Page 13 of 189 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

I've had a constant twitch in my lower eye lid for over 24 hours now.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    I've had a constant twitch in my lower eye lid for over 24 hours now.
    = tiredness
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 03-08-2010 at 01:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

http://www.wsbtv.com/weather/8876702/detail.html

It's just fantastic. We go from miserably cold to allergy hell in just one week.

It will get much worse before it gets better.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Surprize toothache.
    Started for no apparent reason, hurt like hell, then stopped after 10 minutes or so.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

I need to buy a book for a class, and it's €140
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    I need to buy a book for a class, and it's €140
    What book? Plus, thats nothing ... try studying law and having a 3 vol set at £500.

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    What book? Plus, thats nothing ... try studying law and having a 3 vol set at £500.
    Entrepreneurial finance, by smith & kiholm smith. In addition I also need the essence of negotiation by hiltrop & udall, and one on solid state physics but I might borrow that one.

I know it's not thát expensive, but for my study it is. I've had my fair share of book buying already, and I thought I was passed that. Most master courses only use readers, online material, stuff like that, not generally expensive books. And I can't erally miss 200 euros at the moment, and i dont like calling my parents for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    and one on solid state physics but I might borrow that one.
    Which one? I have strong opinions on the matter
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Why can't you follow CSS standards Microsoft? WHY!? You've been causing problems like this since 1998...1998! 12 years you bastards!
    . . .

Okay, so this eye twitch keeps coming and going. Really, really frustrating. Not going to waste time or money going to the doctor (what's he gonna say or do, anyway---get more sleep, don't drink coffee?)

Anyone ever have this maddening tic? Can it be a seasonal allergy sign?

Anyone ever have this maddening tic? Can it be a seasonal allergy sign?
    My left eyelid gets one when I'm running a massive sleep deficit and/or processing large amounts of caffeine...vicious cycle there...
    . . .

Yeah it's the left side! But I need the because I haven't slept well, because I'm rationing my sleep meds, because they're expensive. A vicious cycle indeed.

I seemingly got given an ultimatum last night of "Give me a baby or we are finished". By the looks of things i'll be single again soon as i'm not going to give in to emotional blackmail simply to have a baby. Especially when i don't feel ready and i just want to enjoy my life a little more - am i being unreasonable? Don't like the idea of losing her if i'm honest but i simply can't bring myself to trying for something i don't want yet.

Talk about it?

If you don't like the idea of losing her you must love her, and there must be some worth in considering a future together.

You aren't ready for a baby, she is. Tell her to wait. You're both young - there is so much time.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Talk about it?

If you don't like the idea of losing her you must love her, and there must be some worth in considering a future together.

You aren't ready for a baby, she is. Tell her to wait. You're both young - there is so much time.
    I've been doing the talking 'thing', seemingly done nothing apart from get her real angry.

She's a very stubborn woman, she's asked advice from various friends and they all believe she should wait and simply enjoy life a little. She's having none of it!

I don't think either of us are ready. She's looking at a career change, i'm studying for my course since work want to put me through management. If she wants to walk out, i can do nothing about it apart from beg her not to but i will NOT give in. I often cave in to her little wishes but this time i won't. Furthermore the way shes acting about the situation is rather childish which to me, shows she's to immature for such a responsibility (I told her that too, oh boy, what a mistake!).

Don't cave in - you don't want to have a kid you're not ready for.

Talking is good - but yes, calling her immature was an epic error in judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post

Talking is good - but yes, calling her immature was an epic error in judgment.
    I was frustrated if anything, caught in the moment. She now wants alone time to think about what she wants ...

Gotcha.

And what do you want?

This, Lor. This.

Even when you -think- you're ready for a kid, nothing prepares you for when it actually comes. It's hard damn work, buddy, and you should only commit to it when you're ready. There are nights when you think to yourself whether it was all worth it, and you remember how simple life was without kids - and if you don't enter parenthood with the right mindset and want kids for the right reasons, it's going to be a problem.

Listen to the people with kids there. They be talking sense. Having kids is not something to use for pressuring you. That's other little human beings you're talking about. They deserve to be wanted.

Good on you for not caving in.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Gotcha.

And what do you want?
    A little more time being free and enjoying life with her without having to worry about the life some thing so petit n precious. Plus we've only been living together for 9 months (been an item as such for 5 years).

