Page 80 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,400 of 5648

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Exactly!
    Exactly
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Yay for dreams bringing up memories. -.- As if I really needed that reminder that she's no longer my fiancée and seems perfectly happy with someone else, or at least willing to work on problems with him unlike what she did while with me.
    Last edited by Echovirus; 03-25-2011 at 03:27 PM.

You clearly forgot to tell me something young man.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Catgrrl View Post
    I just want to apologize to everyone. I've been whiny and out of line often lately. I didn't mean to be up on a high horse in the happy thread. I'm sorry to Nessus, for making her look like the bad guy when she clearly isn't. I'm sorry to OG, I've been snide in some of my replies to his posts, purely because I resent that he does well in parenting and I, well, don't. I'm sorry to lolli, and GGT,and munch, for bothering them so much for advice and still whining after all they offer me. And I am sorry to everyone else on the forum, with kids or not, that have had to read my rants. I won't be posting about this anymore. It's not fair to everyone, having to read my woes.

I'm sorry, so very sorry. I haven't really contributed well to this forum. I'll try to stay out of D&D, where more intellectual people than I roam. If I post at all, I will try to keep it to General Chat type things.
    This sounds like the talk of a depressed person. I don't think you have anything to apologize for towards me (though I am memory-impaired), so I'm mostly concerned at what spawned this guilt, remorse and anxiety. Can you talk to a professional? You're in a very high-stress place right now to say the least, if you're being less than (what you see as) yourself on an internet forum you're doing pretty well all things considered. Is this the only symptom?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Postpartum depression is serious, Brandy's doctor said its common to see it within (and up to) the first 2 years.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    You need to quit being down on yourself. We like you. We want you to post wherever you want, whenever you want.

You can even whine if you want to. That's what we're here for.
    This^
    Such is Life...

I just spent time looking to see who it was that posted something...

Illusions, I was at the store buying envelopes today, and several of the boxes were open and envelopes had clearly been removed. Remembered the post about construction paper, but not who posted it, so I looked at that, too. It seems that blue is the color people want to steal.

it also annoys me that businesses don't include printed envelopes in their correspondence anymore. It used to be postage-paid, even, but that's probably too much to ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    This sounds like the talk of a depressed person. I don't think you have anything to apologize for towards me (though I am memory-impaired), so I'm mostly concerned at what spawned this guilt, remorse and anxiety. Can you talk to a professional? You're in a very high-stress place right now to say the least, if you're being less than (what you see as) yourself on an internet forum you're doing pretty well all things considered. Is this the only symptom?
    This.

Cat dear, we've talked about this before. Please come back and give us the update after you've consulted with your doctor.

Cat, we love you and want to help you the best that we can. I know that, for me, being able to come here and blow off some steam really does help me a lot. But, I think you need to see your doctor and tell him/her what is going on. There really is help for post partum depression. Trust me, raising children isn't easy, but it is easy to feel overwhelmed by everything. If talking to us here has helped, great! We are here for each other, even when we don't agree with each other. We really are like family, and family tries to help wherever they can.

The Thing's daughter (SRB) got each of the girls, Bug and Bear, puppies of their very own, They were really awesome little critters. But, there is some asshole here in BFE that evidentially doesn't like dogs or loves to be mean to little girls...one or the other. This asshole came on to SRB's property and POISONED these 2 sweet puppies! Neither one of them survived, but a slightly older dog, (around 1.5 years old) who was also poisoned, managed to survive! Molly kinda makes up for Bug and Bear losing their very own puppies, but not completely! What kind of an asshole would poison these 2 little girl's puppies? Some sick fuck is my guess! Here is one of those times that I am for law enforcement. I hope like hell they catch whoever killed these doggies!

The weather is trying to make a return to Winter. So far this week, we have had rain, snow, wind, (horribad winds with gusts of 75 MPH) cold and, now tonight, fog and mist! Fuckitall, I want Summer. Fuck this Spring shit! I am ready for 80+ degrees and warmer. For me, it isn't summer until it's been 100 degrees for about a week steady, and more heat to come the next week! I HATE WINTER/SPRING/whateverthefuckthisshitis!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Cat, until your doc makes suggestions.....reading some mom humor may help? Oldies but goodies---Erma Bombeck's collection.

Just Wait Till You Have Children Of Your Own
    At Wit's End
    I Lost Everything In The Post-Natal Depression
    The Grass Is Always Greener Over The Septic Tank
    If Life is a Bowl of Cherries-What am I Doing in the Pits?

House has been without power for about an hour now. While Brandy is managing ok by creating an impromptu inside campout (since its storming like a bitch outside), we're supposed to host a dinner party today I was looking forward to that steak Brandy bought yesterday... Friends say it extends at least 2 miles north, and the school thats about a mile west is also out. So this could take awhile...
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Thanks everyone. I definitely have depression and low self esteem at the moment; something I've never ever had my entire life. And it sucks. I might go in to see someone; but I hate my current doctor so will have to look for a new one. I'm pretty sure it's PPD or some sort of hormonal imbalance due to giving birth or the birth control I take (TMI I know)
    It's a one day at a time thing for me now. Hubby and my mom know how bad I feel and have been very supportive.

That's good to hear, Cat. Don't worry about coming here to vent (whine, complain, cry).....that's what we're here for!

