Page 5 of 189 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    You drive a BMW?

Say it aint so!

Do you have a picture of it so I can be properly disgusted by it?
    My last car, 330Ci M Sport convertible (E46)

Current car 525i SE (E60) (only have this crappy pic available at work)

Last edited by Timbuk2; 02-04-2010 at 11:00 AM.

Peeeejuke!

Would make a fine addiction to the rearviewmirror roadrage game.

Well, at least it's not an Audi
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Aye.

Am an active member of a UK BMW forum. We're well used to being the brunt of all the jokes ...

They are fine driving cars though. It is my one frivolous expense. I cover a lot of commuting miles in a year, and I love driving, so am bloody well going to enjoy my time behind the wheel.

But yeh the jokes and abuse seem to be shifting over to Audi drivers now. I've had an Audi in the past too.

Stereotyping gets no one anywhere though innit. You get cocks in all types of cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    You get cocks in all types of cars.
    But cocks in nice cars taste better than cocks in POS cars.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

I've been torn between the BMW 3 Series (Coupe) and the Mercedes C Class (Coupe), unfortunately for the BMW i was put off when i read a forum regarding issues with - i believe it's this but don't quote me - the manifold etc etc. When i saw how much some of them were paying even though it's a design error i thought it wasn't worth it in the end. Plus i drove a C Class and fell in love almost straight away. It is, however, such a shame that i haven't got a pay rise so i can't get the CLC Class instead, that front end looks beautiful.

I've had an Audi in the past too.
    You're not even trying to be on my good side

Hurtz!
    Stereotyping gets no one anywhere though innit.
    Some one got close to getting all of Europe with it.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    I've been torn between the BMW 3 Series (Coupe) and the Mercedes C Class (Coupe), unfortunately for the BMW i was put off when i read a forum regarding issues with - i believe it's this but don't quote me - the manifold etc etc. When i saw how much some of them were paying even though it's a design error i thought it wasn't worth it in the end. Plus i drove a C Class and fell in love almost straight away. It is, however, such a shame that i haven't got a pay rise so i can't get the CLC Class instead, that front end looks beautiful.
    The problems you refer to affect older E46 diesel units, pre 2003. Blown turbos on those are a regular feature on the forums.

BMW's older petrol units however will run trouble-free for the life of the car, particularly the six-pots which have an award-winning reputation for reliability.

The new E92 coupés are fabulous, next on my shopping list later this year/early next when my 5er is swapped in. I've test-driven 2 so far.

~

The new C Class mercs are very pretty cars though - I agree. Lovely front-end.

Mercedes seem to have cleared up much of the dreadful reliablity and servicing issues and wishy-washy handling of their cars that affected them in the late nineties and 00s, which had brought their customer satisfaction ratings right down alongside the likes of Peugeot and Citroen.

The cost-cutting that Mercedes implemented throughout its divisions after its disastrous ventures with Chrysler did it untold damage that they are only just recovering from, repuational-wise and design-quality-wise.

So long as you can put up with the dreadful foot-operated parking brake that Mercedes still insist on, they are much better cars to drive and much more reliable to boot.

~

So yep the dilemma you're talking about is being dallied over by many who want a coupé, the new C Class or the new 3 series (E92).
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 02-04-2010 at 01:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Some one got close to getting all of Europe with it.
    Fekkin' Jews! They're all the same.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    The CC Dream Theatre had a brief but eventful run

I miss romantic hand-holding and cuddling and kissing, too.

The problems you refer to affect older E46 diesel units, pre 2003. Blown turbos on those are a regular feature on the forums.

BMW's older petrol units however will run trouble-free for the life of the car, particularly the six-pots which have an award-winning reputation for reliability.

The new E92 coupés are fabulous, next on my shopping list later this year/early next when my 5er is swapped in. I've test-driven 2 so far.
    If i were to shop for a 3 Series coupe which would have the better reliability, what years should i look at? Remember i want a diesel (want to keep MPG up and Road Tax down!)??

The new C Class mercs are very pretty cars though - I agree. Lovely front-end.

How you can't love that i have no idea! The price tag for used (i wouldn't ever get new) is around £17/18k mark. Such a shame!

So long as you can put up with the dreadful foot-operated parking brake that Mercedes still insist on, they are much better cars to drive and much more reliable to boot.
    I actually don't mind the foot operated parking brake, it baffled me to begin with but i'm quite prepared to over look it .