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    This, Lor. This.

Even when you -think- you're ready for a kid, nothing prepares you for when it actually comes. It's hard damn work, buddy, and you should only commit to it when you're ready. There are nights when you think to yourself whether it was all worth it, and you remember how simple life was without kids - and if you don't enter parenthood with the right mindset and want kids for the right reasons, it's going to be a problem.
    Exactly, i don't want to look back and resent anyone or thing simply because i caved in when i wasn't ready. How horrible must that be for a kid when they are older to find out that your own father wasn't ready to have you and wishes he waited .... might sound pathetic but it really bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Listen to the people with kids there. They be talking sense. Having kids is not something to use for pressuring you. That's other little human beings you're talking about. They deserve to be wanted.

Good on you for not caving in.

The old "I'm ready for kids so you have to be too" trick hey.

If you two loved each other there would be no such ultimatum - end of story.

I assume that you're taking sensible precautions right? A good percentage of humanity exists today because someone "forgot" to take their pill.
    Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    The old "I'm ready for kids so you have to be too" trick hey.

If you two loved each other there would be no such ultimatum - end of story.

I assume that you're taking sensible precautions right? A good percentage of humanity exists today because someone "forgot" to take their pill.
    Way ahead of you there, of course I've not taken into account the good old sabotage action which could be implemented to those precautions. If they are prepared to 'forget' to take the pill, they are open to all sorts.

Red Flag, Lor. Any woman who uses that kind of threat or ultimatum will most likely keep doing that over time in a relationship, for whatever she wants. Besides thinking about timing children together, I suggest you think about whether you can live with that type of woman, or keep up the emotional investment.

Red Flag, Lor. Any woman who uses that kind of threat or ultimatum will most likely keep doing that over time in a relationship, for whatever she wants. Besides thinking about timing children together, I suggest you think about whether you can live with that type of woman, or keep up the emotional investment.
    I know i can live with that type of woman, as i said to her she's waited X amount of years (she's always wanted one) thus far, a few more won't harm. Tonight is going to be wonderful, i sense a full blooded argument, and the good old fashioned "I'll do everything but make sure i slam the doors afterwards to express my anger".

Some time ago, around Christmas, I was at a gay club in Istanbul with a bunch of friends and friends of friends. At one point one of my acquaintances, who was going to stay over that night asked me if I could translate between him and this 'really cute tourist' he had met. I obliged, and to my surprise found out that I wouldn't be doing Turkish-English, but Turkish-Dutch. That was because the 'really cute tourist' turned out to be a dutch man who lives in the same neighbourhood as I in Amsterdam. Of course we chatted a bit, and I found out that he was a local politician besides the fact that he was handsome.

After the club closed we (including the tourist) went to my place to have a drink. Some drinks later, it gets time to break up the company and, to make a long story short, the Turkish acquaintance and the dutch tourist wind up in the same bed.

The next morning the dutch tourist is gone before I wake up, but according to the claims of the Turk they had a very pleasant time together in bed.

Fast forward to today.

I am in Amsterdam, at the office and a bit bored, so I start surfing a bit online. I see an article on the site of a local newspaper about the elections and I remember this guy. I google his name and sure enough I get some results. One of which is that he just got married to a woman.
    Congratulations America

Yeah it's the left side! But I need the because I haven't slept well, because I'm rationing my sleep meds, because they're expensive. A vicious cycle indeed.
    Coffee makes your sleep less good, I advise staying off it for a few days and catch up sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    I know i can live with that type of woman, as i said to her she's waited X amount of years (she's always wanted one) thus far, a few more won't harm. Tonight is going to be wonderful, i sense a full blooded argument, and the good old fashioned "I'll do everything but make sure i slam the doors afterwards to express my anger".
    Good luck. Makes me happy to see that I am not the only guy here who called his girlfriend immature in the heat of an argument :P Of course, in my case that was also the night that ended that relation altogether...

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I am in Amsterdam, at the office and a bit bored, so I start surfing a bit online. I see an article on the site of a local newspaper about the elections and I remember this guy. I google his name and sure enough I get some results. One of which is that he just got married to a woman.
    .... the fuck ?

Okaaaay ... one last gay fling before marriage.

Don't you want one last gay fling before you get hitched?

It'll be a first gay fling if I have one.