Page 75 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 5648

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

In the summer they restrict it because of droughts, but this was just foul. The guys from the power company agreed with me, said it smelled like he was burning plastic. I got particularly ticked off (even more than when I had to pull out my rescue inhaler) when I went out on the back porch to unblock the cat door and saw it was left unattended. I mean, I can't exactly expect other people to accommodate my asthma, but at the very least I'd like to think we could avoid having my house burned down.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

70 homes were completely destroyed by fire and ~40 were damaged not far from where I live last week thanks to some guy deciding to cut a bolt with an angle grinder on a 38C degree day in strong gusty wind conditions. For three days before that on all news and weather stations and on the radio they repeatedly warned of the fire danger!

I know the guy didn't mean to destroy all those homes and affect all those people lives but fuck me a little common sense goes a long way in this world - if the fire danger is High or Extreme (it was Extreme) then ALL ignition sources are banned from use outdoors including tools like angle grinders.

Thankfully no people died but livestock, horses and pets weren't so lucky as people were forced to evacuate immediately or perish.
    Such is Life...

The Farmers here are required to inform the FD when they intend to burn, they don't always and nobody enforces it. No fire truck requirement though. Had a pretty bad one last year, closed down a few miles of highway 50 due to the smoke and fire trucks darting here and there as the wind changed.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

I just spent $150 to get a prescription written for my enzyme pills. AND, the drugstore here doesn't have any in stock, so it will be tomorrow after 2 before I can get it filled. Plus, my blood sugar is way high today. I have already had to take 2 shots. Usually I take one before bed! I suppose it's stress! Oh well, a nap is next on my list, now that I ate the last of the lasagna!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

No freakin water...the well pump won't run. Now I have to refill the toilets with water from the pool just so we can shit. I hope it's just the starter circuit. If it's the pump I have to haul 430' of 1" ABS out to replace the pump again. The worst part is I don't have any way to spool it up so it just gets laid on the ground in the pasture. Since that's not very sanitary I then have to treat the well with chlorine which makes the water taste bad for a week. Not to mention a new pump costs $500.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Alastair should be fine after recovering from his surgery: It went smoothly, no complications. He's still sore and is walking "like John Wayne" now.

He doesn't understand the reference, but the families calling him John Wayne or John at the moment. Could be in happy/film thread but Amanda and I took him out yesterday to see Tangled to cheer him up - great film . Proper classic Disney style rather than Disney+Pixar like I haven't seen since Lion King/Aladdin.

I'm having an operation to fix the bent septum in my nose Never had an operation before, so I'm a little concerned about it.

It'll help me to breathe though, I can't breathe through my nose, and because I have sleep apnoea, I have to use a face mask with my CPAP machine, instead of a nose tube thingy.

So that'll be good I suppose. But being put to sleep sounds like something I won't like
    How do you expect to run with the wolves at night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

- Omar Little

Rand, great news about your brother. I pictured in my mind, a smaller, younger Rand, walking like a bow-legged cowboy! And that made me laugh!

Don't worry too much, Decoy. They knocked me out 6 or 7 times while I was in the hospital, so they could do scopes and such. They also have to knock me out for the MRI that will be scheduled next week, because I am horribly claustrophobic!

I know how you feel about not being able to breath! I broke my nose a few years ago, and wasn't able to breath out of the right side. I just did nothing about it! I didn't want to deal with having surgery, at that time. This winter I fell flat on my face (faceplant anyone?) and broke my nose again. I must have broke it "back" because now I can breath thru both sides! But I certainly wouldn't recommend that kind of fix for anyone. It hurt like hell!

I am soooo tired of winter. OMG, all the ice and snow and cold and wind. I had to walk 1/2 block to find a place I could cross the street, only to get to the other side and have to walk that 1/2 block back to get onto that side of the street! Yes, I know Wyoming has been luckier than many parts of the country, but we are still cold and yucky!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Borders is going to file for Chapter 11 next week. Not suprising, but I'm going to miss the change of pace the place provided if they aren't able to pull through.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

We can't find pokemon valentine cards.

Perhaps I should have started earlier. I much prefer what her class is doing - it involves large quantities of chocolate and sugar, but no stupid little paper cards.

Vault appears to be disappearing from store shelves. This is like Surge all over again!

Perhaps it went to the same place that the pokemon valentine cards did.

Seriously. There's a new pokemon game out in 3 weeks, so its not like it's some weird throwback that my kids are into and is long gone. I mean, hell, we saw Hello Kitty valentine cards, even. So why the hell didn't one of the 8 different stores we have been to today have any?

My boy is unhappy.

Time to increase the amounts of soma you slip into his breakfast.

