Page 54 of 189 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 5648

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Isn't it still under warranty? I think that's generally at least 3 years, so if it's 2/3 years old you might get it fixed for free. Otherwise you could try it like that, but I doubt you'll have luck.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Isn't it still under warranty? I think that's generally at least 3 years, so if it's 2/3 years old you might get it fixed for free. Otherwise you could try it like that, but I doubt you'll have luck.
    The laptop is around 3 years old i believe, not sure on the warranty. I've been reading some info on the Sale of Goods act, apparently my statutory rights give me six years from the date of purchase to make a claim and are in addition to any warranty that came with the laptop. There is more jargon to read so i'm sure there will be a spanner in the works .

My laptop of 5 years (which I haven't used in a year) decided that it wasn't going to turn on today (looks like motherboard decided to go back retire), when I need it for a class. Thank you laptop.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Perhaps you should play with your toys more often to prevent them withering away and dying due to disuse.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    Perhaps you should play with your toys more often to prevent them withering away and dying due to disuse.
    Given that the laptop is 5 years old it would most likely withered and died regardless of use.
    Such is Life...

I always use my desktop. I hate laptops. Only got that one because I couldn't bring a desktop to London.

Quote Originally Posted by termite View Post
    Given that the laptop is 5 years old it would most likely withered and died regardless of use.
    Yeah, by the time my old laptop reached 5 years of active use,it had a new network card, fan, DVD drive, touchpad, display and video card,and a new adapter (I must admit I wasn't always exactly careful with it, either). Good thing I had an excellent service and warranty deal.

Prefer desktops too. Always have one at home.

They give out laptops at work though, and they're damn useful for workin from different sites and from home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Stink Bugs! Our weather has been so strange, hot then cold, dry then wet.....these damn bugs are bugging the crap outta me! I read they've been a nuisance on the whole east coast. (Maybe I should be glad they're not Bed Bugs.) These things stink when crushed or irritated, but at least they're visible and don't bite. I thought they'd drown in the toilet water, but they don't. They can swim and fly out!

Just spent 4 consecutive hours grading tests, and still have work to do for tomorrow. Not fun.

This thread made me realise how wasteful I am when it comes to computers and gadgets. It hardly ever occurs to me to have them repaired; when something starts acting up or breaks down I replace it. Only if something didn't work right from the beginning will I go back to the people who sold it to me.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Just spent 4 consecutive hours grading tests, and still have work to do for tomorrow. Not fun.
    Poor baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I did a 14-hour day yesterday
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    I did a 14-hour day yesterday
    But you don't have a soul. I'd actually prefer 14 days of work to 4 hours of grading. The latter is ridiculously monotonous and depressing.

I just booked a ticket with Ryanair for a friend. Managed to make a typo in his name and have no idea if they'll be willing to fix that for free or that they will want the full 'name-change' fee of 100 pounds. And their call center is closed after office hours so I don't know how to fix it untill monday.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I just booked a ticket with Ryanair for a friend. Managed to make a typo in his name and have no idea if they'll be willing to fix that for free or that they will want the full 'name-change' fee of 100 pounds. And their call center is closed after office hours so I don't know how to fix it untill monday.
    I once had it fixed for free with ryanair, but that was well in advance and a couple of years ago. good luck!

Being perhaps the only Google service I use while away from the computer, 1-800-GOOG-411 is being shut down next month

Saw a guy (white, barely 20, in a dirty hoodie) try and make off from the shop with a 12-pack of beer and some ciggies. Without paying, I mean. The security guard actually jogged through the store so he could pin the guy down. Exciting, in calm Fin-land!

Too bad the security guard doesn't have a license to just shoot these kind of low-lives in the back of the neck right then and there, though How can our sense of punishment be rewarded without seeing these heinous enemies of the state rectified for their mistakes? If they dare presume themselves superior to the state of Fin-land, surely they should meet with an imminent and visible demise Vengeance is an integral part of any shopping trip!
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

So what you're saying is that this security guard did not chase down the criminal, tackle him, and then beat him like a Frank Miller comic book antihero would beat a serial-rapist, then go on to become a national hero? What liberal bullshit is this?
    . . .

I know, right? He made others suffer, financially, so it's only right that he gets to suffer, real proper-like, sodomy here and beatings there, it's all good son. That way we can say that killing people is a just form of punishment; at least that way it ain't cruel nor unusual that they're put down like dogs, because that's far less painful than having them beaten and raped for 40 years. It all works out. Goddamn criminals.

Messes with my groove that no one seems actively posting today, especially after a post like yours, Nessie!

My victim thread is just sitting there.....waiting on armchair philosophers to chime in. Or brave souls who wanna wander into that ether cloud of conversation. Not even one poster telling me how crazy I sound today? Where are the misanthropes and contrarians when needed? All the young hippies must be out making love not war, or clover necklaces, or something.

buh....

A friend of mine in Istanbul mentioned once he thought his sex-life was problematic. We didn't really talk about it further after that. Today we were chatting (texting actually) and he told me that he was planning to find professional help for it. He told me he had sex with 25 people this week alone. I was aware of him being very active in the field. But when he came up with that number I was really shocked.
    Congratulations America

A friend of mine in Istanbul mentioned once he thought his sex-life was problematic. We didn't really talk about it further after that. Today we were chatting (texting actually) and he told me that he was planning to find professional help for it. He told me he had sex with 25 people this week alone. I was aware of him being very active in the field. But when he came up with that number I was really shocked.
    That's quite a few for one week - he's not a pro, is he?

What's the magic number?

You mean like in the 'entertainment business' ? No, he's a professional diver. He's a bit shy, in his late twenties, and in tip top shape. I'm not surprised that people want sex with him, but I am shocked that he did it with so many people in one week. And it wasn't even an unusual number according to what he tells me.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    What's the magic number?
    Why should there be a magic number?
    You mean like in the 'entertainment business' ? No, he's a professional diver. He's a bit shy, in his late twenties, and in tip top shape. I'm not surprised that people want sex with him, but I am shocked that he did it with so many people in one week. And it wasn't even an unusual number according to what he tells me.
    Yeah, "entertainment business" was what I meant.

I do find it an unusual number - I mean, that's averaging more than 3 a day. I can see why you'd be shocked.

Why should there be a magic number?

Yeah, "entertainment business" was what I meant.

I do find it an unusual number - I mean, that's averaging more than 3 a day. I can see why you'd be shocked.
    You admit it's an unusual number. More than 3 partners a day shocks you. Would one partner a day shock you, too? Is there a magic number where you wouldn't be shocked? Just asking....since this seems to be a numbers game.

Come on, we're talking about over a thousand people a year. That is a huge number by anybody's standard.
    Congratulations America

Come on, we're talking about over a thousand people a year. That is a huge number by anybody's standard.
    Only if he's had 3 partners a day for a whole year. Is that what he said or what you assumed? Would it be the same thing if he had sex TID with the same partner? Again, is this a numbers game or what?

We are talking about a consistent behavioural pattern yes. So 25 sex-partners a week is normal for him. We are not speaking about having sex 25 times with the same person, which also would be out of the ordinary but about one-off sexual encounters with 25 separate people. It is not a numbers game, no matter how much you like to make it that.
    Congratulations America