Glad you have a support group around you. I think it helps! Like you, I have a great support system around me too! Mommymunchkin is totally unlike most 84 year old mothers! She tells it like it is, but is quick with the hug too! Plus I have wonderful friends that make all the difference in the world!

My groove is totally fucked up today. I haven't felt good for about 5 days now...maybe a bit more. I ache all over, my joints sound like a popcorn popper, my head hurts, and all I want to do is sleep! I have noticed I am having more and more trouble getting to sleep, but when I finally do, I sleep really deep for about 5 hours, then I'm up and going again. The trouble is, I don't have the energy to do a damned thing! Maybe I'm depressed, hell I dunno! I just know I'm not myself, and I don't want to be the person I am becoming!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Hershey's is going to raise its chocolate prices another 10% due to production costs and cocoa shortage. After already outsourcing to Mexico.

Who's the guy that hedged cocoa and holds some ridiculous amount of supply now?

*sigh* I had a pretty good day today, one of those mentally quick and bright days. Lots of physical energy and spark. Probably due to half a pot of coffee early on, before going to the dentist to have this temporary crown replaced with its permanent. (Pulled an early April Fool's joke on the guy, priceless. ) Plenty of chores and errands accomplished, good stuff with my youngest son and his academics and sports. Elder son graced us with his presence yesterday, actually rode in the car one whole hour with me, just to watch his baby brudder play. Then we went out for a nice Asian meal, just the two of us. Nice spring snow fall late in the day, warm fire, lasagna, happy kids and cats. Opened a bottle of wine and

now no one is around on the forum. Tired of seeing GGT all over the place. Where the hell is everyone? Have all the discussions grown old and repetitive? Really, with all the rapid changes around the world, how can that be possible? That messes with my previously loverly groove.

*sigh*

Well hell's bells, I may as well keep posting in this thread. I won't be given WL for repeated postings, will I?

I'm amazed and bemused by what is considered "news". Also by what people consider important newsworthy events, and how they deal with them.

If I was an alien suddenly placed on Earth and told to find Earthling priorities, I might answer smart phone apps, Snooki going to Italy, or what's being Twittered.

There are probably more hits on youtube for watching videos of the disastrous tsunami in Japan, or finding OTC iodine tablets, than there are for the Pacific Tsunami Warning System, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), Nuclear Event Scale (INES), or how to Help. Combined. When I look at web sites showing what's "Trending", it's rarely anything very important but more about Entertainment.

Meanwhile, those Japanese TEPCO workers have apparently been working in dire conditions for three weeks, living on crackers and noodle soup.

Gout, big toe, bad.
    Such is Life...

I Hear the Rain's A Comin'...

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Hershey's is going to raise its chocolate prices another 10% due to production costs and cocoa shortage. After already outsourcing to Mexico.

Who's the guy that hedged cocoa and holds some ridiculous amount of supply now?
    Hershey's tastes like shit anyway

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I just spent time looking to see who it was that posted something...

Illusions, I was at the store buying envelopes today, and several of the boxes were open and envelopes had clearly been removed. Remembered the post about construction paper, but not who posted it, so I looked at that, too. It seems that blue is the color people want to steal.
    We found an open package of Pixie Sticks yesterday, apparently whoever decided to open and steal from it took only the red ones, and left the rest.

it also annoys me that businesses don't include printed envelopes in their correspondence anymore. It used to be postage-paid, even, but that's probably too much to ask for.
    I'm lucky to get a printed statement for anything anymore, let alone an envelope to respond to them with.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Hey! Their Special Dark bars are very tasty

But I'm not into milk chocolate much anymore so can't say if the rest is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Catgrrl View Post
    Hey! Their Special Dark bars are very tasty

But I'm not into milk chocolate much anymore so can't say if the rest is bad.
    To be fair, I only had it once, but I am used to Belgian chocolates

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I Hear the Rain's A Comin'...
    I wish, just had our hottest & driest March ever...
    Such is Life...

Ours was, but we just spent 2 days getting rain that peaked at 2" an hour and straight winds hitting 90mph. Few tornadoes, a lot of damaged homes, a few damaged businesses, a bunch of dark intersections, flooding everywhere, even the base had their concrete gate system destroyed and that backed up traffic for most of today.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 04-01-2011 at 12:49 AM.

We went from a deficit to a surplus in a week. Also, it's fucking cold. Out like a lion and all.

I can only hope that this is an early April Fool's joke, but joystiq is reporting that Gamestop has bought out Impulse
    Gamestop needs to fucking die die die.

I managed to get 1 night of good sleep, and am now back to living in a fog due to lack of sleep. Dammit, I want to stay awake more than 8 hours a day! Plus, my fucking hair is falling out at a rapid pace. I don't know if it's a side effect of my illness, one of my meds, or what, but it's really making me feel ugly and like shit!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Regarding sleep: when seasons change so do our sleep patterns. I decided to stop "counting" my sleep hours, or being frustrated by how inconsistent it was day-to-day. By the end of a week or so, it tended to even out. Kind of like diet patterns and calorie count for kids. Maybe we've become too obsessed with 24 hour chunks of time?

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Didn't want to say anything but we recently had a visitor from the US over here and he brought us some Hershey's. We tasted them - and afterwards whispered to each other: "Did you also think they had an aftertaste like vomit?"
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?