Page 50 of 189 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 5648

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Yes, but what if you both lose your jobs at the same time and can't find new ones ever. Won't you regret having furniture instead of living like a squatter then?
    I'm guessing you're joking? If not: No, not at all.

If we both lose our jobs at the same time and can't find new ones ever ... we're fucked anyway. Not having anywhere comfortable to sit, anywhere comfortable to sleep and not having anywhere to hang my clothes won't pay the mortgage if I become unemployed for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post

If we both lose our jobs at the same time and can't find new ones ever ... we're fucked anyway. Not having anywhere comfortable to sit, anywhere comfortable to sleep and not having anywhere to hang my clothes won't pay the mortgage if I become unemployed for too long.
    See ? And then you'll regret having gotten used to comfortable sleeping.
    Congratulations America

That was kind of my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    See ? And then you'll regret having gotten used to comfortable sleeping.
    Should they just buy a tent and live by pitching it in strangers yards?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

If they're gonna be homeless anyway.
    Congratulations America

Can't he sell all the furnishings bit by bit at flea markets to earn money to pay for his off-brand cereal and day-old bread, though?

Can't he sell all the furnishings bit by bit at flea markets to earn money to pay for his off-brand cereal and day-old bread, though?
    And where would he store it in the meanwhile ?
    Congratulations America

If they're gonna be homeless anyway.
    I have no intention to be homeless but if I ever am having been used to having a bed (which I've had since I was born) is not something that bugs me.

What difference does it make if people had furniture that didn't match but couldn't pay their mortgage.
    For the folks who have to short sell or foreclose? I'd imagine having thousands of dollars in savings as a cushion might have made a big difference. Get it, cushion?

And where would he store it in the meanwhile ?
    Okay, so he could sell it all at once and then buy his cereal and moldy bread.

Since we've learned tonight he's destined for poverty and shouldn't have bought (moderately priced) furnishings anyway, maybe he should get rid of the new wheels, too.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    For the folks who have to short sell or foreclose? I'd imagine having thousands of dollars in savings as a cushion might have made a big difference. Get it, cushion?
    As if the option is furniture or savings for people who've lost their home

Since we've learned tonight he's destined for poverty and shouldn't have bought (moderately priced) furnishings anyway, maybe he should get rid of the new wheels, too.
    Actually I think the lesson is since I'm doomed to fail, I shouldn't have bought the house itself in the first place.

Actually I think the lesson is since I'm doomed to fail, I shouldn't have bought the house itself in the first place.
    I'm sure you're right.

Fucking ne'er-do-well. Will you be moving to a council estate now?

Hmmm.. with the house gone they could sleep in the car.
    Congratulations America

I'm sure you're right.

Fucking ne'er-do-well. Will you be moving to a council estate now?
    I'm not sure that goes far enough. Since I'm destined to fail, lose my job and lose everything I ever worked for anyway, why not just quit my job now and give up entirely? I can just start getting used to how I'm inevitably going to live.

I think that is probably the best plan for you. I'm really sorry it came to this. I had such high hopes, but should have realized how unrealistic they were once I knew how irresponsible you are.

Yay, squalor!
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Hmmmm.

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    I don't have five bucks, and Battlefront 2 is on sale on Steam.
    I enjoy blank walls.

Forty-four million people in the United States, or one in seven residents, lived in poverty in 2009, an increase of 4 million from the year before, the Census Bureau reported on Thursday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/17/us...erty.html?_r=1

Quote Originally Posted by Rtoups View Post
    Not looking forward to 4 hours of Chemistry Lab...
    Weirdo.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Not really messing with my groove, but.....earlier today I was in a parking lot next to a van with kayaks on top, and it had signs on both sides and the back that said, "White water tours, kayaking, boating, tubeing....." The driver and I were in line at the same store and exchanged some friendly pleasantries. Was kind of funny to go out to our cars and they were next to each other, so I said, "Did you know you spelled tubing wrong?" He had a mouthful of egg salad by then but he said HUH? Repeated....and he said "Are you sure?" I said yes, I'm sure, there's no E in Tubing. He said I was the first person to tell him that, and he'd been driving that van around for a couple of years that way.

lol GGT, years ago we used to have a yearly family reunion! Someone, very possibly intoxicated at the time, made a cloth banner that said "****** Family Renuion"! I was 12 years old when I pointed this out to my Mom! As far as I know, someone in the family still has that silly thing. It was just family tradition after it was noticed!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

What messes with my groove is the combination of me not being able to create emotional distance to an ex and him not keeping actual distance with 'friends' who think I need to hear about whatever dating he does. Every time when the grapevine works again I feel sick to my stomach.
    Congratulations America

What messes with my groove is the combination of me not being able to create emotional distance to an ex and him not keeping actual distance with 'friends' who think I need to hear about whatever dating he does. Every time when the grapevine works again I feel sick to my stomach.
    Didn't you post something earlier elsewhere about having sex with some guy several times, and even chatted with him on messengers, but you didn't know his name?

Forty-four million people in the United States, or one in seven residents, lived in poverty in 2009, an increase of 4 million from the year before, the Census Bureau reported on Thursday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/17/us...erty.html?_r=1

Strange, I thought a few other Americans would have agreed this is some messed up stuff for a rich nation like the US. Kinda messed up my groove even more.

Megathreads often don't have much discussion
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Yeah, I know. Neither do threads about global food, food security, poverty, income disparity, or social justice. Those threads die before they even become mega.

Didn't you post something earlier elsewhere about having sex with some guy several times, and even chatted with him on messengers, but you didn't know his name?
    Yeah the two are strangely connected. The reason why I do that kind of thing is that if I emotionally get involved I am incapable of detaching myself from the object of my love. I never broke up with anybody in my life and even after they break up with me, I find myself in denial. I don't go chasing people around or stalk them, neither in real life or offline, but emotionally I don't use the word 'ex' for them at all. Having sex with people who I don't get too close to is very safe if you're like that.
    Congratulations America

My entire phone situation is messed up. My pbx doesn't work, calls are not connected and I have no idea where the problem originates. With my online pbx or with the Voip provider.
    Congratulations America

Saw one of the most disgusting things ever in my life today. Horrible, horrible image and I just can't get it out of my head. Out for a nice meal with my family and I've totally lost my appetite. Keep re-seeing this in my head and feeling like I'll throw up.

Well what was it?