View Poll Results: Should the Phelps funeral be protested?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, give a taste of own medicine

3 42.86%
  • No, two wrongs don't make a right

4 57.14%
  • There was nothing wrong with him protesting the funerals

0 0%

Thread: Phelps is dead

Default Phelps is dead

So the hateful bigot who loved to picket the funerals of soldiers and abuse their grieving families is now himself dead. Shame the Westboro Baptist Church is likely to live on. I'm not happy at a man dying but feel completely cold indifference to his passing.

Should his funeral be protested at? I'd say no, though they'd have no right to complain that sort of action is despicable and people shouldn't sick to their level just because its possible.
    Last edited by RandBlade; 03-21-2014 at 12:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Phelps might be dead, but his "cause" lives on through his descendants. If anyone chooses to protest or picket his funeral procession, they shouldn't be banned from doing so....but should follow set-backs established for Westboro's activities. I don't think Phelps or Westboro will have many groups wanting to protect their ideology, but they can certainly turn the whole thing into a media circus.

crazy people should be ignored and/or given professional treatment.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

I really thought about the swimmer, and wondered why it wasn't in the news.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

If people would picket his funeral they'd just be validating his methods. So I wouldn't want to see it happen. Then again, I am human and would chuckle if they'd make them feel how it feels.
    Congratulations America

I can't see picketing. I could see performance art though.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Just blank the motherfucker.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

I think the best way to make the followers the most uneasy is to show up like you're going to a funeral you don't mind being at. No signs, no yelling, just being there. But in an organized way, like everyone wearing rainbows or something.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

That would be assless chaps.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I can't see picketing. I could see performance art though.
    This.

Absolutely this.

Apparently, there will be no funeral.

They have wasted no time frequently updating their Vine account with videos that betray an uncanny level of cultural savvy.

https://vine.co/u/984602341204725760

Click to view the full version