Page 121 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 5648

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Better flee Europe.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post

Aw, comon, they're just liberating you!

This nightshift isn't going well. First there were technical problems on the other end, and they had to call techies out of bed to fix it, causing a delay, and now there's a techincal problem on my end, and my boss is on his way here to help me fix it. Ugh.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21227053

Prepare to be civilized.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Aw, comon, they're just liberating you!
    obligatory comic
    Click to view the full version
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Your halcyon days of stoning adulterers is coming to a close.

I wonder if that's why Cain is gone...

Getting a new contract with Vodafone was pretty bad. I went for a renewal but had a specific request wrt my number. What I needed was a new number and that new number should be a number with a prefix from a list of pre-approved prefixes. So I am at this store and I get a salesperson who's talking like he's memorized a script but who doesn't really react to the things I say. At one point during the conversation I say, just to make sure I won't get a wrong number, that I want to see the number before we make everything final. On which he goes off on a tangent about keeping my number with the new contract. Which is exactly what I don't want. I try to get this in sideways, but he doesn't understand what I say about wanting a number from a specific group of numbers and he simply continues his explanation on how keeping my number works. Then I look at him and ask him if he would please stop his explanation. After which he looks at me and says 'now, that wasn't very friendly'. I told him then that I would prefer to continue with one of his collegues or try my luck at an other store.

His collegue didn't quite understand my needs either, but she translated that into asking me an explanation. After which the whole thing was done within 5 minutes. Galaxy SIII is sweet, even though I won't be using it.
    Congratulations America

Well you can send it to me, I know someone who needs one (assuming it is lock-free).
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

I need one, too

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    Well you can send it to me, I know someone who needs one (assuming it is lock-free).
    Hey back off you, I just said I won't be using it, not that it wouldn't be used.
    Congratulations America

10 minutes after I ordered 75/25 FIOS, one of my OCZ SSDs in my RAID0 fails.

fuck
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Trying to clean my laptop, so I wanted to take off the keyboard. Unscrewed the screws, unlocked the locking tabs.. and it will move, in the top middle, but the sides seem stuck not sure if I should try to use more force, or not.

And I accidentally dislodged the F1 key. Ugh.

Was listening to the radio...and now have Roxette Fading Like A Flower stuck in my head.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Hey, try getting multiple phone calls per day, week after week, from a collection agency, for bills your ex owes.

It's a double whammy. Not only is the agency bothersome (and quite rude) that borders on harassment, but it's even worse to keep living with my ex's baggage TWELVE YEARS after our divorce.

I admit that I didn't read the site nearly as much as I used to, but it always sucks to suddenly have part of your childhood close up for good.

GameSpy shut down today

holy shit, 1up got the axe too. wtf IGN

water pump/treatment facility for the city has failed. like crazy bad. water pressure is way low and everyone is already under a 2 day boil notice.

Not sure if Ill be able to go home on leave before deployment. Kind of blows

Quote Originally Posted by Spenni View Post
    Do you mind me asking where you are stationed?

FT Hood TX
    Is it a question of getting leave or the time it would take you to get home?

Its the question getting it. Theyre trying but we got shafted on some things as unit so now were in time crunch

Welcome here by the way Spenni.
    Congratulations America

Do they at least let you visit the ladies at College Station?

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Do they at least let you visit the ladies at College Station?
    Yep and 6th street. Though I here Houston is the place the go.

Single again. Too numb to really react to it. Wish I had someone to go get drunk with.

Break-ups suck big time.
    Last edited by GGT; 02-24-2013 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    water pump/treatment facility for the city has failed. like crazy bad. water pressure is way low and everyone is already under a 2 day boil notice.
    boil notice was lifted a few minutes ago. I was going to grumble about how working today meant working with a lot of people who haven't bathed in 2 days, but thats no different than any other day in this place.

So i get one of the newest phones.. And the economist app isn't compatible

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    So i get one of the newest phones.. And the economist app isn't compatible
    Seriously? Brand/OS ?
    Congratulations America