Page 84 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    I got a 3DS today.

There are no words capable of adequately describing how awesome it is.
    I enjoy blank walls.

I want one, but I haven't seen one in action yet. My local walmart, target, even the mall gamestop...none have one on display. I'm going to wait for the gamestop thats being built a block down the street to open up, then I'll make a decision.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Two of my coworkers have them. I. Must. Have. Too.
    Your search had no results.

My son is getting one for his birthday.

I think I'll take his dsi then.

I was home within 50 minutes after my plane landed at Schiphol.
    Congratulations America

Click to view the full version

Thats my beta Halo Reach disc that Microsoft sent me to test the new disc formats.
    Fuck yeah
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

More Scentific HappiNess!

Seems to be a great number of people who absolutely adore this fragrance just as much (if not more) than Lifebuoy. I won't pick and choose from the comments this time around, so here you go....

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/p...l?evar3=browse

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    More Scentific HappiNess!

Seems to be a great number of people who absolutely adore this fragrance just as much (if not more) than Lifebuoy. I won't pick and choose from the comments this time around, so here you go....

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/p...l?evar3=browse
    This makes me happy! Thank you, GGT, for finding this site/store! I am going to talk to The Kid and see if we can't scrape up enough to buy Mommymunchkin a bottle for Mother's Day! She wore this scent when I was a kid, and I remember buying her a bottle for Mother's Day back when I was a youngmunchkin!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Astronomers have spent 16 years piecing together the motion of 28 stars orbiting a supermassive blackhole in the Sagittarius A constellation at the heart of the Milky Way ... our galactic core.

Absolutely Awesome Awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Got a national-museum-year-card for my birthday from my neighbours That makes the vast majority of Dutch museums free for me, for a year!
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

My mom has K for the afternoon.

So the question is: Do I clean out the windowsills or sit on my ass all day?

Is there some reason why you would want to clean out the windowsills?

So that I can open them; it's been such nice weather lately. There are dead bugs and dirt in them though, from the winter. Blech.

Oh. Too much pollen for me to open windows. Mine probably have dead bugs, too.

Done! Not as bad as I thought, mostly pollen. Of course since it's still everywhere else, I may have cleaned the windows prematurely. Ah well. Now to sit on my butt! My parents are grilling steaks and corn tonight, so yet another thing to make me happy!

I've switched to electric cigarettes.

Chemistry, yet again.

This week, I was surprized by the appearance of a product of certain reaction. It's one of those long reactions where one has to heat the precursors for 8 hours, and the workup follows after a day or so. In this case I have to pour the reaction mixture into a large volume of water. Orange-ish oil appears, and according to literature, it should solidify if left standing overnight. This hadn't happened even once when I ran the reaction, though - it thickened somewhat, but only became solid (and pale yellow) when some ethanol was added. This is what the product looked like usually:

However, this time was different. The orange oil didn't solidify as a whole - but instead of thickening, pale yellow crystals had appeared in the oil. After the usual ethanol wash, the rest of the oil created the typical powder, but I collected the crystals separately. It's not that there's any advantage to obtaining the product in form of large crystals (they might be of higher purity than the usual product, but only if the crystals formed reasonably slowly, and there's no way of telling that), but it's quite a rare sight in organic chemistry lab to see such large crystals form unintentionally.

The quality is limited, since it's taken by a phone cam.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Um.

I have.

No idea.

What you just said.

But somehow. It really doesn't matter.

I care that you care.

It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    I've switched to electric cigarettes.
    Would love to hear how those work for ya.

Been intrigued, but skeptical of them for awhile.

Finally, after 9 months of blight gay bars in Amsterdam are opening again. Tonight happened upon a place called 'bump' which opened a few days ago and turned out to be real nice. And less than 500 meters from my home.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Crowheart View Post
    Would love to hear how those work for ya.

Been intrigued, but skeptical of them for awhile.
    Well, it's been two days, and I don't want a regular smoke.
    You can still get that "buzz". I can now smell other smokers, lol.
    The battery lasts more than a day. You can either carry around extra 'dosed' cartridges while on the go, or bring the small bottle of 'juice' which, either way is smaller than a pack and a lighter.

Not a pain to use in the wind.

While my ultimate goal is to quit, this just feels better?

Hit me up in a week or so to see what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Finally, after 9 months of blight gay bars in Amsterdam are opening again. Tonight happened upon a place called 'bump' which opened a few days ago and turned out to be real nice. And less than 500 meters from my home.
    Why were they closed? In Eindhoven they were all open.

And there's a clear sky tonight, and supposedly falling stars!

Quote Originally Posted by BalticSailor View Post

Looks like polenta.

Anyhow I'm happy that the nights are getting colder and colder here I keep my window open to feel the cold breeze. It's around 19 degrees celcius (or 66 F) right now at night time and it's quite chilly!

This was all around campus yesterday.

One of NASCAR racer and 5-time consecutive champion Jimmie Johnson's actual cars. I'm not even a NASCAR fan, but holy crap this thing is awesome. SO damn loud when they moved it around, too, wow!

Save some cash and spend a day at a Richard Petty racing location. They are amazing machines.

Hm. I'd love to go see a Nascar race. Sooo much power in them beasts

Quote Originally Posted by Supermarioman View Post
    I got a 3DS today.

There are no words capable of adequately describing how awesome it is.
    You're right.

I was just playing with my son's. I only played the AR archery game, and it was excellent. I hope he doesn't lose the cards.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Why were they closed? In Eindhoven they were all open.
    The Kooistra/Heineken court cases. Now that Kooistra offed himself and his estate is in liquidation slowly they are off-loading the leases to independents. Then another rather notorious place was closed down (probably for good) because they couldn't control the substances used by their patrons. The city of Amsterdam takes a very dim view of bars that turn a blind eye when you either sell of pop pills. In the end the only places left were some traditional café's and a sprinkling of fetish places.

Now, another reason why I am happy. This year I decided to stay in Amsterdam for Queen's Day. That in its turn made me forget to buy a ticket for the week following that day. Prices were getting pretty outrageous for my standards and then I realised I could actually use miles for that. Then I looked into how those miles work and I found out that if I would hold out a little bit I could get a whole lot more bang for my buck. 15 minutes ago I made my booking; roundtrip Amsterdam Istanbul for 40K miles (including all fees and taxes) . 5K less than an economy ticket would have cost me if I hadn't waited 5 days.
    Congratulations America

WHOAMYGOD. I've been hearing about this for a while now, but now it just got real. Austin is getting the next F1 track for the United States Grand Prix.

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/
    Your search had no results.