Page 6 of 189 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Got woken up by Jehova's Witnesses at the door - again.
    Good, you should have been in church anyway on this day of the Lord.
    Congratulations America

My bro has a homework - prepare for a group assignment/debate thing. Topic - various theories about origins of life. His group is supposed to defend creationism.
    Apart from that being a retarded task to begin with, how does one defend it even? Are there any other (less pathetic) ways than that old tornado building a Boeing analogy, and banana fitting the palm perfectly thing?

Weird. I've never in my life had witnesses come to my door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

There should be law legalizing the shooting of anyone who wakes you for such a thing.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Trying to put a bedskirt on a king bed, and flip the mattress while I'm at it, by myself. Not working out too well but the cats are quite intrigued by this new 'game'.

You wrestling a king-size mattress summons an amusing mental picture. Especially with the cats just watching, intently, as it kicks your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by BalticSailor View Post
    My bro has a homework - prepare for a group assignment/debate thing. Topic - various theories about origins of life. His group is supposed to defend creationism.
    Apart from that being a retarded task to begin with, how does one defend it even? Are there any other (less pathetic) ways than that old tornado building a Boeing analogy, and banana fitting the palm perfectly thing?
    If it is for a debate class walk in with a prepared statement that he is unable to defend Creationism as its only arguments are based entirely on fallacies and assumptions, and that he is prepared to defend that statement.

I do not guarantee a decent grade being given though...

Also...whats messing with my groove? New wireless networks in the area. I'm now up to 15 competing networks and because 90% of these morons can't or won't do anything other than change the password and name of the router, I now have intermittent wireless, and therefore internet access due to being crowded out...

Makes me want to use my tomato router as the main source of wifi for my house, install some hi-gain antennas and set the thing to broadcast on one of the channels they can't even pick with their standard firmware...
    . . .

I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm really not taking advantage of the day.

What type of class is it? I remember one of my first year college classes covering the watchmaker analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    What type of class is it? I remember one of my first year college classes covering the watchmaker analogy.
    Biology. 10th grade.

That a high school Biology class attempts to defend creationism is absurd. How is that allowed?

I don't know. I was in 10th grade 6 years ago, which isn't exactly what I'd call distant past, but I didn't have to do such crap.

If it's part of Debate, they need to learn how to defend opposing positions and strategy.

If it's also how to write a science paper, or make a credible scientific argument, it's probably to teach them what constitutes "scientific data", and what doesn't.

It's also Latvia. For some odd reason, the Soviet Union wasn't particularly good at purging some superstitions.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Biology. 10th grade.
    Hopefully, the teacher is betting that the scientific theories other students argue for will kick the crap out of whatever the creationist team has to offer. Strange, though.
    Your search had no results.

My money was on the Colts.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

I'm the only one posting here tonight.

What's messing with my groove is that the guy above me just double posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    My money was on the Colts.
    Then you owe me, suckah.

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunner View Post
    Then you owe me, suckah.
    I might be out money but I praise the Saints for that second half kick-off. Absolutely brilliant.

In the group I watched with, only guy was for the colts (it was a small group). He's the only guy who missed that. Changed the whole tempo of the game.

Reading an article by a statistician about causation at 1 AM = not fun.

Where are you that it's 1am at 2:45am?

This weekend, I did some stupid drunken thing that may cost me a good friend, or at least make the friendship a bit awkward.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Sucks Flix.

What did you do? Say something you didn't intend?

Or did you try it on with a female friend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Where are you that it's 1am at 2:45am?

I started at 1 AM and I'm an hour behind you.

JWs used to come by my house 1/ month.... either them or some other Church going group trying to get me to come to their Church or buy their pamphlets, despite the No Tresspassing signs and Beware of Dog signs I had on my 660 feet long driveway (they couldn't miss them).

Getting woken up on a Saturday is not something I like to have happen. My dogs would go crazy barking with someone at the door. I had two very big dogs. A 100 pound Great Dane and a 125 pound Golden Retriever (he sasn't fat, he was just big). On this one fateful day, some Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door, 9am on a Saturday morning. Doorbell rings and my dogs go crazy, ....so I opened up the garage door, and let my dogs go 'investigate' what was at my front door. Imagine two big dogs come barreling up to you as you're knocking on someone's door. After 20 seconds I walked outside, two which I see two adults, one female and one male. Looking like they had fear in their eyes, and the dude has pissed himself. I simply asked them one question, in my best redneck voice "you two fucks know how to read? I've got signs saying beware of the dogs." Grabbed my dogs and walked in.

I'm assuming they were Jehovah's witnesses, because they have never came back to my house.

I remember when the ex-wife and I were looking for a church home and we visited this one church and made the mistake of filling out the visitor card. We got home so she could grab her purse, we weren't home for more then 2 minutes after visiting this church and turned around to go out to eat, and this family blocks us in, in our own driveway with their car.... so they could tell us 'more' about their church. I told the people we were leaving to go eat, and they wouldn't quit talking... finally I told the dude with them that they were either going to move and let us out, or I was going to move him myself... either way we were going to leave. They got the hint and we finally we able to go eat.

And then there was this one Church we went to in Conyers. In the pamphlet they pass out, they had at the bottom, "Please do not get up in the middle of the sermon to use the bathroom out of respect for God and Pastor." I kid you not. This Church went on FOREVER.... I can do an hour of Church, but this one just kept going and going.... 90 minutes into it, I grabbed my wife at the time, and asked if she was ready to sneak out.... she says yes, but when we try to open the door to leave, it's locked. I literally had to use my shoulder and slam the door open to leave. I'm sure the entire congregation watched us as we were leaving... but who cares... don't lock me in fuckers!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Loki loses his sense of humor after midnight, local time.

We've got more snow coming, about 6 inches more on top of the 2 feet already here (more like 3 feet with drifts). My street is all messed up and almost narrowed to one lane, huge piles of snow thrown at the curb are about 5-6 feet tall. Municipal snow plows keep blocking the driveway. I don't know where I'll throw the snow tomorrow, the walls of white are taller than I am. I love snow but this is frustrating

My toilet pan!

Never before have I used a toilet where everything sticks to it! I'm not going to go into too much detail, except that whenever I drop the kids off I end up playing poo jet spray for the rest of the day afterwards, LOL

I mean, the pan is so sticky you could throw a marble in there and it would stick. It's bloody annoying and messing with my groove!
    All those moments lost in time... like tears in the rain

Huge chunks of ice and snow are falling off my roof eaves. The melting is good but I worry about the re-freeze and ice damming. There's still a huge uprooted fir in the backyard, I don't need gutter failure too.