Page 70 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 5648

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Fracking blizzard has gotten my game (Pathfinder RPG) cancelled this week!

Oh well, some of us will DDO it tonight.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

For a while I have been thinking about getting an iPad. The main reason why I didn't have one already is that I really couldn't justify getting one just like that. So I kept putting it off, though I was sort of preparing myself to get one for my next birthday. Today I went to a meeting with one of my nephews, a son of the sister who died 4 weeks ago. He gave me a ride and as we got out of the car he said 'Oh, I've got something for you'. Then he opened the trunk and got out a plastic bag which he then gave to me. Inside the bag was a box with an iPad 16GB 3G in it. Under normal circumstances that would have made me jump for joy. But I knew that this particular iPad hadn't been bought to give to me. It had been given as a present to Marja a couple of weeks before she died.

I've never felt so many conflicted feelings upon getting something.
    Congratulations America

Ouch, Hazir.

I can't bring myself to be happy about no alarm again tomorrow. I want them to go to school, and me to be able to leave here.

We're not in danger of starving or anything, and I can still make chocolate chip cookies to entertain myself, I'm just bored. And I want to shop. Because internet shopping when there is no mail or UPS/Fedex deliveries is kind of sucky. Or should that be suckish?

Hell, the DVD I shipped back to Netflix Saturday still hasn't made it.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

My dad has been sick the last week with what he thought was food poisoning. He hasn't kept anything down in a few days so my mom took him to emergency care. Turns out he has an intestinal blockage.
    They've been at the hospital since 1am after being transferred from the Emergency Care place. He's still in an ER bed off to the side, and the surgeon has yet to come see him. It's 10am now.
    At least they have given him some pain and anti-nausea meds.

I'm stuck here with the baby and my mom has gotten no sleep. Hubby will hopefully be able to get off work soon so I can go up there to relieve my mom (though she probably won't want to leave).

Hope all goes well Cat.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Sorry to hear that, cat. (By the way, how's your grandma doing?)

Apparently there was a bit of spooging from the apple pie a couple of nights ago, started heating the oven to make tonight's pizza and totally smoked up the kitchen. Now I have the hood fan going full speed and the fucking kitchen window open.

Grrrrrr.

Hope your father gets well soon Cat.
    Congratulations America

In 10 minutes time I'll attend a birthday party with a neighbour of mine. The whole idea is ludicrous, as we hardly speak to each other even if we take the same bus, and haven't done so for 3 years already. Yet this "private" party of hers, where I am one of 8 (victims?), seems to be dead set. I could have declined, but at the rush of things I failed to muster forth an excuse. Not that I like making excuses, nor being a slacker who rather sits at home than attending a party. Yet, this will get awkward very fast.
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

My circadian rhythms are all screwed up, I'm up all night, there's nothing but crappy movies and commercials on tv (ExtenZe is just the worst, Sleep Number beds and Hoveround tie for second place), and the forum is dead. yay

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    My circadian rhythms are all screwed up,
    I have no idea really what day it is because my work schedule changes weekly. I can tell from the calendar that today is a Sunday, but it feels like a regular weekday.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I have no idea really what day it is because my work schedule changes weekly. I can tell from the calendar that today is a Sunday, but it feels like a regular weekday.
    Know what you mean. I used to work night shifts so transitioning into days was.....wonky. Never knew what day it was, always felt "off".

No idea how those people in the far north deal with months of darkness or continuous daylight.

It's not like it's pitch dark all day either, and sleeping with faint light is not that difficult if you just pull forth the curtains. Usually you stay up later during the summer though, and sleep a lot during winters.
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

It's frustrating to have kids as a divorced parent.

This was "dad's weekend", but I drove my son and his friends to the movie theater Friday night, and gave him the money for movie and pizza. Dad was "busy".

They all spent the night at a friend's house, within walking distance (two blocks) from his dad's house. I got a call just now, asking to be picked up and brought home so he can get clean clothes and "stuff". He hasn't seen his dad all weekend, and hasn't told him where he is or what he's doing. No texts, no phone calls, nothing.

Apparently, his dad doesn't keep any of his son's clothes (or toiletries) at that house, or even wonder where the boy is on "dad's weekend". I also didn't get a call from the ex wondering where our son was, or what he was doing. They're two blocks away from each other, and he doesn't even know. Or care.

So yeah, hey Loki! Maybe this post will help you hate me even more, for being such a judgmental bitch.

No difference at all between passing judgments on someone you know in person for decades and someone whose posts you read online.
    Last edited by Loki; 01-16-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    Hope is the denial of reality

*cough* You questioned why I was being judgmental in the Chinese Tiger Mother thread. Things we've both only read about. But your horse is higher, huh.

And you still don't see the difference between judging someone based on a lifetime of interactions and a posting online (in this case, a tiny excerpt from a book).
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    And you still don't see the difference between judging someone based on a lifetime of interactions and a posting online (in this case, a tiny excerpt from a book).
    Not really. Both are things we read, things authors choose to write and put in print. You probably "know" me better than Chua, because we have a history of communications (on-line). But you don't "know" either of our real life interactions with spouses, only what you read, only what we share.

It's weird that you'd call me judgmental against the Tiger Mother in a negative sense, and not realize I apply the same criticisms to myself. Many mothers do.

I wonder why even bother with visitations anymore then. If he isn't going to be involved in your son's life, why even continue "dad" weekends?

I feel bad for your son. I'm sure he is probably a bit hurt by it.

Wish there was a way to give your ex a kick in the ass.

2 holidays in a row, 2 different flu strains. basicially bedridden both times.
    CHILDREN FUCKING SUCK

Did you have big plans for MLK-day, then?

Video games, 3 straight days of video games, but its damn hard to concentrate on the TV when you're having coughing fits that result in gagging and a temp thats bouncing between 101 and 103.
    Worst part is that the kids always catch it first, and we take care of them as they complain of dying, and once they get better we get sick! and they still expect royal treatment!

I don't even know how you have time for video games with three kids....

Quote Originally Posted by Catgrrl View Post
    I wonder why even bother with visitations anymore then. If he isn't going to be involved in your son's life, why even continue "dad" weekends?
    It's complicated.

I feel bad for your son. I'm sure he is probably a bit hurt by it.
    He's confused by it all, especially having a step-mother soon.

Wish there was a way to give your ex a kick in the ass.
    It wouldn't matter.

It's complicated.

Fucking ATM ate my fucking cash deposit.

FUCK

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Fucking ATM ate my fucking cash deposit.

FUCK
    Ain't tecknowledgy grate.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

My daughter burned her microwave popcorn. It reeks.

Over the fussing and crying. This kid will be the end of me I know it.

No, no. You'll be fine.

Leave her with your hubby when he gets home and go out for an hour or two on your own. Shop, see a movie by yourself, drink a cup of god-awful coffee at the nearest diner.

You're working at least as hard as he does, you deserve a bit of time away from it all. And you've had to deal with worrying about daddycat this week, too.