Page 175 of 209 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,250 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    To the north there is only one road. While on the south there are two, where the big road is cars only. That's why you peferably start on the south side.
    Given you'd end up on the wrong side of a huge mountain, we descended on the same side we ascended

I know what you mean, one of the hardes climb I did in one rush was this one. You see there is a 17% and a 20% part near the end.
    I imagine those are very short bits, like around corners? Damn, that must be killing after a long steep climb. We did once do the Muur van Geraardsbergen at the end of a day once, which is average 9,1% peaking at 20%, on cobblestones (and not neat ones like on the Gotthard pass, we're in Flanders after all). The only good thing is that it's very short. The name translates to 'The wall' for a reason Actually the biggest problem there was that I was in an extremely low gear, and the cobblestones give hardly any grip, so it was very easy to slip your back wheel.

But as you can see, this one isn't nearly as bad. Some steep bits, but mostly it's doable, just long. But gorgeous views, and because you have the tunnel and the main road, the small road is practically deserted which is very nice. It's the only big climb I've done in the Alps, are the rest as nice to do on your bike?

Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

The one with the 20% is a dead end and even closed for driving on weekends.
    https://www.google.ch/maps/@47.28933...2!8i6656?hl=en

But when you are on the top you get a well deserved view.
    https://www.google.ch/maps/@47.29419...2!8i6656?hl=en

I always start from home, so the alps are a bit too far from me to do in a day, others do that though. I stay on roads like this:
    https://www.google.ch/maps/@47.33891...2!8i6656?hl=en

Almost no traffic around here.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Have seen two young deers on the ride to work.

I feel "happy" when I post while listening to music that I like on a second tab in the background. I've noticed that my replies are more acerbic and confrontational without that music playing in the background.

Sounds simple, huh.

Check out Ludovico Einaudi

also rainymood.com!
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

rainymood.com is my favorite website
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Spending the weekend at my parents, they go on vacation tomorrow. Weather is excellent and took a long nice walk by the creeks around here, very pretty! And a flock of swans And next weekend I'm off to amsterdam, visiting friends and going to the Matisse exhibition, supposed to be good. And that evening I got a free ticket to see Bad Religion, so that should be fun as well.

England have won The Ashes
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Opening day of the Premier League.

And West Ham thump Arsenal at the Emirates 0-2. First time that's happened since the Emirates opened in 2007. Both mistakes by Petr Cech apparently.

Where's Lor
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Had my best ever night of poker (as far as my hands were concerned) in my local Texas Hold'em pub poker tournament. Dominated from pretty much start to finish and couldn't seem to do any wrong.

But also got my most memorable hand I'll probably never see again. Got my first ever straight flush but it was one where the board itself became a Stright Flush on the river (Seven to Jack of Diamonds) with the Jack being the last card down. I held the Queen of Diamonds and was first to act so instantly pushed all in, my opponent who was still in the hand thought I was 'playing the board' so called only to then see I had the higher straight flush, 8-Q. Can't imagine what the odds are of both having and beating a straight flush on the board but can't imagine its very high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

so a ten minute walk to the grocery store netted us over 1 kg of wild mushrooms found along the way

We've spent about an hour cleaning, cutting etc and now they will be dried overnight. This combines some of my favourite things in one: free, somewhat uncommon, pretty, feels nice, smells wonderful and is edible... still very unfamiliar to me since I grew up in the city and neither of my parents are the mushroom-picking type. The ginger has enriched my life in many ways

Also my fingertips have been dyed blue. It's kinda fun but also a little annoying.

The new Deadpool trailer. Going to be an epic movie.

http://marikoproduct.com/Flo

This is really, really great.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    http://marikoproduct.com/Flo

This is really, really great.
    It's great, but also very sad --- that girls are trying to "control" their normal menstruation cycles in order to be taken seriously by employers.

I'm "happy" that I don't have a daughter, even though I'd have loved it....it's just too difficult in this day and age to parent a girl.
    Last edited by GGT; 08-22-2015 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Opening day of the Premier League.

And West Ham thump Arsenal at the Emirates 0-2. First time that's happened since the Emirates opened in 2007. Both mistakes by Petr Cech apparently.

Where's Lor
    Here I am!

It's just a blip, honest.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    So, did manage to get a place at a free training for developers at Microsoft, regarding the creation of Windows 10 UWP apps.

Will be interesting to see how the big companies handle such stuff - if I'm actually learning something I'd consider it a bonus
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Mr. George Clooney.

I am getting Married

Congrats

Best wishes Spenni!

I'm "happy" that my sons are coordinating their free time (off work) to clean up our house, in anticipation of the appraisal for my mortgage refinancing. I think they finally understand what that means, and aren't whining about their "chores" like little kids do.

Yay Spenni! Yay GGT!!

PSV scored against ManU and I can hear the chants of the crowd almost as loud through my window as from the teevee

Good. PSV won.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Yeah, a bit unexpected but nice. Plus the Manchester goal was scored by Memphis, so that's nice as well. Shame about Shaw's leg though. Don't know enough about football rules whether that should have been a penalty and/or a card though (but glad he didn't get any).

Managed to snag an Asus T100 1.46ghz (2.4ghz) 64gb from Gamestop for $100. It was a display model shipped sight unseen.

Its in perfect condition. FUCK YEAH!
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

House of Cards S3 finally available on Netflix Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    House of Cards S3 finally available on Netflix Switzerland.
    Just finished S3 this week.

Fuck it was good.

I only got halfway through that season. The plot was so nonsensical...I realize this is fiction, but neither the domestic plan, the international plan, nor the tactics used to achieve either of them made the least bit of sense.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Now that is how you play September baseball. I've got a good feeling about this year...
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

I'm "happy" that my youngest child is no longer a teenager, but a young adult. (That's something I and my parents didn't get to experience in real time.)

I'm also "happy" that my kids want to take time off work to attend their cousin's wedding, and they'll see their last living grand-parent, too.
    Last edited by GGT; 09-22-2015 at 01:36 AM.