Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Smilies!

Default Re: Smilies!

Apparently I missed those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith

Goody!

I use all the time cos I'm smug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

There's a smiley add-on for Firefox that has a ton of them. Smiley v 5 I believe. Pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

I've got a few more, hope I'm not overdoing it.

I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Zigs...I love the last one!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Apart from icons for your message I don't see a smiley choosing feature featured in the reply feature

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Apart from icons for your message I don't see a smiley choosing feature featured in the reply feature
    In settings, goto forum settings, and select "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing". Smilies will appear on the right of the reply box.

Ah, thanks.

Still finding my way around the new lay out.
    Last edited by Ziggy Stardust; 01-25-2010 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    In settings, goto forum settings, and select "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing". Smilies will appear on the right of the reply box.
    Can we make this the default behavior? I don't think all new members are going to know to look there...
    . . .

I think it is default behavior, it's just that people who were around pre-upgrade didn't have all their settings set correctly.

Ok cool. I gots smilies now!

EDIT: Love the new upgrade to vBulletin. Most like the quick reply!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

tongue smile big grin star wars sleeping

sites for smilies:
    http://www.thesmilies.com/
    http://www.planetsmilies.com/
    Last edited by RazorBullet; 01-26-2010 at 10:55 PM.

Maybe it's just me but I can't continue text after I place a smiley. I have to do all my text and then go back and place the smilies where I want them. Anybody else notice that?
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Maybe it's just me but I can't continue text after I place a smiley. I have to do all my text and then go back and place the smilies where I want them. Anybody else notice that?
    uhm, I had to go to Advanced Reply to see the menu of smilies.

edit: ps I have a mac with real problems, and I'm also an idiot. What you got?
    Last edited by GGT; 01-26-2010 at 10:58 PM.

Looks like it's a known vBulletin issue for IE8 users. Switch to compat mode and it goes away.

Looks like it's a known vBulletin issue for IE8 users. Switch to compat mode and it goes away.
    OK. FYI---on Safari the only way I can get the smilie menu is to reply with quote and Go Advanced. Otherwise, choosing Reply to Post (lower left) and Reply with arrow (lower right) takes me to Quick Reply.

I'm assuming it's my old messed up computer and browser. And/or user error.

It's great having an active admin who is also supportive.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

It's great having an active admin who is also supportive.

He also answered my retardo PM!

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    OK. FYI---on Safari the only way I can get the smilie menu is to reply with quote and Go Advanced. Otherwise, choosing Reply to Post (lower left) and Reply with arrow (lower right) takes me to Quick Reply.

I'm assuming it's my old messed up computer and browser. And/or user error.
    That's the behavior across all browsers, I think. You can go straight to the advanced screen by double-clicking either of those buttons, though.

That's the behavior across all browsers, I think. You can go straight to the advanced screen by double-clicking either of those buttons, though.
    Testing. Eureka, you're right!

Do you make house calls?

I've got a few more, hope I'm not overdoing it.

People have been requesting popcorn smilie.

I also need this:

Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

I also need this:

Alien lynch-mob?

No. You do not.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Yes I do!

I really really really .... want it.

Damnit.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Yes I do!

I really really really .... want it.

Damnit.
    I'll give you a vote in favor of this smilie, if you'll give me a vote in favor of not being able to attach things.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I'll give you a vote in favor of this smilie, if you'll give me a vote in favor of not being able to attach things.
    I vote in favour of not being able to attach stuff, since I wouldn't know what we'd attach anyway. The fact I get a vote in favour of the smilie is just icing.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Vote? VOTE?!

This isn't a farkin democracy!

It's a pander-to-Wraiths-ego-ocracy.

In which case. Um. In which case ... lolli is leagues ahead of anyone else.

Um.

There we go.

I feel we need an alien lynch mob smilie.

Particularly since I am an alien who is inclined to start lynch mobs.

edit: Wraithy won't give me the special treatment I deserve.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

People have been requesting popcorn smilie.

I also need this:

I honestly did mean to add those smilies before, I just forgot about them. I'll add these after I get off work.

I vote in favour of not being able to attach stuff, since I wouldn't know what we'd attach anyway. The fact I get a vote in favour of the smilie is just icing.
    Vote buying!

Still need more votes to take away a feature, though.
    Last edited by Wraith; 03-12-2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: responding to rigged vote