I actually saw Super Mario Valentine cards at the supermarket and laughed, because they looked similar to ones I remember from grade school. But haven't seen Pokemon...hmm...do you have a Toys R Us nearby? They might carry them....

I hate it when I just don't quite feel right. Something is wrong, but I can't pinpoint it. I am flat out exhausted, even tho I actually got a good nights sleep last night, I have floaties in my eyes, (kind of like after a flash from a camera goes off) and I am so weak I can barely function. Dammit! I do not want to have to go to the doctor again right now!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Mom gave the kids valentines day baskets, while we were home.
    Brent's basket included stink bomb bags.

Brent hadn't experienced a stink bomb before...
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

My damned blood glucose has been all over the map today. This afternoon it was down to 45, now tonight it's up to almost 200. I wish it would just pick a happy medium and stay there!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Borders is going to file for Chapter 11 next week. Not suprising, but I'm going to miss the change of pace the place provided if they aren't able to pull through.
    Borders opened up in Warrington a few years ago, then the chain went bankrupt and closed down across the entire UK a year later. The shop is still there now, the units not been re-let and it even still has the branding etc up 2 years after it closed down now.

Sign o' the times.

People purchasing books through online retailers, or buying them in electronic form. Waterstones are struggling.

Same goes for music stores; people downloading tunes or buying CDs online; HMV having to shut down a swathe of stores and are struggling to survive on the high street.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Sign o' the times.

People purchasing books through online retailers, or buying them in electronic form. Waterstones are struggling.

Same goes for music stores; people downloading tunes or buying CDs online; HMV having to shut down a swathe of stores and are struggling to survive on the high street.
    It's not just the distributer of the products either, printers are having a tough time as print runs are decreasing due to things such as e-books. It's an extremely competitive market at the moment, with very demanding publishers who want the earth but won't pay for it!

Well, to be fair, Barnes and Noble is a way better bookstore to go into than Borders here. It's unsurprising that people aren't going to want to shop at a store with poor selection - I don't see why Borders has kept the Waldenbooks stores open in malls, either.

Well, it looks like my laptop is one of those containing the recalled Intel chipsets in it. Great. I get a feeling I'm going to end up without my laptop for several weeks. And it's not a good thing at all considering I really really need to have this to do my assignments.

I called the doctor's office yesterday to get a written prescription for a medication that I get thru the drug company. A 30 day supply of this pill costs me $260 at the local drug store, and the drug company sends it to me for a reduced cost...very reduced. Somehow, the message that I needed a written prescription, on a prescription sheet, didn't get to the doctor. He just called it in to the drug store. I already had a couple refills on reserve there, so didn't need that. All I needed was a damned slip of paper, with 3 refills, to send in to Pfizer. Adding to my frustration, when I called the office to see if he had written it, so I could go get it, the secretary told me she would have him call me, right after lunch, before he saw his first patient of the afternoon! Well, bullshit! It's 3PM, and still no call. It would take all of 2 minutes to get this straightened out, but now I have sat here all afternoon waiting for that call. I really do have things to do today, things that don't involve carrying my phone around with me everywhere. Sometimes I actually leave the damned thing at home, since I get tired of always being available! Technology is not always so wonderful!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

People that use fonts for their work emails, that are more ornate than what you see on the average wedding invitation.

People that use horrible colored/patterned backgrounds for their work emails.

People that use horrible colored/patterned backgrounds for their work emails, AND use fonts that are more ornate than what you see on the average wedding invitation.

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    I got a call from my sister earlier. There's nothing more the doctors can do for my mom. She's in the ICU right now. More radiation, or chemo would probably kill her. Surgery for the mass on her spine would probably kill her. They can't even put a breathing tube in her throat because bending her head back that far might kill her because of the mass in her spine. She's heavily medicated right now but they're having a hard time stabilizing her, but if they ease up on the meds to stabilizer her she'll be in a lot of pain. It's just wait and see right now. We've put her on the do not resuscitate list, if it gets really bad we don't want her to suffer.

I can't even get up there tonight because there's a freaking blizzard over the pass.
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

I'm sorry to hear that Angel, my heart goes out to you and your family.

I've been at this stage with my Dad and then my grandfather & grandmother but now is YOUR mum, your special person suffering and no matter what experiences I or others here have had all we can really do is try to understand.
    Such is Life...

That's awful
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I should stop reading this thread. Each time I enter with my own trifle matters in mind, but am effectively muted by the really sad stories of people. Sorry to hear it Angel_Mapper.
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

So sorry to hear that Angel! If you want to vent, you know where I'm at!

I have to agree with Kazuha! My medical problems (from the Dr. yesterday) seem small and trivial compared to that!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!