Page 159 of 189 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,770 of 5648

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Let it dry properly, give it a couple of days at least

good luck
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Carrying stuff to the pool so put my phone in the pocket of my swim trunks. Proceeded to get into the pool. Five minutes later I realized how stupid I was. Phone won't turn on, doubt it will. Worst part is that I never backed up FFRK. /cry
    I once had a phone go through a full cycle in the washing machine and used it for another year once it started up again.

You should not have tried to turn it on. Best way to proceed is to take battery, simcard, sd-cards out, and leave it out to dry in the air. Only try to start it once it has had a chance to dry properly.
    Congratulations America

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I once had a phone go through a full cycle in the washing machine and used it for another year once it started up again.

You should not have tried to turn it on. Best way to proceed is to take battery, simcard, sd-cards out, and leave it out to dry in the air. Only try to start it once it has had a chance to dry properly.
    If it wasn't in clear water you should rinse it in distilled water first, then dry it out. You can speed up the drying process by using rice - or an desiccator over sulfuric acid in a near-vacuum.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

getting real tired of the "you're growing up" line cause im buying a house.

bitch i'm still on my first marriage, same employeer for 16 years, 3 kids, 800+ credit score, and my car ain't a piece of shit. I grew up before you did.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

nuh-uh

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    getting real tired of the "you're growing up" line cause im buying a house.

bitch i'm still on my first marriage, same employeer for 16 years, 3 kids, 800+ credit score, and my car ain't a piece of shit. I grew up before you did.
    Grumpy old man; yes you've grown up already
    Congratulations America

Still on your first marriage may be what makes people think you haven't grown up yet
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

My country.

There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

My "family". Specifically, my extended "family". I can hardly believe that my sister has adopted her family-by-marriage, when it's such a bad scenario. I can't wrap my head around the dynamics, but I end up being part of the picture. In order to help my sister, I have to swallow my voice. It's complicated, and very difficult.

I don't dare to ask my sister how this marriage makes her happy, when she's clearly very unhappy.....

My kids say it's a marriage of convenience, since they don't have children, and they're afraid of growing old alone. I don't know what to make of it...but I'd like to think marriage is more than fear of being alone, or growing old.
    Last edited by GGT; 06-28-2016 at 12:01 AM.

Bud Spencer died yesterday
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

my dad used to take me to the cinema to see those movies in the early eighties

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

"Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Let it dry properly, give it a couple of days at least

good luck
    Its dead. Can't even get data off of it. $350 down the drain since I didn't have insurance on. The small silver lining is that a friend who always used to play FFRK let me take over his account so I'm not starting from scratch there. Still... that pool is now my enemy. I will burn it with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Its dead. Can't even get data off of it. $350 down the drain since I didn't have insurance on. The small silver lining is that a friend who always used to play FFRK let me take over his account so I'm not starting from scratch there. Still... that pool is now my enemy. I will burn it with fire.
    Shouldn't you be burning those shorts?
    Congratulations America

Ugh. I'd completely forgotten about the LinkedIn data-breach because, although I registered on the site like a million years ago, I haven't actually used it at all in like forever. Of course, I have been pwned. My microsoft account seems to be safe though *knocks on wood*. Sanitization in progress because I can't remember what password I used for the damn' site. I need to implement a good and secure but easy to use password management system. Guess I can at least begin with 2FA and hope it doesn't cause a hassle if I'm ever abroad and/or without a working phone.

I forgot to check, but I haven't been pwned it seems!

People shooting each other is messing with my groove... not sure why it bothers me so much when it's not exactly in my back yard.
    Such is Life...

And it bothers me to complain about my cat pissing outside the litter box....when there are so many other more important issues to complain about (like cops shooting people, or people shooting cops.) But if that means we can't complain about mundane stuff here, then I'm gonna complain about that.

Another something messing with my groove: my 93 yr old neighbor (who's moved to an assisted living facility) has listed her house for sale, for the same price as its original build price in 1992! (Well, she didn't, her adult children/heirs and realtor did.) This totally messes with me and my neighbors. We have no idea how to figure real estate market prices now, or our homes valuations, or if the RE taxes we're paying are justified.

Coincidentally, the township tax report came in the mail --- and 25% of total school costs are "other, financial". We're funding our school districts with borrowed money (debt) and insane property taxes. The PA legislature has done a shit job at funding public education. They can't create a state budget at all....

When I get my 2016 RE tax bill for municipal services like police, fire, or "road improvements", that will probably also be higher. I'm going to be forced to sell my house, and move to either a different school district within the county, or another state altogether. I don't mind paying taxes for public services, but this is ridiculous.

Also, it bugs the crap out of me that my cats puke their fur balls right after I've cleaned the house. It's like they know, and time their bodily functions just so. But that can't be right, right?

That is in fact exactly what's going on. They're cats, GGT Loki does the same thing

This whole forum is a giant fur ball.
    Hope is the denial of reality

So at work I got the responsibility for equipment - on one hand making sure all is maintained and calibrated in time (and documented), and to update our processes for that abs new equipment because I don't think it will survive an audit for our ISO certification as it is now. Out of the two tasks, the latter will be a lot of work and fairly complicated to properly adhere to all regulations, and the first is supposed to be easy.

So almost two months ago I sent out a pump for chemicals for maintenence, but when it came back it worked like shit (it would day it pumped 50 ml, when about 5-10 ml was actually pumped). So I called the supplier, they came by and couldn't fix it so agreed to send it back. Took three weeks and several phonecalls to actually have it picked up, and now it's still at the factory with no update on when we can expect it back - and we ate starting to really need it back.

And another type of pump was sent for maintenance and calibration and was away for five weeks and now our supplier found during a routine check before installing it that there's still an issue (it was working just fine before we sent it, by the way). By now the replacement also expired so I have to do a shitload of paperwork to be able to keep using that one.. And again no idea on when we'll actually get it back. All this shit is costing me a lot of time I should have been spending on updating our processes, so I'm starting to worry about my deadlines.

I guess the upside is that because of the overtime I can now take the train home after rush hour which is cheaper

Hope is the denial of reality

Star Wars VII was disappointing.
    Freedom - When people learn to embrace criticism about politicians, since politicians are just employees like you and me.

I just heard that in the street where I grew up and where one of my sisters still lives, a man has jumped from a window with his baby. Neither survived the jump.
    Congratulations America

Our pet bunny, Denny Crane, has passed away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Sorry, Rand. Your bunny lived a long time, and became part of your family, just like a dog or cat would. Are you going to have a burial service or something?