Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Please, for Zalgo's sake, keep threads from becoming insultfests in D&D...

Quote Originally Posted by ']['ear View Post
    Timmy over from Atari
    Et tu Bruté?

Is this the new Godwin's law?

edit: And please someone move the avatar thread to GC.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

I'm tryin' man, but she ain't budgin'
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

You?
    Are you serious? All I've done is deny your comments about me. I haven't said anything remotely offensive to you there.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Discussing prostitution in Thailand, how it relates to the local economy, the sexual mores of Thailand, etc. = professional/acting like adults

Calling someone a whore because you disagree with their opinion/style of debate = unprofessional/childish
    Rapist. Racist. Husseinist. These are not "debate styles."

Not to mention the unending stream of other distortions from the Prince of Lies. He's basically Karl Rove in training.

Will you two just fuck and make up already?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Not to mention the unending stream of other distortions from the Prince of Lies. He's basically Karl Rove in training.
    Ask yourself why that huge paragraph you're referring to had to be posted in Debate and Discussion and not sent via PM. If its "because the community needs to see me defend myself!" then perhaps dueling pistols at noon are in order. If its just to defend yourself, and you don't care whether or not other people see it, Loki sees it whether you send it via PM, or post it there.

Besides that, you can point out when someone is lying/using logical fallacies/acting like a giant douche without calling them a giant douche/telling them to eat a bag of dicks/dubbing them the Prince of Lies...
    . . .

Using ad hominems, Loki has insulted pretty much everything I stand for, just to "win points" in debates. Don't expect me to make up with that fuck. At least I apologize when I go too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Ask yourself why that huge paragraph you're referring to had to be posted in Debate and Discussion and not sent via PM. If its "because the community needs to see me defend myself!" then perhaps dueling pistols at noon are in order. If its just to defend yourself, and you don't care whether or not other people see it, Loki sees it whether you send it via PM, or post it there.
    BS

Besides that, you can point out when someone is lying/using logical fallacies/acting like a giant douche without calling them a giant douche/telling them to eat a bag of dicks/dubbing them the Prince of Lies...
    I have mentioned neither douches nor "eating a bag of dicks" (way to elevate the discussion there, Illusions!) And Nessie dubbed him the Prince of Lies. When the shoe fits....

BS
    How so?

I have mentioned neither douches nor "eating a bag of dicks" (way to elevate the discussion there, Illusions!) And Nessie dubbed him the Prince of Lies. When the shoe fits....
    They're called examples, only the last one applied to you...

...and how is Nessus dubbing Loki the Prince of Lies justification for using it in what is supposed to be a forum centered around Debate and Discussion?
    . . .

I recall the Husseinist one, and you've blown it out of proportion. The racist one wasn't Loki, it was me, I'd misinterpreted something you said, back when the Tear persona was still relatively new to the board. Unless you're taking offense at his tendency to play the anti-semitism card, and that's just pointless. Though you do feel the need to be offended by everything Lewk posts, so I suppose pointing out how empty it was is just as pointless, you don't care, you like to feed on every perceived disparagement. And I don't recall anyone ever calling you a rapist.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I believe I once asked him a rhetorical question about being a rapist, though I don't recall over what. He does seem to get offended at the very existence of people who don't agree with him though. I called him a racist for making gross generalizations about Jews (no, not Israelis or Zionists), though in hindsight, he was just trolling.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Not the Jews!
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Yes Loki. You've called me both a racist and rapist. So fuck you.

Did I hurt your feelings?

Yes Loki. You've called me both a racist and rapist. So fuck you.
    So you just want the sex without making up? That's okay, too.

*makes popcorn*

I apologize for my personal attack on Nessus the other day. It was bad form to do that where I did it.

I also agree with Illusions, D&D (which should be Current Affairs Debate or something to that effect) is not the place to flame eachother. Don't know about professional, but I do think looking childish doesn't help us in any way.

This thread by the way should be in the site discussion sub-forum
    Congratulations America

For future reference, I can live without you PMing me your complaints, too

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Did I hurt your feelings?
    If you want to call offending me with your lying, personal assaults, then yes.

