Page 169 of 209 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,070 of 6241

Thread: What is making you happy right now

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Microsoft is getting ridiculous with its onedrive storage giveaways. I have 250gb of cloud storage now that won't start decreasing until sometime in 2016.

WTF I am supposed to do with 250gb of cloud space?
    Why would it start decreasing? Is it some kind of use it or lose it policy?

I just attended a seminar given by the spitting image of Captain Picard (accent and everything). Or, rather, perhaps I should say that Captain Picard is the spitting image of a renowned interventional cardiologist who pioneered new surgical techniques in the minimally invasive implantation of heart valves.

Or it really was him!
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    Free for 1 year.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Or it really was him!
    Patrick Stewart is actually a title, not a name. The title is passed between a number of clones that were created at different periods of time. This is why he looks to be the same age now as he did when he did Dune 1984. The clone that did dune was actually retired more than twenty years ago, and there have been four more Patrick Stewarts since then. Wiggin probably found one of clones that just weren't fit to hold the title of Patrick Stewart. Human cloning doesn't always have a 100% success rate.

Do they also have one for Ian McKellen?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    Some of the space expires in a year, some of it in 2 years, I think after all the deals (if onedrive doesn't evolve) I'll be down to 20gb.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Oh, fun, I now seem to have 1.39 TB

this is highly useful
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Patrick Stewart is actually a title, not a name. The title is passed between a number of clones that were created at different periods of time. This is why he looks to be the same age now as he did when he did Dune 1984. The clone that did dune was actually retired more than twenty years ago, and there have been four more Patrick Stewarts since then. Wiggin probably found one of clones that just weren't fit to hold the title of Patrick Stewart. Human cloning doesn't always have a 100% success rate.
    'Not fit for the title' my ass. He was probably one of the best surgeons of his class in the world. Captain Picard can't even replace his own faulty heart without having a near-death experience.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Oh, fun, I now seem to have 1.39 TB

this is highly useful
    I have 18,000 TB free on Dropbox. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by wiggin View Post
    'Not fit for the title' my ass. He was probably one of the best surgeons of his class in the world. Captain Picard can't even replace his own faulty heart without having a near-death experience.
    There are many reasons why he could have been deemed unfit for the title. Perhaps he suffered a gene mutation which caused his skin to react badly to the harsh sands of Arrakis. Perhaps he lacks the guile necessary to direct the CIA. Perhaps he is reduced to quivering in the corner when he is faced with a machine race intent on assimilating him. Perhaps he simply didn't have the raw psychic power necessary to fulfill his duties. I cannot say what flaw it was that prevented him from claiming the title, but the Patrick Stewart has many responsibilities, and to be worthy of the title one must be able to bear them all.

'
    I have 18,000 TB free on Dropbox. Just sayin'.
    Haha I don't have much space at all on dropbox, just enough for the one thing I use it for.

I also don't use most of the onedrive space I have wound up with - though I have, amazingly enough, wound up using it to share a couple of documents.

The kids had 5 inclement weather days from school in the past two weeks (this part should really be in the messed up groove thread), but it all melted promptly!

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

finally pulled the trigger to move over to an ITX motherboard in a SFF case. Got the case, motherboard and new CPU on the way. Sometime in late summer I'll move over to a new GPU and M.2
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Started building my new PC last night, realized that I have FINALLY graduated out of molex and floppy power connectors.

Also having fun experimenting with pantyhose as fan filters, the wife's face when I asked if she had any I could borrow....

Click to view the full version
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 03-06-2015 at 12:56 PM.

Well, I'm not entirely "happy" right now, as a parent....but I suspect (and hope) my kid is having a blast while he and his friends drive south to Miami for spring break. It's a 16 hour drive. They think they can change drivers, drink coffee or energy drinks, take naps on the shoulder...and arrive in Miami ready to party.

My guess is they'll fall asleep on the beach and get a raging sunburn on their first day.

Tiny PC is up and running, pantyhose filters and all. Crazy silent , downloading Thief now to see how the CPU does with this cooler and PSU positioning.

Click to view the full version
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 03-08-2015 at 01:42 AM.

James May's response to the press about Clarkson's suspension from the BBC is fucking priceless.

Retired my Droid Razr Maxx HD for a blue Galaxy S5 thanks to Best Buy running a $1 deal. Goodbye KitKat, hello Lollipop!

http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/03/19/tin...world-edition/

Haha, a village with a whopping 2.620 inhabitants got into the world edition of Monopoly, beating places like Brussels

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/03/19/tin...world-edition/

Haha, a village with a whopping 2.620 inhabitants got into the world edition of Monopoly, beating places like Brussels
    Brussels has more than 2,620 people?

Brussels has more than 2,620 people?

Well.. "people" maybe

My grandmother has pulled through and is out of the hospital. As I stated before, she's one tough cookie.

Granted, the second day in the hospital looked pretty grim, what with her having problems breathing and thus constantly out of breath. But the next day my brother called and said: "Well, looks like she'll be alright. She's entertaining her room mates with countless stories again."

Good for you, Khen.

I'm also glad that a celebrity figure like Angelina Jolie Pitt can inform/educate millions of women regarding their cancer risks....even though mastectomies and reconstructive surgeries results aren't the same.

This has been a strange but good week... I got the job I applied for, got the salary I wanted and perhaps the best schedule as well, at least two people I know and like are starting with me. We got some of the last important things sorted out for the NYC trip and I am v grateful to Groupon for existing I was on call every other night, and it was the on-call week from hell, but I got to work with my fave attendings and other colleagues and things went well. I got some positive feedback on both my clinical work and the morning reports because I've managed to streamline the process a lot. There was a lot of good fika this week after each shift. I got some research done (not enough, mind you). I found a good cleaning service to clean the apartment before the next owner moves in and then I got positively inspired and found a really nice moving company who solved several of our more annoying problems at a reasonable price. It was very last-minute but thanks to this tomorrow's moving will be a lot less painful than it woulda been otherwise. We got a ton of laundry done and also saw a ton of Brooklyn Nine-Nine (all caught up on almost two seasons' worth of episodes ).

I hate moving. I HATE moving so much. It makes me shut down completely. But I love getting things done. Every little thing I get done makes me feel a little bit lighter and a little bit happier. I never really notice how I'm affected by having things on my to-do list hanging over my head until I get them done. It's just nice pretty excited about the coming months. They're gonna be pretty cool *knocks on wood*

Also, Fuzzy posted about governmental erections
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

In three months, I'll be leaving the industry I'm currently in for a new adventure in a brand spanking new sector.

No more having to put up doing 3/4 different roles on naff pay and being completely undervalued. I'm going to blow my own trumpet and say they'll miss me .... greatly! However I did gave them 2 years to put it right, asked them once to sort it and they did zilch.

Finally ordered a new computer, plus a new monitor to watch my Netflix.

"Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt