Page 55 of 189 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 5648

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Then tell me what this is about. His consistent behavioral pattern, where 25 sex partners is "normal" for him?

How is this NOT about numbers?

In case you don't know what I mean.....if he'd said he has a new partner every month, or each week, or every three days, would he (or you) think that's abnormal? There must be a "magic number" in the promiscuous community, for when numbers of sex partners is considered "abnormal". But I don't know what that number is. It's probably different for each person. So I'm curious. What number of partners considered abnormal?
    Last edited by GGT; 10-10-2010 at 02:40 AM.

It's a royal pain in the ass to make sure you have no egg-laying spots available for fruit flies.

I've managed to keep the infestation extremely minimalized - I mean, the most I have seen at any one time is 10 - but since they aren't gone yet I am obviously still missing something. Maybe we're just letting them into the house somewhere or something.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

lolli, fruit flies come from inside your produce. The larvae are in there already, it's not something you "attract" or let into your house.

Uh, Geegee, I'm not a fucking idiot or a child. I know where fruit flies come from, I also know that the easiest way to keep an infestation from going overboard is to not keep anyplace for them to lay their eggs in their house, and to keep your produce in the refrigerator. I am doing both of these things, therefore my problem is minimal. I will keep it that way.

I wasn't looking for your advice, or a discussion about fruit flies. I was bitching, because there are currently about 10 of them in my kitchen. This is the bitch and moan thread. If I wanted fruit-fly death advice, I would make a fruit-fly advice thread, or at the very least make my whining "I don't know what to do about my fruit fly problem."

Well excuuuuuse me! I didn't call you any names or suggest you were an idiot. Unless you're composting in your kitchen, I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out that 10 fruit flies is no big deal, and not an infestation. As you said, your problem is minimal. But by all means, bitch away. Just don't bitch at me for responding to your whining.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Then tell me what this is about. His consistent behavioral pattern, where 25 sex partners is "normal" for him?

How is this NOT about numbers?

In case you don't know what I mean.....if he'd said he has a new partner every month, or each week, or every three days, would he (or you) think that's abnormal? There must be a "magic number" in the promiscuous community, for when numbers of sex partners is considered "abnormal". But I don't know what that number is. It's probably different for each person. So I'm curious. What number of partners considered abnormal?
    You don't understand that there is no way you could categorise these numbers as 'normal' for anybody but a busy prostitute?
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    You don't understand that there is no way you could categorise these numbers as 'normal' for anybody but a busy prostitute?
    Many prostitutes have less sex partners than that, per day or per week or per month. But they are still prostitutes! I'm asking what the "magical number" for sex partners is, or how "normal" is categorized.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Many prostitutes have less sex partners than that, per day or per week or per month. But they are still prostitutes! I'm asking what the "magical number" for sex partners is, or how "normal" is categorized.
    You are just being stupid again. There is no way a normal person can not see the difference between having a sex-life and sex being an impediment for a normal life.
    Congratulations America

I'm not speaking gibberish. You know exactly what this means. It really IS about numbers.

So....when does the number of sex partners appear to be normal, vs pathological or dysfunctional? What number, exactly, goes from being promiscuously open-minded about sexuality, and turns into being a slut, or then into being a sex addict? Everyone probably has a number in their head. And it's probably all over the map. So who gets to decide (or how) when it's abnormal?

Up at 4:45am on a sunday after a semi-drunken night drinking cocktails in wimbledon, to do health checks on front-end applications after mainframe reboots.

Guuuuuhhhh.

I can't stop blinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    You are just being stupid again. There is no way a normal person can not see the difference between having a sex-life and sex being an impediment for a normal life.
    I'm not stupid, let alone stupid again. I'm sure you think it's perfectly normal to fly between countries, to carry out your dual lives. One of which is your work life, the other that's your playful life, and more sexual. That's your normal. It wouldn't be MY normal, and it sounds a bit bizarre to me, but I wouldn't call you stupid, let alone abnormal. So do us all a favor and stop with the name-calling.

