter than my Microsoft X4
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Target has gone crazy trying to beat the Black Friday rush. Just picked up LEGO Dimensions for $52.24, when its regular price is $99.99. Best Black Friday leak had it at $69.99. Cartwheel app + wish list app + redcard = happy.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

It is raining.
    Not that I did't liked the endless good weather. But the soil really needs some water.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Target has gone crazy trying to beat the Black Friday rush. Just picked up LEGO Dimensions for $52.24, when its regular price is $99.99. Best Black Friday leak had it at $69.99. Cartwheel app + wish list app + redcard = happy.
    I am "happy" that those kinds of product purchases are in my past.

I'm really happy when my kids have the same time/dates off work, and we can plan a "family meal" during the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    It is raining.
    Not that I did't liked the endless good weather. But the soil really needs some water.
    Rainy days are the best days

"Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Got this email today

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Ominous Gamer,

I just wanted to let you know you have the sweetest daughter. She is so kind and caring to our new student from another country. He is very shy and doesn't speak very much English and Scarlett is so caring toward him. She helps him to learn his letters and even worked with him during math. She never complains and has patience with him. As he gains confidence I can have him start working with other children but right now he really seems to enjoy working with her. I really appreciate all of her help as he learns our language and customs in our country. She is a very special little girl.

Always nice to be reminded that I didn't fuck this one up to badly.

Aww, good for her (and you), Mr. and Mrs. OG.

That's nice
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Xena, complete set, first time on DVD, from a decade ago. All MINE!

Click to view the full version

Champions League tomorrow! If PSV win, they will survive the group stage which is pretty nice for a Dutch team. If they draw, they'll at least stay in the Europa League, and may still survive the group stage. Going to be exciting, CSKA Moscow, at home. The away leg in Moscow sure was spectacular, so anything is possible.

They won! First Dutch team to reach the knockout phase in 9 years The scoring of this and the match between ManU and Wolfsburg was a thrill, at different points of the match PSV was first, second, third ánd fourth in the group, ending nicely as second. Must hurt for Depay, being kicked out of the Champions League by his old team Though he was the only person to score a regular goal at the PSV grounds.

Now let's hope they dont get Barcelona or Real in the next round.
    Last edited by Flixy; 12-09-2015 at 06:25 PM.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    This is cool: http://www.ipp.mpg.de/3984226/12_15

On 10th December 2015 the first helium plasma was produced in the Wendelstein 7-X fusion device at the Max Planck Institute for Plasma Physics (IPP) in Greifswald. After more than a year of technical preparations and tests, experimental operation has now commenced according to plan. Wendelstein 7-X, the world’s largest stellarator-type fusion device, will investigate the suitability of this type of device for a power station.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Possibly the best thing I have ever seen on Reddit. המבין יבין

https://www.reddit.com/r/Judaism/com...about_judaism/
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Well, I've lived longer than my father did.... so that's giving me a degree of "happy" right off the bat, right?

I don't know if this is going to be happy or not, but we've just bought an appartment outside of central Amsterdam so that we can let the one we're living in at the moment. We need some financing, but basically we'll be living for free and we'll be able to pay off the debt in under 10 years. After which we'll fully own 2 appartments in Amsterdam and a house in Istanbul
    Congratulations America

Until the commies decide you have 2 houses too many in Amsterdam and Erdogan decides you have 1 house too many in Istanbul.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Until the commies decide you have 2 houses too many in Amsterdam and Erdogan decides you have 1 house too many in Istanbul.
    But we'll have mattresses full of dirty money
    Congratulations America

WHAT IS YOUR JOB GOD DAMN IT HOW DO YOU MAKE ALL THE MONEYS