Page 177 of 209 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,310 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    But we'll have mattresses full of dirty money
    As long as you don't have dirty mattresses.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Better have dirty mistresses
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Tickets bought to see Woody Allen and his New Orleans jazz band play at the Café Carlyle, in the Carlton Hotel in New York.

Woody only plays a few mondays in Jan/Feb each year in New York, and at 80 years old he won't be putting on live performances for much longer, so tickets sell out extremely quickly. We missed out last year, so snapped them up the moment they became available this year.

The USS Zumwalt that launched for sea trials a while back was/is commanded by Captain James Kirk.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Click to view the full version

Cheapest 3d tickets in town, starts in 15 minutes and the place is still 75% empty. Bring on the peaceful star wars viewing experience! ��
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Going to try the noon showing tomorrow. Hopefully everyone is a non-academic bum, and has school or work.

There's no way I'm going to be able to avoid spoilers until January, is there?

No, but the major spoiler would be pretty fucking obvious to any fan.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Spoiler:
    There are jedi and light sabers.

Woohoo! The threat to my favourite airport seems to have been neutralised and it looks like it'll stay open for the foreseeable future

Suck on that, environmentalists
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I'm happy that decorating my house for Christmas no longer has a hold over me. It's taken years to feel comfortable for not putting up wreaths or lights, but I'm finally there.

The Ginger managed to nab the last two pieces of deer shortrib for me yesterday making tonight's shift a little less argh than it would have been otherwise her hunting skills are many and varied.

There's a good chance I'll be spending 5 months in UK, working in an org chem lab at one of their universities as a part of a scientist exchange program. Coincidentally, my girlfriend will spend three months in UK - these periods overlap, and we are going to be only about 100 km apart, which makes it even better. As soon as this becomes more certain, and precise details of my visit are decided upon, I will probably make a thread about it - I've never spent a significant amount of time abroad, so I'll be looking for some advice on finding a place of residence, the most cost-efficient ways of organizing my everyday and general tips on living in UK.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

http://time.com/money/4060713/naked-...e-makes-money/

This makes me so happy

Fuck college, make money--get nekkid

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    http://time.com/money/4060713/naked-...e-makes-money/

This makes me so happy

Fuck college, make money--get nekkid

Want the other side of the story? There are lots of articles that talk about how awful these people are, consistently harassing the tourists, getting into turf wars, open drug use, etc. The NYPD setup a special task force just to deal with them.

I don't care about those other impostors but don't you be hatin' on the charismatic cowboy

Mum has arrived safe and sound for the first time in her life she got to fly in business class, a rare bit of luxury in a life otherwise lacking in such things. No hassle with luggage either. The guy at the airport must've been an angel She's always said she had no use for a smartphone--and, indeed, that she'd never learn how to use one--but since inheriting my sister's nexus 5 she's been using it a lot every single day and today she sent a message on whatsapp from the plane to share with us that most universal of human pleasures: free onboard wifi.

In other news I'm enjoying this week on the ward tremendously, despite being woefully unprepared. I looked through my work mail and saw an e-mail I'd missed from a more senior colleague who I thought had been thoroughly unimpressed with my work the one time we'd worked together. To my surprise it contained compliments and encouragement so that was nice. For once I got to take some time off to study and also got to come home on time. Before that I had the pleasure of taking part in a long and uncommonly rewarding discussion about ethically tricky situations we'd found ourselves in over the past month. The ginger came home with my favourite take-away food and nice wine and now I'm happy, relaxed, pleasantly tired and just ridiculously stuffed. So it's been a good day. Hope the universe doesn't try to restore the balance over the coming days

Glad your mom arrived safe and sound without too much trouble, with free wifi to boot. It's probably best she came to Sweden to meet you, instead of coming to America......that doesn't make me happy to say so, but it's true. If you were a medical student/fellow/physician in the US, your mother's travel would probably still be precarious....unless you had the "right" type of references.

She lives in Sweden and I wouldn't be too sure... as tricky as the US is, Sweden can at times be trickier. My cousins for example weren't allowed to come to my wedding and I know of many cases where parents haven't been allowed to visit.

$15 for a SodaStream starter set at walmart. Time to see what I can do with it.

A crystal or a plastic one?

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    A crystal or a plastic one?
    Think its the jet model. Brass connector for the carbonator, plastic injector for the water.

I mean the bottles.

VS

I think the bottle for the Crystal system alone is more than 15$ over here.

Thank glod for ADB

... is a little like saying, "Thank God for exploratory neurosurgery."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    $15 for a SodaStream starter set at walmart. Time to see what I can do with it.
    Has that stuff improved much in the past ten years? I never really liked the sodas that came out of it, and from what I recall it was hardly cheaper than regular sodas.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

ADB?

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Has that stuff improved much in the past ten years? I never really liked the sodas that came out of it, and from what I recall it was hardly cheaper than regular sodas.
    I have lots of friends who swear by it, but I never really got the point. Then again, I kinda hate seltzer.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Android Debug Bridge:

http://developer.android.com/tools/help/adb.html

I finally made the transition from an aftermarket lollipop ROM to an aftermarket Marshmallow ROM to do this, I first had to back everything up (which should be easy but wasn't) and flash factory image (ditto) before installing the new ROM. In reality the backing up kept getting borked and took for frickin' EVER due to problems with the app, with the ROM, with Windows (would have taken many hours to transfer had I not retrieved the Java-free version of ADB, updated USB drivers, re-updated USB drivers and and copied everything manually via CLI) and with the recovery (had to switch).The only thing that worked as expected was the new ROM Marshmallow looks good though

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    I have lots of friends who swear by it, but I never really got the point. Then again, I kinda hate seltzer.
    After googling that (amazing picture on the wiki page for seltzer water, by the way ), I actually do like that, which is I suppose the only benefit of a machine like that. But I don't like it enough to actually buy it in the store anyway. But the selling point is more towards the syrups, right? Those always tasted inferior while being hardly cheaper (if cheaper at all) than the real deal.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I only drink sparkling water, that's why I love my Soda Stream.