So yep the dilemma you're talking about is being dallied over by many who want a coupé, the new C Class or the new 3 series (E92).
    I was looking at the Alfa GT but stopped as, well, you know why! Hyundai Coupes are beautiful looking cars but are a let down on 1) Tax and 2) Performance. I was going to dabble in a 5 doors but i just can't. Love coupes to much.

You guys sound like a car thread is in order
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

I'd like one but don't think it'd get much traffic.

Off the top of my head, Lor, OG and myself are the only ones with enough interest in cars to waffle on about them.

~

Quite a bit more interest in F1 when the season starts up again, where the likes of you and Spawnster and a few others chime in with posts.

Make one, you can then answer my question about 3 series coupe and allow us to further expand on the subject. I'm all for one!

Also having lurkers in mind who might not find the talk about cars in this thread but might decide they would want to join a specific thread.

Then again, you might very well be right and the thread would dry out in a day. Still, no harm done, right? Always could revive it when there's a new model or concept car that catches your eye
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Okidokes, will do chaps.

Will create one in a few hours when I get home cos there's a quite a bit I'll put in there.

I'll make a general cars plus motorsport sort of thread to cover F1, Nascar, Indycar, Rally, bikes etc plus ordinary production cars sorta thing.

EDIT: Thread drift innit; groove no longer messed with!

3 hours of training on a half broken, half incomplete system...all so the library system can be the county's one stop customer service center

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    3 hours of training on a half broken, half incomplete system...all so the library system can be the county's one stop customer service center
    Do you do customer service for my bank, too? Since I think you actually understand English that would be very helpful.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

µTorrent asking if I wanted to install the Ask toolbar during the 2.0 upgrade. I thought you were different µTorrent, I thought you were different...
    . . .

Sleeping for 13 hours is great, just not when it's a function of sickness.

Fucking hair loss.

Hate it!

I've receded to the point that my forehead is now a fivehead.

Fucking getting to the point of Billy Zane:

Before:

After:

And I never had his goddamn looks to begin with. Or a gorgeous brunette hanging off my arm!

GAH.

:rant:

EDIT and WHERE has the farkin rant smiley gone ?!?!?oneeleventyone1!

I was happy about my daughter going to college until I remembered who had to pay for it. The joy never lasts, the misery never fades.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

I did something to my right shoulder. I have not a clue what, but I wish I hadn't done it, whatever it was! Hurts like a big fucking dog, and even my strong pain meds aren't touching it!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Fucking hair loss.

Hate it!

I've receded to the point that my forehead is now a fivehead.

EDIT and WHERE has the farkin rant smiley gone ?!?!?oneeleventyone1!
    Shave it all off. That's what I plan to do if I start balding by middle age. The remaining hair just become a liability, imo.
    Your search had no results.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    µTorrent asking if I wanted to install the Ask toolbar during the 2.0 upgrade. I thought you were different µTorrent, I thought you were different...
    Heh, I recently installed Trillian and the free version asks the same thing as well. Moronically, I clicked on "Continue" before removing the checkbox.

Turns out, the Ask toolbar cannot be installed on Windows 7 x64 due to incompatibilies.

Phew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattu View Post
    Shave it all off. That's what I plan to do if I start balding by middle age. The remaining hair just become a liability, imo.
    I've got the hair from my great-grandfather. Who had hair until he was ninety (further hair loss data collection was prevented by end of life, sadly). Though my temple hair is now 30% white.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

I got a letter from a friend at another university today. Unfortunately, it was just the envelope. The letter itself must have fallen out.

I am so sad.

TicketMaster needs to learn basic math.

4 tickets at $15 each should cost ~$60.
    4 tickets advertised at $15 each should not cost $96.70.
    Buying tickets within 30 seconds of them going on sale should not put me on the 2nd level, tickets for the lower level should not end up on ticketmasters own ticket reseller website at that same time for a 200% mark up.

Fucking ticketmaster, I can't wait till their business practices get put under some sort of proconsumer guidelines.

I'm the only one posting tonight.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Obviously not, unless you consider me a nobody!

But that would be fine, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattu View Post
    Obviously not, unless you consider me a nobody!

But that would be fine, too.
    You're not Nobody.

Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Got woken up by Jehova's Witnesses at the door - again.