Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark Theme Improvement

Default Dark Theme Improvement

I'm looking to consolidate the things that need to be done to improve the dark theme on this board, since it looks like we're keeping it. Post here if you've noticed anything you'd like to get changed.

The List:

- Could do with more visual distinction between new posts/no new post icons
    - Dark text on dark background in login text boxes
    - Dark text in quick reply box (no repro, Ominous only)
    - Some WYSIWYG icons a bit hard to see
    - Hyperlinks should stand out more
    Last edited by Wraith; 02-23-2010 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Updating list

Think you can make the new posts/ no new posts icons the same as on the main forum page? Those are very clear, and I feel they fit in the theme a lot better too.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I'ma gonna break this thing, aren't I?

While using dark vision to post, I got a message saying 'more than 30 posts are in this thread, click here to view entire thread' or something like that. Lost my quote and reply. It was all buggered up!

Cleared cache and cookies and rebooted, but clicking on the old bookmark took me to dark vision log in page again. But it only had a partially shaded box for username, no place for password. Tried anyway, and got invalid request message.

Had to switch to white default style to log in.

Yes GGT, you gonna break this forum too!

Anyway, I can log in just fine with my own computer, but when I tried to log in on The Friend's laptop, I had a hella hard time! (Yes I know my username and password! )
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Fixed the login text color. Should be easier to see what you're typing in those boxes from now on.

It seems like hyperlinks should be made more distinctive in this theme. Any users of the dark vision theme agree? If so, what colors or other changes are suggested?

I like Yellow on the dark theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

I think this is a problem on all themes, but in IE the link box around avatars is huge.

I tried finding better thread icons for the theme, but this is the best I could find:

What do people in the * vision themes think about that, versus using the same icons as Classic Blue, versus leaving the icons alone?

Also having trouble with designy stuff for link colors in the dark vision theme.

How's this work for a hyperlink?

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Also having trouble with designy stuff for link colors in the dark vision theme.

How's this work for a hyperlink?
    Orange works better.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Because we should always do the polar opposite of anything Being says, I'm in favour of Wraithy's proposed colour.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

No.

Orange is terrible. People don't want their eyes assaulted with hideous bright colors. That's a reason for the popularity of the dark themes and all. Wraithy's choice looks marvelous with the violet, I'm sure it works well with dark, too.

Also, I don't particularly like the icons for classic blue, so I prefer the ones Wraithy found to that.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

I'm not familiar with the icons in Classic Blue, and don't really care either way. Lolli is wrong, the orange is fine, better than links matching her purple-hue obsession. It's a darker orange, not a bright one, and unlike the violet it has good contrast from both the surrounding fielding and other text. Without being painful, the way many reds are.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I'd just like to point out that Fuzzy is wrong.

I agree with Icky.

That orange is quite bright.

And Wraithy's color is blue, not purple.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I agree with Icky.

That orange is quite bright.

And Wraithy's color is blue, not purple.
    You should calibrate your monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    You should calibrate your monitor.
    Oh really

The orange is offensive. I can't understand why anyone would want it.

hyperlink?
    hyperlink?
    hyperlink?
    hyperlink?
    hyperlink?

The last one is Being's orange. It should at least be the goldenrod instead.

I kind of like option number 2 from that list.

No goldenrod

Well from an artist's standpoint, dark vision uses a mix of gray, and light blue for its theme, so I'm thinking it should be a light blue.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Well from an artist's standpoint, dark vision uses a mix of gray, and light blue for its theme, so I'm thinking it should be a light blue.
    And yet you have three orange dots for you signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    And yet you have three orange dots for you signature.
    Because I use the Classic Blue theme...
    . . .

That's just bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I kind of like option number 2 from that list.

No goldenrod
    That's the one with the least contrast, you nutbar. If a decent orange is impossible, it should be the blue middle one.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

You're so un-fabulous
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    That's the one with the least contrast, you nutbar. If a decent orange is impossible, it should be the blue middle one.
    The blue middle one is the one that's in right now. I can change it to the orange if it's really wanted, but are you sure? The scheme is shades of grey with touches of blue. The orange is obscene.

I thought you used the default eye-burning scheme anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I thought we've already been over the fact that contrast is bad.

Man with taste, not surprised.

Anyway, any theme will beat that violet crap.