Page 20 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Ahh, democracy at work protecting it's citizens from the truth in the name of the republic. go Tiger go.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Front page of the BBC and MSN.com , verified by the AP too (not that it was needed at this point).

My best friend and his lady lost one of their little kittens over the weekend, it wasn't even a year old and it got run over Friday night. Vets tried to keep it alive but the kidneys failed.

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36193558...ence-security/

WASHINGTON - A federal appeals court has ruled that the Federal Communications Commission lacks the authority to require broadband providers to give equal treatment to all Internet traffic flowing over their networks.

Tuesday's ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia is a big victory for Comcast Corp., the nation's largest cable company. It had challenged the FCC's authority to impose so called "Net neutrality" obligations.

It marks a serious setback for the FCC, which needs authority to regulate the Internet in order to push ahead with key parts of its massive national broadband plan.
    FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
    I enjoy blank walls.

Just saw that too. Its a sad day for US internet users Hopefully the FCC will be given these missing powers in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Just saw that too. Its a sad day for US internet users Hopefully the FCC will be given these missing powers in short order.
    I'm wondering how feasible it would be to setup a citizen-owned and operated, open-source, nation-wide network that could bypass any potential problems that US corporations could cause.
    . . .

Click to view the full version

I have a pounding headache, my eyes are red and itchy, and my nose is dripping.

Pollen count today is 2967.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

The only thing worse than having allergies is being the only person in the household who doesn't. damn whiners.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Is that panda dead, asleep, gravely ill or humping a log?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

She was just relaxing on it

Her fuck-buddy was sprawled out looking like a rug. He didn't move a single time.

The baby, on the other hand, was entertaining.

My phone's camera really sucks.

My life is going to get more complicated, soon. The ex (whose latest girlfriend lives about 45 mins from here) has decided to financially join him in adding a 2 story addition to the back of his house. (Never mind that it's a hovel, or that an addition won't make the old part better.)

Now she's made an offer on a house 5 doors down from him. Their "plan" is to live there while they renovate the other. Or something. The kids are kind of confused, they want to know if she's like a step-mother now, and where they will be when they visit him. Summer is coming and they live with him one full week at a time (the younger boy at least). But he's not talking much, not even during their counseling sessions. The older kid is mad and angry.

Well that's a fairly committed move of hers isn't it?

Would indicate to me that their relationship is serious and long-term, no?

Do you talk to your ex - are you able to tell him that the kids are confused and uncertain about this situation and need some reassurance from him, specifically about this lady of his?

EDIT: take to PM if you like G.
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 04-07-2010 at 04:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

He's averse to communication, with me at least. I just hope the counseling (some is joint with the kids) can help them. Kids should be able to look forward to summer and time with their dad. He's had girl friends before that live with him off and on, this time it's more serious.

Ocean just calls me 2nd Dad, but they've both been slipping and just call me dad more often. Likely cause we keep saying it around the baby.

We've moved twice since living together. Kids never seemed confused, curious to the point of hairpulling annoying, but not confused at a level that appeared to be having a negative effect.

-----
    Today is humpday, which usually isn't an issue since I take Thursday off, but this week is screwed up. I had Sunday off instead, and my vacation time starts Saturday, so I'm working a regular old Mon-Fri. Its really got my groove off track.

Your kids are pretty young, OG. That's good they're not confused, they might be if there was a new person every couple of years. His last flame left her cat behind. They stopped asking when she was coming back for him, and just adopted him as theirs.

First week of April and it's already 90 degrees and humid. Tree pollen is driving me nuts, the cats are super-shedding. Never had to shut the windows and turn the A/C on this early. Dammit.

When I started the car this morning, a huge cloud of pollen blew into my face via the A/C. Gross.

The trees are emitting pollen, causing my black shoes to become green.
    Your search had no results.

I wish our pollen was green My green car has turned yello

Latest episode of Bönes was kinda
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

You should use this time to catch up on Lost. It will turn that frown upside down.

What time?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Steal some.

This is because of you isn't it

You did some sick Georgia Voudoun and now I wake up at 2 am because you really, really want me to watch Lost

Well I'm not caving!

I'm not!

oh god there's spiders in the walls

You know the spiders will go away if you just do what I say.

Watch. Enjoy.

Namaste.

Watching Clash of the Titans I had to sit next to a gorgeous mediterrenean guy. It was very very distracting, especially since the movie wasn't too interesting to start with.
    Congratulations America

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    I hate it when I spend three hours debugging code that was working perfectly.
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

thesbians

high school thesbians

Dramatic kids or actual drama kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Wow, so that means even less competition than you guys already have?
    Congratulations America