Everyone has a "number" in their head, for when sex partners turns from normal and becomes abnormal. You'd probably call me a prude for my number, or I may think you're a slut for yours. It's an interesting concept, the "proper number" we all have in our heads. How did we come up with this number?

There is no question about proper or not. There is a question of being so obsessed by sex that your only activity is either looking for it or doing it.
    Congratulations America

GGT, are you just trolling here?
    Hope is the denial of reality

So I just opened the front door to let the kitties in, and dear sweet Stripes came running in with a field mouse. I yelled at him, he dropped it, and promptly recaught it. So I picked him up, and he dropped it again. I tried to chase him out the front door, and he ran to the basement - and dropped it again - and this time there was a lack of recatching.

I'm not very happy at all right now.

Aw, kitty made a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Aw, kitty made a friend.
    Is that what we call our snacks now?

I found a little gutted and beheaded mouse corpse on the basement floor this morning. I'm not sure if this is supposed to make them easier for me to prepare for a meal or if it's just because he gets additional jollies from slicing and dicing even though as far as I can tell he finds the flavor of mouse unacceptable.

It isn't a gift.

It's a warning
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Should I run away and never look back?

I've got to make a presentation to my MD and and line managers next week .... I've yet to finish it and i'm really not looking forward to it.

My boss just called, the first batch of production is cancelled for tonight, so I only have to come in around 3 AM. So I get paid 4 hours less, but still have to stay up until 7 AM
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Smart babies are fun to play with, a bitch to keep safe

Lately when we go to get Scarlett out of her crib, we have been finding her blanket and pillow piled up in the corner of the crib. Didn't think much of it, she must have been playing, we said.
    While we were working on the laundry this morning we figured what she has been attempting. She uses the stuff as a step stool, she piled up a few pillows and pants this morning so she could climb onto the top of her Little Tykes table. There was nothing up there, and nothing around it. She just wanted to do it.

Scarlett knows how to climb, and she is really freaking good at it

What's messing with my groove?! You want to know whats messing with my groove?! Having come to the conclusion that I am going to need to buy a new computer before tax time. These damn library pieces of crap are making me a bit homicidal right now. Wouldn't be so bad, but the the kids in this itty-bitty town are more savvy than those in charge. Savvy, but not responsible or trustworthy, in so much as the computers are often "out-of-order" for one reason or another associated with the machinations of some teenager.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Smart babies are fun to play with, a bitch to keep safe

Lately when we go to get Scarlett out of her crib, we have been finding her blanket and pillow piled up in the corner of the crib. Didn't think much of it, she must have been playing, we said.
    While we were working on the laundry this morning we figured what she has been attempting. She uses the stuff as a step stool, she piled up a few pillows and pants this morning so she could climb onto the top of her Little Tykes table. There was nothing up there, and nothing around it. She just wanted to do it.

Scarlett knows how to climb, and she is really freaking good at it
    I so don't miss those days.

My little girl is teething. This sucks ass. The one bad thing about being home all day with baby is having to see them in pain all day long.

Scarlett still doesn't have any teeth. We thought she would be teething some nights, but nothing has come of it. Freaks people out cause she already refuses baby food. When we all sit down she gets a plate of cut up dinner and sippy cup or a cup with a straw.

Messes with my groove cause I'm tired of waiting!

College essays. Can't they just take it on faith that I'm the kind of guy they'd want? 750 words surely can't do that much...

Quote Originally Posted by NGS View Post
    College essays. Can't they just take it on faith that I'm the kind of guy they'd want? 750 words surely can't do that much...
    I think the point of those essays is to make sure you're not an idiot. You can't imagine how many people (including those in college) are incapable of putting coherent thoughts on a piece of paper.
    Hope is the denial of reality

The motor on my fucking juicer just committed suicide.

Oh well, at least I don't have to clean it to throw it in the fucking garbage bin.

My insurance has been through GMAC since I bought my Saturn 3 years ago. Got my latest bill and figured it was a little high. So I went to the local insurance broker to see what he could find.
    Found me a policy that was $150 less than what GMAC wanted as a renewal.

New insurance provider?
    GMAC!

fucking assholes.

Shop computer hard drive failure.