Page 71 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 5648

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Or, you could throw the kid into the wall and the coroner would sign if off as natural causes if you cried at him

Your call, really
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

But the kid might not die, just be cabbage-brained.

What then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

You might get some home care then from some kind of social carer.

"Everyone's a winner, baby, that's the truth (That's the truth)"

Quote Originally Posted by Catgrrl View Post
    Over the fussing and crying. This kid will be the end of me I know it.
    Hang in there! Try outdoor stroller rides with that fresh, cool air. Older folks call that "airing out the baby". If she still cries and fusses tell her she's scaring the birds and bunnies away, or something.

I love her, I really do. When she smiles and giggles it's like she's an angel. But her other side, ugh. When she's upset it's a terror. My nerves are shot by the time hubby gets home.

I can only imagine what the toddler years will be like. Hopefully her sense of curiousity will be my saving grace, and I can just keep her busy until she wears herself out.

EDIT: I really should have gone on a walk, it was 55F yesterday. Today only 40F so no go on that.

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Heh. Just wait until the teenage years.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Also be glad it's not twins! I'm telling you now, us twins are mayhem and hardwork.

The teenage years are what I'm worried about. I'm not bragging here, because I know with kids it comes full circle, but... Scarlett was a quiet baby. She was tiny, fragile, but not clingy. How she has turn out so far has blown my mind. Independent to an alarming extreme. Dark hallways and bedrooms don't deter her, she doesn't freak at nap time. She doesn't nag you to hold her, and when she does its so she can reach something she couldn't get to on her own. She does this thing where she flexes her fist, points, and honest to god drags us by the hand when she wants something. We're having to lock up the pantry now because she can stack and climb, and she knows where the good tasting snack food is kept (and she knows this because we held her a few to many times when dealing with those shelves).

Basically, she has us trained, and she knew how to do.

Problem is that she can get a nasty attitude, get very determined, very forceful about stuff. Already caught her once trying to use one of her play chairs to open the door to the play area on the patio. Busted her for that and she tried it again, and again. We took her chair away and she used her barbie van. I already see that all these things that are cute now, its going to bite me in the ass when she thinks she is old enough to be independent.

On the other hand, Brandy watches a little boy, (Mr. B). Serious attachment issues. Will scream for the full 8 hours if he is not being held or fed. He is about Scarlett's age, but because he is so focused on being in your lap, in your arms, his development has been hampered. He isn't even crawling yet. He will chase you up and down the house crying and screaming while pushing himself along on his belly, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with him. His mom finally had enough and asked for help, was told to stop caving to the screaming (NO SHIT!), and that he would eventually break. Mr. B may be the worst child I've ever seen, but its supposed to pass, and when it does he'll understand he didn't win. In the long run, if his mom "gets it", he will understand that the world doesn't spin around him.

With Scarlett, I don't even see the opportunity to lay that out. I come home and she is happy, she is playful. She shows me what she finds, she mirrors what I do. We play, we ate, I put her to bed. And the whole time I never catch that I'm doing it all exactly how she wanted.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 01-20-2011 at 03:21 PM.

She sounds delightful. And delightfully intelligent.

Almost makes me want one of my own. Almost.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    She sounds delightful. And delightfully intelligent.

Almost makes me want one of my own. Almost.
    Indeed, she does sound extremely intelligent. Must be from the mothers side!

However, it still doesn't make me want one. WTF is with you man?

I do get broody from time to time. I oft-times love the idea of little Tim googoo and gaga-ing happily 'pon my living room floor.

But when I consider the reality, I'm not ready/don't want one strongly enough.

And given that I'm 37, living alone, and with a lady who doesn't want kids (why would I want to fuck up my perfectly pleasant existance with one of those?!), the possibility of the fruit of my loins walking along the valleys of this fine earth are diminishing exponentially.

~

Whereas you!
    - are young
    - are soon to be married
    - and are buying property with your betrothed

I rate the prospects of the fountains of your manhood () erupting forth sometime soon as somewhere between 99 and lots.

No chance on a young whipper snapper coming soon, I've made that perfectly clear to the future Wife. With the house to purchase and the wedding to plan eventually .... no kiddies! NO!

She'll wear you down.

Just look at what happened to Gogo.

One minute it's all happiness this and Nigella that, the next it's marriage, kids, and PHOOOM, he disappears into the ether without so much as a 'scuse me, I have a say in my life thankyou.

She's got no chance and she knows this. She already tried to plan my life for me but since realising it will never work, she's admitted defeat.

It messes with my groove that I'm jealous of OG. WTF.

But, I was a quiet baby; so yes, you will be in trouble come the preteen years.

My daughter was angelic. I mean, you could actually see her wings and halo.

She got over it.

Have fun, OG.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

'Bout time. His infomercials were totally creepy.

(seriously, he was what - 96, I don't think it's something to be unhappy or surprised about)

Quote Originally Posted by Crowheart View Post
    Jack LaLanne died.
    He was 96 fucking years old. As far as I know, he spent his whole life being "healthy" and quite fit. He died a spritely old dude, leaving a legacy of fitness, nutrition, whole food "juicing" for generations to come. He was on youtube doing military push-ups just a couple of years ago. What's messing with your groove about that, Crow?

Should I post it in the "happy" thread FFS?

Christ.

Should I post it in the "happy" thread FFS?

Christ.
    Aw, sorry. I see what you mean, though.

Some members had suggested a designated thread just for RIP dignitaries, actors, authors, VIPs, etc. But it didn't take off. Not sure why. Sargent Shriver died recently too, founder of the Peace Corps. But he was also a long-lived old geezer so people didn't say much about his expected/impending death.

Crow, maybe you can start a mega-thread about important people that die?

Forgive my snippiness.
    It caught me off-guard, that things like video games being hard are fine, but a remarkable man like Jack LaLanne dying got the "so what?" treatment.

(Yes, I understand that's not how it was meant...Broke my rule of not responding whilst indignant.)

No, I'm not gonna dress in black and smear ashes on my face or anything, but I was a fan, he did some amazing stuff..so, bummer.

This thread seems fine for stuff like that.

And you shouldn't be encouraging trivial fringe members like me to make threads.
    That path leads to madness.

I think the quality of discussion here would benefit from "fringe members" making threads

This does not include the stupid ones, who are far more voluminous than necessary already
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I agree and am disqualified simultaneously.

Forgive my snippiness.
    It caught me off-guard, that things like video games being hard are fine, but a remarkable man like Jack LaLanne dying got the "so what?" treatment.

(Yes, I understand that's not how it was meant...Broke my rule of not responding whilst indignant.)

No, I'm not gonna dress in black and smear ashes on my face or anything, but I was a fan, he did some amazing stuff..so, bummer.

This thread seems fine for stuff like that.

And you shouldn't be encouraging trivial fringe members like me to make threads.
    That path leads to madness.
    You're not a trivial fringe member, Crow. And you're right to post the death of an icon here. It was crass of me to post from the hip in a ho-hum way like that. I'm sorry.

I agree and am disqualified simultaneously.
    I don't think you've posted dumb stuff

Until today.

Great man? Please.

VOTE FOR MEEEEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    VOTE FOR MEEEEEEEEE
    For man of the year? Or corpse of the century?

I'd also vote for you to be the dogcatcher!

Nooooooooo I'm the fringe member what posts stupid.