Page 75 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

mmm... grilled chicken... *DEVOURS*
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Hurray! We have water again. And it was just the capacitor in the starter circuit, $18. So happy it happened on a week day because the shop isn't open on weekends.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

I am feeling really pretty good today. Good enough to invite a friend for dinner tomorrow night! I am gonna make enchiladas and rice! She is the first person I have invited to dinner in my apartment! The bad part is, I have piled all the crap I brought home from the hospital, and all the unpaid bills, on my table. I must go wade into the avalanche zone so we can eat at a table!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Ancient Aliens. They showed concrete evidence of three newly discovered underwater cities that had been dated to between 14,000 and 25,000 years ago: in Japan, India, and South America. At least one (in India) was possibly destroyed by an alien war. (It's a November episode that was shown again today.)

It warmed up to the mid 40's today! A lot of the ice that covered the streets and sidewalks melted, making it safer to walk around town! Ya gotta love these mid-winter thaws!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Yay for fruit flies...

So for chocolate day we just made a batch of Eagle Brand fudge , and used mint flavoring instead of vanilla. Ate a couple of spoonfuls from the bowl after she poured it into her pan, and it tastes amazing. I mean, it's not quite as good as my proper fudge or anything, but I wouldn't be embarrassed to serve it to anyone, either.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

A nook color soon to be mine, job applications sent off (way too late, but...), valentine's day promising to be most lovely, and two new favourite fonts: Calibri, and Liberation Serif. Oh yeah =)
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Okay, I tasted the final product when I was cutting it into pieces, and the flavor is great, but the texture isn't quite what you'd think fudge should be, but it wasn't terrible, either.

I'd finally say that unless you're really anal there's no reason you can't make lazy bitch fudge - and I'll probably do it again.

I really want to make some for me now.

The temperature was in the 70s today. Yay shorts!
    Your search had no results.

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    This email made me happy

Thanks, Lor!

I'm very well thanks, and no, I haven't forgotten about this place. I occasionally take a quick peak to see what's been going on, but generally speaking I've just been too busy at work to continue flying the flag for the "Bored at Work Brigade"; which is a real shame because I miss you guys

Oh wow, and I miss this smiley:

I love that guy.

I haven't been "breeding", per se - we've still only the one rug rat and, crazy as it seems to me, she's 2 today! I saw Decoy's post (Hi Decoy, btw - cute kiddo, congrats on the wedding!) and thought I better bore you all with more baby pics.

So this is baby Gogo now, all growing up:

One of my new year's resolutions was to waste away more of my frittering life in this stupid place, with you charming people; so now that I've joined a gym, started making sammiches every day for work, cut down all the crap in my garden and quit World of Warcraft..........wait, no, forget the last one, my priority now is to try and get back to this place for a while.

Hope you're all well, peeps. Please accept a virtual high five from me (or a virtual slap on the tush, whatever's your fancy).

Peace out!

Gogo.
    Hot diggity dam, welcome back Gogo! Glad to see you got the email, I knew i had your address somewhere.

Glad to see you and the family are doing so well, still can't believe your little'un is 2 - has time really gone that fast?

I might need some advice off you and Decoy soon! Me and the missus got engaged in Jan but as we are in the process of buying our first home, the wedding won't be for some time but we might start making an army before that (still undecided yet).

Going out for sushi tonight!
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

The warm trend continued today, melting even more of that nasty ice and snow! Plus, Mommymunchkin and I have started walking together. The community education program here has worked out a deal with the schools to let people walk the hallways, rather than walk outside in the snow and cold. We didn't walk very far tonight, about 1/4 of a mile, but that was a start!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Rewarding myself for mastering my credit cards, so I went and bought a 46" 1080p edgelit-LED LCD HDTV.

TV we have has been getting a lot more use since Netflix, and we are starting to notice old slim DLPs aren't nearly as crisp and energy efficient as these newer models.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I saw the developer of my house over the weekend to go over the 'boundaries' of the plot and show me the development plan of the area (even though 3/4 of it is already built). Looks like we'll have a bigger garden than previously thought. Furthermore, today we got a mortgage offer which means we'll be able to exchange contracts next month, which then means we'll be invited to pick the Kitchen, Tiles, Flooring and various other bits!

We've also gone through the 'finishing touches' book with the additional extras they'll install. I had been told the developer is expensive but some of the price seem really competitive. For example a large flat chrome heated towel rail is £150 (Inc. installation) yet the cheapest rail i saw was £130 without installation. I do plan to make sure i'm right so i'm not stung at the end but so far i'm quite impressed. The whole experience has been rather enjoyable thus far - not as stressful as people say.

Work finally got it's shit together. Currently posting for a new iPad I'll be using to teach ereader classes with. It's got a few annoying aspects, but i think I'm officially a fan of the concept. Im gonna have to watch the tablet market a little closer now.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

And the warm weather continues! I just hope the majority of the snow and ice is melted before it decides to get cold and snow again. (Excluding those piles the city has piled up by the truckload, of course. Those might still be there in July, the way they look!)

Mommymunchkin was able to get an appointment with the dermatologist for Friday morning! Even tho that means we have to leave here by about 6:30AM, it's still killing 2 birds with 1 stone. I have an appointment with Infectious Diseases at 11:30 to see if the blood infection is all cleared up, and to set up an appointment for an MRI for my back. The main ID doctor doesn't like the fluid buildup around my bottom 4 or 5 discs in my back. He thinks I could get an infection from it. (I don't understand it, but he is the expert.) He told me an infection like that could potentially paralyze me or even kill me if left untreated. I asked what the treatment was, and he told me it would involve moving the nerve out from between my discs and draining off the excess fluid. At least I would get that damned nerve fixed!

