Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game of Diplomacy

Says invalid ID.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

This one is almost certainly getting enough members (apparently the people on the site like anonymous games with high bets). So if anyone is still thinking about joining, now would be the time (see link in my previous post).
    Hope is the denial of reality

I enjoyed co-operating last game, are we going to be able to co-operate this time?
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

No, why? Turkey. You?

Lucky France.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Oh I've had Poland and Ukraine message me asking for a three-way alliance, hope it works better than last time then. Are you playing this time Lolli?

Nope.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Nope.
    Sounds like France is going to have a bad day with Britain from the North. Spain... may i suggest you build lots of fleets sir!!! Germany is going to have an easy go of it early.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

BTW.... I'm I say the Italians and Brittons and Spaniards go ahead and make a 3-way alliance until the pitiful French are no more.
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

I like how Rand is using the "i'm not playing" defense. Make everyone think you are not actually here, while in actuality making us think you are playing and winning by subterfuge!!!!

Who is Egypt? They tried to move and cant..... I say we put them out of their misery early Rand!

To explain why I've been distracted, I've been applying for a new job so have been putting all my effort into that. Put the application in late last week and been doing a lot of research etc

Just got a call back and answered some questions and got a first full phone interview scheduled for tomorrow now. Feel sick in the stomach lol so anxious. If I'm not 100% attentive with the game its not that I don't care or am being rude, its just that I'm quite distracted and concentrating on this job application.

Its a great opportunity if I can get it.

What, a job application is more important than a game?

Good luck with the job
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Good luck.

I thought I'd flunked the phone interview but got a call back today saying they'd like to meet me next week. Having a first face-to-face interview next week (there will be at least two if I get the job).

You better not miss your turn then.

Ogre are you still playing? Missed your last turn it seems.

Make sure you log in for this turn or the game will force you to forfeit (for missing 2 consecutive turns).

2 hours left Ogre.

http://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=145295

Rand, did you want to join this game (since the old game is reaching its endpoint)? Password is bob.

Nah real life is getting quite hectic. Struggling to get my turns in on the old one (especially since it was dropped from 24 hours to 16).

How'd your interview go anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    How'd your interview go anyway?
    Passed that stage interview thanks, now waiting for a final interview which is due next month.

http://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=145970 (password: playwell) Need 2 more players. Last chance.

http://webdiplomacy.net/board.php?gameID=145970 (password: playwell) Need 2 more players. Last chance.
    If people don't have time to play long games like Diplomacy, then warlight.net is an online version of Risk, with shorter 'real time' games as well as massive games that can be played over time

Edit: Also, I've played Diplomacy at http://www.playdiplomacy.com/ a few times and have thoroughly enjoyed it
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

The interface is a bit better at the webdiplomacy site, but otherwise, I don't think there are any real differences. Let me know if you want to join the newest games. It has 16 hour turns.

The interface is a bit better at the webdiplomacy site, but otherwise, I don't think there are any real differences. Let me know if you want to join the newest games. It has 16 hour turns.
    I'd love to at some point, but I just don't have time these days
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Time is overrated.