Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Please, for Zalgo's sake, keep threads from becoming insultfests in D&D...

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    "Gay?"

EDIT: It actually looks like he might punch you if you crossed him. I'm reminded of the scene in Get Shorty where Travolta's teaching DeVito how to wear the look of a gangster.
    Which begs the question, if you wear clothes that makes it look like you will punch somebody, is that the same as threatening to punch them in the mouth if they call you a racist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    "Gay?"
    ...no. I meant the quality of the picture, its sharpness, range of values, the slight slant to his figure which makes it more interesting than if he were just sitting straight up, etc.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    So, when this is all done, will there be an awards ceremony?
    And the award for the best looking non-fictional avatar goes to ...

I nominate Aimless for most convincing out of character posts.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    You fucking hypocrite.

Please, check the rest of the thread, too. But you called Icky a racist first, and have been playing the victim ever since.

I appreciate your going after Silverlink, I really do. I even appreciate being called one of the nicest people in CC (even if I think that might be a bit crazy on your part). But I am remarkably sick of your insisting on continuing long-dead bullshit. Particularly when it is bullshit you started.

So, let's try this one more time.

Be a fucking man , already.
    Yeah, that's nice. Loki had been doing his Israel uber alles routine, plus in other threads he had said a couple of sketchy comments in a row about blacks. I'll stand by that. Exaggerated, but not too much. I do think he has racist feelings about blacks and arabs, and I have told him before.

Remember, that was in response to him advocating the killing of thousands, maybe tens of thousands of civilians. You don't think a strong response is called for?

So, why the hell are you giving me an earful about your fetish? I damn well said nothing offensive to you. Go look at it.

Wow, you really are hopeless.

From you, I consider that a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    Yeah, that's nice. Loki had been doing his Israel uber alles routine, plus in other threads he had said a couple of sketchy comments in a row about blacks. I'll stand by that. Exaggerated, but not too much. I do think he has racist feelings about blacks and arabs, and I have told him before.

Remember, that was in response to him advocating the killing of thousands, maybe tens of thousands of civilians. You don't think a strong response is called for?

So, why the hell are you giving me an earful about your fetish? I damn well said nothing offensive to you. Go look at it.
    Why don't you link us to his sketchy comments about blacks, instead of just commenting on them? I provided you with the exact thread where he called you a racist - of course, it turns out this only happened after you called him one. Regardless, you considered racist to be an unforgivable term, and yet you cheerfully used it yourself.

I'm not defending Icky at this time. While I have finally decided that I actually like him, he is perfectly capable of fighting you on the merits of any of this all by himself, if he chooses to do so. I was just unable to stomach your hypocrisy in playing the victim. I admit I wasn't expecting to find such a lapful of ammunition; I thought you had goaded him into it - not that you had actually called him a racist first.

My fetishes are completely irrelevant to this discussion. The water one isn't even the most impressive (or kinky) one I have publicly admitted to. If you want to know more about my kinks, make a thread, and be sure to discuss a couple of your own in the OP. I'll cop to all of them. I'm not ashamed of my sex life - or anything I have ever done. But don't think you can bring it up constantly and shame me or anything, because it isn't going to happen.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    My fetishes are completely irrelevant to this discussion.
    YOU brought it up!

The water one isn't even the most impressive (or kinky) one I have publicly admitted to. If you want to know more about my kinks, make a thread, and be sure to discuss a couple of your own in the OP. I'll cop to all of them. I'm not ashamed of my sex life - or anything I have ever done. But don't think you can bring it up constantly and shame me or anything, because it isn't going to happen.
    Is there an emoticon for batshit crazy? WHERE is this coming from? I have never been anything but supportive of anybody's sexual preferences, ESPECIALLY yours! Go back and look at the oil tanker thread!

Delightful picking and choosing, sweetheart.

I'm assuming you're the sort of married man who would never cheat on his wife, so it's not just because you want to fuck. If I am incorrect in that assumption, I apologize, and as long as you're not scared, I'm game.

Otherwise, explain how you can qualify calling someone racist as the unforgivable sin when you did it first.

Whoa, this is too much. You keep mixing in all this language acting like I've been some sort of sexual discrimination bigot. I'm utterly mystified as to why you're POed and me. If I offended about something sexual, then I apologize. But if you look at the tanker thread, that was all innocent of any ill intent. I'm very sorry if I hurt your feelings somehow, but if you look at what I posted, there was nothing evil there. I have no idea where you're coming from, but it's too surreal for me to handle.

I'm not POed at you about anything regarding me and anything sexual.

I am POed because I dislike your playing the victim. If you'd fight on the merits, I'd probably be on your side. But this "oh, he called me a racist and a rapist" shit is disgusting.

So, one last time. Be a fucking man.

No more playing the rapist/racist victim card. Stand up for yourself without that shit. Everyone will respect you for it - and you'll have me defending you.

You totally didn't answer the question about whether you'd cheat on your wife.

