Page 171 of 171 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171
Results 5,101 to 5,103 of 5103

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

No? Weren't you talking about the value of hand-written love letters in another thread?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    No? Weren't you talking about the value of hand-written love letters in another thread?
    First off, you don't know anything about this woman and what she prefers. Secondly, you don't know the circumstances - which are that she lives nearly 9000 km away and regularly sending her physical photos would be (a) prohibitively expensive, (b) super slow, and (c) limited in quantity/frequency. Here she gets nearly daily updates on her great grandchildren which, let's be honest, are probably the best things she sees each day. She does get some books/photos/etc. in hard copy once or twice a year (along with a physical visit roughly annually) but why on earth would I deprive her of one of her joys by sticking just to hard copies?
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

I'm sorry for sounding snarky and upsetting you, wiggin.

But I stand by my opinion that you don't need Facebook to share photos, especially since it causes you consternation by getting spam ads. Email attachments can serve the same purpose, and text messages too (if she has a smart phone) without the Facebook headaches.