Where I grew up, calling somebody a rapist or racist were serious fighting words, resulting either in an ass whupping or a rapid retreat/apology. Seriously. I don't tolerate that shit from anybody, especially a self-satisfied snot-nosed punk like you. If we ever meet in person, we'll have a discussion about these labels. Husseinist? Pfeh, who cares? I just recall it to illustrate what a hack you are. Rapist? Racist? Again, if we ever meet we're going to have a discussion about it, and you'll own up to those comments. You'll either apologize, come up with a good explanation as to why those terms fit me, or suffer what most people would consider pretty reasonable consequences.

I consider this a reasonable response.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Will you two just fuck and make up already?
    I so want to start a fight with you, just to make up now Lolli.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOgre View Post
    I so want to start a fight with you, just to make up now Lolli.
    I always thought make-up sex was a fairly common activity.

If you want to call offending me with your lying, personal assaults, then yes.

Where I grew up, calling somebody a rapist or racist were serious fighting words, resulting either in an ass whupping or a rapid retreat/apology. Seriously. I don't tolerate that shit from anybody, especially a self-satisfied snot-nosed punk like you. If we ever meet in person, we'll have a discussion about these labels. Husseinist? Pfeh, who cares? I just recall it to illustrate what a hack you are. Rapist? Racist? Again, if we ever meet we're going to have a discussion about it, and you'll own up to those comments. You'll either apologize, come up with a good explanation as to why those terms fit me, or suffer what most people would consider pretty reasonable consequences.

Threatening violence over the Internet? Really?

I just recall it to illustrate what a hack you are. Rapist? Racist? Again, if we ever meet we're going to have a discussion about it, and you'll own up to those comments. You'll either apologize, come up with a good explanation as to why those terms fit me, or suffer what most people would consider pretty reasonable consequences.

What if I called you a brainless thug?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I always thought make-up sex was a fairly common activity.
    Not between us? I haven't had the pleasure.
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    This thread by the way should be in the site discussion sub-forum
    Damn it all...he's right...
    . . .

I can't for the life of me think of a valid reason to censor speech, other then the curse filter (to keep the forums work safe).

We all came here, because our freedom of speech, our freedom of expression was censored. And I for one an a huge fan of Steely's, Ness'es, and Lolli's gift of gab when it comes to cutting down a fellow poster.... even when it is me. It makes some of the otherwise drab talk about politics entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Threatening violence over the Internet? Really?
    Actually, I think I set up a conditional response. I said we'd have a discussion about these labels, and my actions thereafter would depend on his response. I seriously doubt that Loki would call me a rapist or a racist to my face. And I said that if he did, my response would be one that many would consider reasonable.

You see, I have gone too far before. For some bizarre reason, I once called some trolling punk a "pencil dick." Actually out of character for me to do stuff like that. But Fuzzy got very hyper, and I apologized to the kid.

But rapist? Racist? Really? These are very deep insults to any ethical law-abiding person. I won't tolerate them, nor should anybody else here. The odds are about 100% that he would back away from that in person.

{a corollary is that Fuzzy never said anything to Loki about these insults, but he has belabored "pencil dick" for years. Which is a large part of why I dismiss him as a sanctimonious hypocrite. Don't get me wrong: he was absolutely right to call me on "pencil dick." I'm glad he did.}

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    What if I called you a brainless thug?
    I wouldn't really give a shit.

But rapist? Racist? Really? These are very deep insults to any ethical law-abiding person.
    No jury in the world, huh

Pencil Dick is so.... 1980..... you need a new cutdown and perhaps that is why Fuzzy has been all over it.

Howabout calling someone..... vienna sausage? Or Coctail Weiner?

OR, someone desperately in need of Enzyte?

So, as a mature adult, you're incapable of walking away?

Yes. See, if somebody threw some racial epithets around the forum, everybody would gang up on him, and mods would ban him. But Loki can toss around seriously offensive stuff like that and nobody says a word?

It's not just when it's directed at me, either. I'll step in on somebody else's behalf when unreasonably offensive stuff is directed their way, won't I Ness? Lolli?