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOgre View Post
    Which begs the question, if you wear clothes that makes it look like you will punch somebody, is that the same as threatening to punch them in the mouth if they call you a racist?
    I was thinking about the look in his eye, but yeah, I'm pickin' up what yer puttin' down.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    ...no. I meant the quality of the picture, its sharpness, range of values, the slight slant to his figure which makes it more interesting than if he were just sitting straight up, etc.
    I knew you meant something more substantive. I was just being silly. Gay seemed like the perfect fill-in word for a cheap laugh.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

If Loki decides to call Tear a rapist, is it wrong, especially without proof that Tear is a rapist? Should there be a punishment? With Loki knowing Tear's propensity toward violence, it's almost as if he is assuming a risk that he may get punched in the mouth by calling Tear a rapist, right? Should 100% of the blame fall on Tear for punching Loki in the mouth?
    I think we're responsible for own actions, so Loki is responsible for being a dick and Tear is responsible for being a thug.

I'm not saying Tear's actions are 100% justifiable, not at all, but I think some of the blame falls on Loki as well for allegedly saying something as absurd as calling Tear a rapist. If it would have been jokingly said, that's one thing, but saying it in a mean spirited way, and knowing the reaction it would bring from Tear, I can't say Tear is 100% at fault here.
    That'd only be the case if Tear was somehow not in control of his own behavior.

Does a woman who dresses provocatively deserve some of the blame if someone decides to rape her?
    No.

I think that is a little different, in that she didn't wear said clothes to hurt someone's feelings.... but yet she did wear such clothes to have other's think she is hot, to cause a desire in her... and that desire could lead to her being raped.
    As an aside, I think the motives for rape are more complex than that. Rape is usually not caused by a man wanting to have sex with a particular women so badly that he rapes her, but rather that the rape itself was the goal.

As for the rest, I don't really disagree. Do think there's a difference between finding actions understandable and actually condoning them. I wouldn't condone the parents of James Bulger for murdering his killers, but I'd sure as shit understand why they did it and sympathies with them. I'd certainly sympathies with Tear for wanting to punch someone who called him a rapist to his face, wasn't joking and wouldn't back down, since the emotions caused by that are completely understandable - but I'd not forgive him for actually doing it. He should know better, as you say.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

You know, I can't let this thread die, but sometimes I wonder if ']['ear is a drama queen, I mean drama king (is that such a term). No offense brother, but the I'm leaving thread, which wasn't really a leaving thread is just a bit too overboard don't you think? Then again, I'm a lot more laid back then you so maybe you felt it was appropriate at the time... but come on dude.
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

The forum wouldn't survive without drama.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

I don't think I need to point out the blatant hypocrisy in these two post... but just for shits and giggles, talking about something and making it illegal are two different things. But that's ok, you're too obtuse to seem to understand anything that doesn't go with your extremely left point of view anyway, so I'm not surprised.
    What hypocrisy? I said we can accomplish much with words, referring to Tear's talk about lines that aren't okay to cross.

I didn't say that words are the only legitimate option in every scenario, and I wasn't speaking of smoking laws. Come on man, try to keep up. I complained about your tendency to only see extreme options as being legitimate, and your response was to continue focusing on extreme options. What the hell?

Sometimes I have no idea where you come up with stuff.
    Like all great thinkers I am inspired by reality.

I think there is an underlying problem with you Minx, and I’m worried about you. Were you beaten up as a kid a lot? Were you abused? Why this constant idea that you (or government) knows what is best for other people – instead of letting them choose what is best for themselves? Have you made a lot of stupid decisions in your life and you assume that everyone else will make those decisions?
    Who hasn't made stupid decisions???

Only a blind retard can sincerely claim that the society he lives in is so good that it can't/shouldn't be improved further. You (and I as well) live in unacceptably flawed societies, and those flawed societies are the products of hundreds of years of bad decisions.

I think it'd be ridiculous to leave the future of those societies entirely up to chance, or entirely in the hands of people who lack both compassion and foresight, people who think everything's okay. That's what we've been doing, and I don't find the results satisfactory.

I really don't want to leave the fate of my world in the hands of people who think that looking out for others is a sign of weakness and of psychic damage. I really don't want to leave anything important in the hands of people who don't get (or refuse to get) that the average human being exists in a greater and more complicated context. Put another way, I don't want to leave anything important in your hands.

One way I can lessen your harmful influence on my world is by speaking out against the values you espouse. Another way is by supporting entities that counteract your harmful influence, eg. a government that emphasizes good social welfare.

In the spirit of full disclosure, my behaviour, my beliefs, and my values have their roots in many experiences. Those that are particularly relevant to this discussion are: my early years in Bangladesh, the country into which you seem so keen on turning the US; my generally pleasant experiences from schools where we were very good at looking after one another; my generally pleasant life in a country that does social welfare better than most other countries; lessons learned from my mum and from my dad; encounters with many, many people who have not been as fortunate as myself. While most people would find this to be embarrassing or even shameful, I'm okay with it because I think I've arrived at good values, beliefs and behaviours.
    Last edited by Aimless; 03-15-2010 at 02:07 PM.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Aimless, way to keep the thread alive...

I had this really long drawn out reply.... but rather then come off as a pompous ass (as you are so good at) I'll just reply like this:

You just don't get it do you? You reward laziness. Maybe that is why the countries you have lived in don't have the financial strength other countries that reward hard work and innovation do (like the US or Japan).

