Page 118 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,540 of 5648

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

You won't get any disagreement from me. Though you are assuming that someone who can't use logic here would somehow be able to do so in their personal life.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    You won't get any disagreement from me. Though you are assuming that someone who can't use logic here would somehow be able to do so in their personal life.
    I could mention at least one person on this board, not being GG, that I think can't string a logical thought together when it comes to politics who still seems to be able to not fuck up his personal life.
    Congratulations America

GGT, in lieu of better immediate options you can always try for the time being to stay ahead through regular and appropriate exercise. Best of luck, and hope you arrive at a solution that's a reasonably happy medium between the two extremes you brought up earlier
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I have a kitchen with two microwave-combinations in it. Just now I turned them on at the same time. And then I found out that in one of the ovens the plate turns clockwise, where the plate in the other oven turns counter clockwise.
    Congratulations America

Did it create a (not very useful) wormhole?
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan Rath View Post
    Did it create a (not very useful) wormhole?
    I think my electrical system can't sustain the kind of power needed for that, but you'll have to admit this is really warped.
    Congratulations America

Money is speech but boycotts are treason
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I usually wash at cold temperatures and then hang-dry most of my clothes to save energy and prevent shrinking.

Someone messed with the washer/dryer machine to turn the dryer on. One of my favorite new shirts is shrunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    GGT, in lieu of better immediate options you can always try for the time being to stay ahead through regular and appropriate exercise. Best of luck, and hope you arrive at a solution that's a reasonably happy medium between the two extremes you brought up earlier
    Thanks, I appreciate that.

I've been 'experimenting' with therapies, based on possible diagnoses. I've had some success treating my knee problems as secondary, related to my flat feet and fallen arches, possibly plantar fasciitis. I'm now using orthotics, heat/cold packs, Thai massage, yoga stretches, and doing certain foot and leg exercises. And not wearing high heeled shoes, house slippers, flip-flops, or walking barefoot. Not ever.

That's been the hardest part, because I've always been a barefoot kind of gal. Or willing to wear a pair of sexy shoes for 8 hours or more, even though they were killing my feet.

What does telling someone to make use of the system that exists instead of one that they wished would exist have to do with being a policy wonk? If anything, you're the one who's incapable of making decisions for your own good just because of some obsession with public policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    It still boggles my mind how anybody in your age group could let her health Insurance lapse. Even a slightly expensive policy is better than no policy.
    Maybe you both missed the part of eligibility requirements for Fair Care in my state?

To qualify for the best plan that meets my needs, I must be UNINSURED for six (6) months first. No "slightly expensive policy" can undo that mandate. I'm actually trying to use the system, as it exists, to my own benefit. That holier-than-thou second guessing is just that, from both of you.

I can't sleep.
    Congratulations America

Find a Twilight video online?
    Hope is the denial of reality

I can't sleep.
    Ageing kinda sucks that way. Trying to fall asleep when dog tired, or sleep interrupted with the need to pee.....it's not a pretty picture most times.

Find a Twilight video online?
    I think I'll take a shower and go to work at 7.
    Congratulations America

I have a kitchen with two microwave-combinations in it. Just now I turned them on at the same time. And then I found out that in one of the ovens the plate turns clockwise, where the plate in the other oven turns counter clockwise.
    Get ready then because I'm about to blow your mind. I have a microwave that reverses direction after each use. Just finished heating some food and it was going clockwise? Now its going to go counter clockwise!
    . . .

Hey, don't give him more reasons to stay awake.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Hey, don't give him more reasons to stay awake.
    I already am having breakfast. I will take my shower after I've finished my coffee and then I'll be off to the office.
    Congratulations America

Then it wasn't that you couldn't sleep....but that you hadn't slept. Not sure which is harder, or more important. If you were operating heavy machinery or piloting a plane, maybe you'd be given furlough. But if you're "just" adjudicating disability claims, they look the other way?

Always messes with my groove when "GGT" is the predominant poster name under any category, or when "GGT" is also the only member on-line.....but there are like 50 guests or hidden members lurking. Sure, I may be overly chatty.....but that's better than hiding behind anonymous member or "guest" status.

I have opinions and am willing to express and defend them. Are the lurkers just a bunch of wussy voyeurs, or what?

They're mostly just spiders.

A handful of spambots trying to gain entry too.

Eww, spiders. OK, so why does v-bulletin format bother to tell us how many non-posters or spambots are lurking about?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Then it wasn't that you couldn't sleep....but that you hadn't slept. Not sure which is harder, or more important. If you were operating heavy machinery or piloting a plane, maybe you'd be given furlough. But if you're "just" adjudicating disability claims, they look the other way?
    @work, tired, and annoyed now because some borderline bitch thinks I am responsable for the fact that she waited 3 days to pick up a registered time sensitive letter from the post-office somewhere in Finland and filed a complaint to that effect.

P.S. Borderline bitch is not my evaluation of her acting as an asshole; it's a diagnosis made by a psychiatrist.

P.P.S.S. Too bad for her pulling this trick, plus telling me she doesn't want to talk to me on the phone any longer, blocks me/us from telling her she's going to miss another deadline in a matter of days.
    Congratulations America

That's one happy spider.

And one unhappy Hazir, with one unhappy "client". Spider webs indeed.

@work, tired, and annoyed now because some borderline bitch thinks I am responsable for the fact that she waited 3 days to pick up a registered time sensitive letter from the post-office somewhere in Finland and filed a complaint to that effect.

P.S. Borderline bitch is not my evaluation of her acting as an asshole; it's a diagnosis made by a psychiatrist.

P.P.S.S. Too bad for her pulling this trick, plus telling me she doesn't want to talk to me on the phone any longer, blocks me/us from telling her she's going to miss another deadline in a matter of days.
    Presumably someone who isn't you could call and remind her?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Presumably someone who isn't you could call and remind her?
    Nope. You know, if people start acting like bitches, they forfeit anything beyond the legal requirements. I am annoyed about the complaint but not especially fazed about it because I can already predict it will be rejected as unfounded because the letter she didn't bother to pick up from the post office already was an extension of a period that I could just as easily have denied her (It's not really my problem that her printer didn't work, but I was nice enough to give her two extra weeks to fill out some forms rather than reject her claim immediately because she hadn't returned the forms on the first due date). The evaluation of my dealing with her file will be that as I already showed considerable leniency towards her I can't be blamed for the fact that she didn't use the extra time she was given efficiently or effectively.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    They're mostly just spiders.
    This thread is now post cute spider pictures thread

(not really)
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    This thread is now post cute spider pictures thread
    Okay!

(not really)
    Too late. No take-backs.

Noooooo

You people suck. Good way to keep me out of the Messing with your Groove thread, though