Page 117 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,510 of 5648

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

The UK is having our first ever Police & Crime Commissioner (PCC) elections today. Just voted just after 9PM (polls close at 10) and the school our polling station is in was a ghost town - fair enough so late. Spoke to the tellers and they were shocked we'd arrived, weren't expecting anyone else to come in. They showed us the marked register - Amanda and I were the 26th and 27th people to vote today in our area out of a few hundreds. If even 10% of people in my area have voted then I'd be surprised

I believe in the principle of these but public interest isn't there. I've not had even a single leaflet through the door from any of the candidates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

I didn't vote.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Does PA have something similar to this: http://www.insurance.illinois.gov/ipxp ?
    Thanks, yes. But to qualify (for the PA Fair Care) I have to be uninsured for six months.

Yeah, same here. Might be worth it depending on your circumstances.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    The UK is having our first ever Police & Crime Commissioner (PCC) elections today. Just voted just after 9PM (polls close at 10) and the school our polling station is in was a ghost town - fair enough so late. Spoke to the tellers and they were shocked we'd arrived, weren't expecting anyone else to come in. They showed us the marked register - Amanda and I were the 26th and 27th people to vote today in our area out of a few hundreds. If even 10% of people in my area have voted then I'd be surprised

I believe in the principle of these but public interest isn't there. I've not had even a single leaflet through the door from any of the candidates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    I didn't vote.
    There is now an inquiry into the low turnout.

I had no idea this was taking place, so no vote here either.

How did you not know it? Even I knew.
    Congratulations America

You may be more attuned or plugged into political channels than I am. I'm not particularly attuned as I'm not particularly political.

As Rand said though, no leaflets through the door which normally precede this sort of thing. No announcements on news channels or papers, local or otherwise, that I saw.

Seems to have taken place in a bit of a vacuum, hence the inquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    There is now an inquiry into the low turnout.
    When they ask me, I'll till them because it was dumb and because I had literally no idea who any of the canidates were and I refuse to vote by ticking a box at random.
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

link. fix it.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

fixed
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Will oxygen be next?

Decided to finally give Amazon Prime a try this year. First item I ordered with it, on the 18th, has a delivery date of Dec 4th. dafuq?
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

It's two days from the moment it ships. It doesn't change when the item ships.

true, but for an item that's listed as in stock, waiting till Dec 2 to ship seems extremely...slow. The prime page states that the item typically arrives 2 days after the order is placed (if within cut off time).

The items I ordered yesterday from their black Friday lightning deals are being delivered tomorrow.

Maybe they're prioritizing all the Black Friday orders?

Yeah, same here. Might be worth it depending on your circumstances.
    Sure, if I can keep my knees in working order while I wait to "qualify" for the insurance, then wait another 6-8 weeks before "using" the insurance.

The point is that you should still see the doctor. Unless they're doing costly procedures to you, it might be cheaper to pay out of pocket and then get insurance in 6 months than to get insurance and be forced to pay out of pocket for preexisting conditions indefinitely.

true, but for an item that's listed as in stock, waiting till Dec 2 to ship seems extremely...slow.
    I know you bought it on Amazon.com, but did you buy it from Amazon.com or one of their affiliates? Amazon.com will list their affiliates first, and link them to the "Add to Cart" button if they list a price lower than them.
    . . .

It says Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

It was a $4 bluray, Last Samurai. It wasn't a lightning deal so I'm assuming they either over sold (amazon is not listed as an option now), or sold interest first before a printing or mass order. I've noticed before Amazon doesn't generally warn you if they oversell an item and you have to wait for the next shipment. They just alter the delivery date.

The point is that you should still see the doctor. Unless they're doing costly procedures to you, it might be cheaper to pay out of pocket and then get insurance in 6 months than to get insurance and be forced to pay out of pocket for preexisting conditions indefinitely.
    Yet another messed-up-groove post. No offense, but you don't really understand my problems, the changing nature of medical care, or the politicization of both.

Thinking about national problems isn't going to save you money, is it? Do a cost-benefit analysis of your options first, then worry about national issues.

Thinking about national problems isn't going to save you money, is it? Do a cost-benefit analysis of your options first, then worry about national issues.
    That sounds like a generational difference more than anything. I'm less concerned about national problems when 'saving my money', than I am concerned about 'saving my kids' from the burdens of taking care of an invalid or crippled parent..... or a medically bankrupt and impoverished mother.

My point still stands.

My point still stands.
    Of course it does. Because you're more comfortable acting like a policy wonk than extending yourself as a human being, with emotions.

It says Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

It was a $4 bluray, Last Samurai. It wasn't a lightning deal so I'm assuming they either over sold (amazon is not listed as an option now), or sold interest first before a printing or mass order. I've noticed before Amazon doesn't generally warn you if they oversell an item and you have to wait for the next shipment. They just alter the delivery date.
    It says, on that page, in large orange text "Usually ships within 1 to 4 weeks." then right below it "Ordering for Christmas? This item requires additional time to ship." This doesn't seem to be a huge mystery here.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Of course it does. Because you're more comfortable acting like a policy wonk than extending yourself as a human being, with emotions.
    What does telling someone to make use of the system that exists instead of one that they wished would exist have to do with being a policy wonk? If anything, you're the one who's incapable of making decisions for your own good just because of some obsession with public policy.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    That sounds like a generational difference more than anything. I'm less concerned about national problems when 'saving my money', than I am concerned about 'saving my kids' from the burdens of taking care of an invalid or crippled parent..... or a medically bankrupt and impoverished mother.
    It still boggles my mind how anybody in your age group could let her health Insurance lapse. Even a slightly expensive policy is better than no policy.
    Congratulations America

In your time on this board, has GGT ever demonstrated a penchant for rationality?

In your time on this board, has GGT ever demonstrated a penchant for rationality?
    You have to admit this goes a whole mile further than having some off-key ideas about the economy. This is self-sabotage almost.
    Congratulations America