I do want to reply here two one thing though.... it was the most non personal attacking quote I had (the rest were just mean, and even though I can't agree with you on anything, and you're wrong.... I'm going to take the higher road and not post those responses that could be construed as personal attacks.

What hypocrisy? I said we can accomplish much with words, referring to Tear's talk about lines that aren't okay to cross.
    Bullshit. You said make smoking illegal, and the reply to MY quote that we should talk about it first. Either make it illegal or talk about it… they are NOT one in the same.

BY THE SWEAT OF YOUR BROW WILL YOU HAVE FOOD TO EAT

See people, it's because of shit like this that religion prevents us from having anything good and beautiful
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    BY THE SWEAT OF YOUR BROW WILL YOU HAVE FOOD TO EAT

See people, it's because of shit like this that religion prevents us from having anything good and beautiful
    So we should reward laziNess? Sweet. What a great utopia you live in as well my darling Ness.

You just don't get it do you? You reward laziness. Maybe that is why the countries you have lived in don't have the financial strength other countries that reward hard work and innovation do (like the US or Japan).
    http://www.theworldforgotten.com/sho...r-To-Collision

The United States, Germany and other major economies have moved “substantially” closer to losing their top-notch credit ratings and can not depend solely on economic growth to save them, a report warned on Monday.

[...]

In comparison to both Britain and the United States, the report noted, households in France and Germany entered the crisis with relatively low indebtedness, and hence have a little more room for maneuver. Yet both countries will find themselves under pressure to maintain financial discipline in the event that growth does not rise substantially.

[...]

As for the Nordic countries, the agency said the region entered the crisis in relatively good shape, and their credit ratings appeared to be well protected.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

So we should reward laziNess? Sweet. What a great utopia you live in as well my darling Ness.
    Work does not guarantee reward.
    . . .

In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Bullshit. You said make smoking illegal, and the reply to MY quote that we should talk about it first. Either make it illegal or talk about it… they are NOT one in the same.
    Let's recap:

First off -- to Minxie Poo.... I can't speak for your country, but here you can say whatever the fuck you want. There may be repercussions (like getting your mouth punched in by Tear), but with freedom of speech, I don't have to like what you say, but you have the right to say it.
    That's great Captain America but I'm not talking about your constitutionally protected rights, I'm talking about basic decency and guidelines for respectful behaviour. It's perfectly legal for you to say whatever the fuck you want, but I don't think that makes it okay to say anything you like. I'm with Hazir's sig on this one
    Basic decency? So you are the moral police now? Wonderful. Slippery slope you want to start there. While I agree, many things shouldn’t be said and have consequences, to make it illegal to say them? Hell to tha no. If you want to work a corporate America, don’t use Racist terminology…. But if you want to be a racst, even though I think you’re an idiot…. By all means, be an idiot.

People are stupid Minxie. You can’t stop that.
    What the hell?

I have every reason to believe that I can do a lot to stop people from being assholes towards me or towards those I care about. Who the hell was talking about policing? Is that the only way to influence another person's behaviour? By pressing charges? are indifference and prosecution the only legitimate options, in your world??
    I think it's clear that that line of conversation, at least from where I was standing, was about what's okay or not okay to say.

You don't seem to get it. After all these years you still haven't understood that financial superiority isn't the one single goal I think we should strive for, above all other goals. In spite of your nation's financial strength your populace is suffering from poor mental and physical health, poor education, teen pregnancy, etc etc. I don't want my country to emulate that. Ffs you guys can't even manage to provide high-quality cell-phone services

I do want to reply here two one thing though.... it was the most non personal attacking quote I had (the rest were just mean, and even though I can't agree with you on anything, and you're wrong.... I'm going to take the higher road and not post those responses that could be construed as personal attacks.
    I think there is an underlying problem with you Minx, and I’m worried about you. Were you beaten up as a kid a lot? Were you abused?
    Way to take the high road
    Last edited by Aimless; 03-15-2010 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    We're being crippled by the lazy

Rather ironic to see Minx turn into a hyper-nationalist.

Oh, Sweden has its flaws as well, but I prefer this place to yours and for obvious reasons

I am, however, pretty sure the term "nationalist" is inappropriate in mu particular case. I think you meant hyper-awesome, which, ironically enough, isn't particularly ironic at all

No, extolling the greatness of your country for the better part of a year now, including in many instances where the claim to greatness was rather dubious, counts as hyper-nationalism in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    No, extolling the greatness of your country for the better part of a year now, including in many instances where the claim to greatness was rather dubious, counts as hyper-nationalism in my book.
    By that metric you're the hyperest nationalist

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    And if, for the purposes of this discussion, he had been speaking of Norvay or Vinland?

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    And if, for the purposes of this discussion, he had been speaking of Norvay or Vinland?
    He'd do that only for areas where those countries are similar to Sweden. Seriously, how many recent Minx posts can you recall that were even moderately critical of Sweden?

By that metric you're the hyperest nationalist
    Yeah, because I always talk about how great America is.
    Hope is the denial of reality