Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bergdahl...

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Meh I'm not a legal expert but if you give aide to terrorists aren't you treated as one? So if the Taliban provided aide to Al Queda (not disputed) then their fair game to be portrayed as terrorists. The getaway driver is just as culpable as the shooter.
    Which is why you started a war against Afghanistan. I presume the purpose of that war wasn't to destroy Afghanistan, as is the purpose (wrt Al Queda) in the war on terror.

Anybody who followed the news about Iraq a bit knows that one of the bigger mistakes there was the de-Baathification of the state.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    So whats the upper limit for number of terrorists we release for one US soldier? What if they had demanded every single terrorist/Taliban prisoner we had? This isn't a Yes/No equation.
    I have no idea what the upper limit is, I don't work for the department of state or the DoD. Five *enemy combatants* (not terrorists) who were going to be released in a year so anyway seems like a pretty good deal.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    And if we provide aide to terrorists?
    Ouch. Can we get some ice on that burn?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch the Red View Post
    Maybe military soldiers like Spenni can be concerned with whatever they please, and you can mind your own damn business. Spenni has been one of the men out there risking life and limb, and he doesn't need you dictating what he can or can't be concerned about, especially about matters relating to the mliitary.
    It's not just "my business" if soldiers like Spenni express doubts in military command and control, or whether they think certain missions, for certain people, are "justified" or not. *Everyone* should care about active-duty military personnel perceptions.

Don't put my statements out of context again, thankyouverymuch.

I.E. It's problematic when people have opinions other than yours.
    Hope is the denial of reality

I.E. It's problematic when people have opinions other than yours.
    No, but it's a problem when we can't have discussions without making (or seeing) "character" assassinations.

Can you cite an example where you think it's ok for people to have different political views from your own?
    Hope is the denial of reality

Can you do the same?

And if we provide aide to terrorists?
    Well in that case they were clearly "temporary freedom fighters" before donning their terrorist hats again...