I got a call from MOM Tommi's widow (Or is the man a widower?) yesterday, asking if I was at home. I wasn't, so he asked me to stop at the LLS on our way to the high school to walk. I went in and was surprised with a dozen beautiful white roses! This man is trying so hard to win my heart! I just don't feel right about it, because of Tommi!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    My birthday is tomorrow.

And I got my mom to watch Summer Wars, which she loved, which means that everyone in my family liked it.
    I enjoy blank walls.

Happy Birthday, Mario! How old are you now?

My first born son is going to be 20 years old on Feb. 17th. Very nice to reminisce about his approaching arrival, waiting for days and weeks. Valentine's Day spent dining on lobster drenched in butter, while looking over the city lights, practically hoping for contractions, waddling out to the car and then to bed. Waking the next day, so full of life, and feeling the warm trickle of amniotic fluid running down my legs and onto the floor, water broken...babe is coming!

Calling the OB practice, leaving a message. Showering and shaving, grabbing the baby bag, making sure the dogs and cats had food and water for at least one day, driving across the river to the hospital. Checking in with a smile, then the long wait.....walking the halls in a flimsy gown, taking hot showers, breathing, smelling the breath of the husband who left to get a pizza because he was hungry.....the fingers probing into my vagina, and eventually the IV pitocin. The sudden and forceful contraction, toe-curling pain. Trying to stall the nurses who kept saying I had to deliver within 24 hours of my water breaking or infection or other risks to the baby would happen. Pleading for more hall walks and hot showers, more time. They told me I'd exceeded the 24 hours and even the 48 hours after water breaking, and needed a C-Section. I fought for a vaginal delivery as long as I could, until it was clear my baby wasn't coming out, no matter how much pitocin they pumped into my veins.

I recall being very tired, even though there was an excitement in my body. Such anticipation, great expectations! My husband was concentrated on filming the delivery, more than holding my hand. That should have been a huge red flag. In the end, it was a woozy pleasant feeling, even though the epidural and extra anesthesia wasn't complete----I could feel the scalpel and the tugging on my body, and after the baby was "recovered" the manipulations of my uterus and intestines were very painful. Once my babe was brought to my face and I heard him cry with robust, they knocked me out.

Watching those videos explains a lot. He was a 9 1/2 pound baby, with Polyhydramnios. We have film of those moments, even after I was knocked out. They lifted my uterus out, a huge and distorted organ, looking more blue and alien than anything, and examined surrounding organs, before they closed me up and did pretty sutures. Those kinds of videos aren't allowed these days, and I can see why.

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    Thanks GGT.

I'm seventeen today.
    I enjoy blank walls.

Hippy BarpDay Mario ...

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

It was a very good year...
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ma...349242,00.html

"We got Cesc Fabreeegasss, we got Cesc Fabregassss"

On my way to ghent I must say, these international trains are always pretty nice.

I finally recieved the letter from my (previous) lender that the balance of my mortgage loan is zero.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    On my way to ghent I must say, these international trains are always pretty nice.
    Wifi on board ?
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Off to Ghent eh?

Belgiques celebrating their little revolution in a slightly less violent way than those in the middle-east:

Belgians mark 'no-government world record'

Belgians are staging a series of tongue-in-cheek events to mark what many there see as a new record - the world's longest wait for a government.

Belgium has been without a government for 249 days - longer than Iraq - as parties from the Dutch-speaking north and French-speaking south remain split.

To mark the event, 249 people plan to strip naked in Ghent, and there will be free beer and chips in other cities.
    Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

This is the second day in a row that I have felt really good! Maybe I am actually recovering from the long stay in the hospital and the seriousness of my illness! It also appears I am getting a handle on my blood sugar, usually only needing insulin once a day, late in the evening! I also am getting the hang of how long before I eat to take the enzymes. This makes sure the pills are working, and I am hungry before eating!

And now, I am off to bake about 5 more dozen cookies to take to the awesome people on 3 different floors of the Wyoming Medical Center. Those people are so wonderful! I want to make sure they know just how much I appreciate them saving my life, and restoring me to a reasonably healthy state, thus ensuring I could come home!

All in all, I am in an awesome mood!

Happy Birthday, Mario! Enjoy!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Work is serious when it comes to ebooks. For once we are trying to remain in the front of technology before it passes us by. This is my new teaching tool kit at work, which I've been given premission to keep on me, during and outside of work

Click to view the full version

Scarlett already knows how to whoosh between screens and photos on the iPad and you're damn right I've already loaded up Netflix and Angry Birds.
    The Sony device is what I'm most impressed with. It what makes me truely understand that this is the future. Its so light, so natural to use. I absolutely love it. The nook is a nice hybrid, but its ackward and slow.
    The ipad is full of Apple design decisions that, personally, didn't make a lot of sense, both software and hardware. But its the weight of the device (and OMG the fignerprints!) that really kills it for me.

but I can't complain about free shit like this!
    Project Gutenberg and Overdrive FTW!
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 02-18-2011 at 03:34 AM.

Ya, never understood the appeal of an iPad. My friend also has one he uses with his work, and is always complaining about it. Never heard of the Sony one, will have to look into that