Page 168 of 189 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,040 of 5648

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

My ability to feel anger and outrage at the increasingly despicable antics of the British government has been completely exhausted. regrettably, the Swedish government seems to be looking to the UK for inspiration.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I'm now feeling the total impact of selling my house and moving....right before Christmas. Completely exhausted! I managed to decorate a small artificial tree in my new place, and cook a decent meal for my visiting kids, but that's about it.

Comcast really messed me up, and threw a wrench in my advance planning. I made arrangements (11/7) to transfer internet and add cable TV and phone by 12/15. Was going to order gifts for my sisters on-line after the move. Plenty of time, right? pffft Comcast and their sub-contractors absolutely sucked. They gave me the runaround for over a week, even after I made a trip to the local Xfinity store to speak to someone face-to-face. What a racket

"In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

My aunt died. She was trapped in her body by Parkinson's Disease for over a decade, so I'm glad she's finally freed from that prison. But she was also the last living relative from an older generation, albeit by marriage, so her death hit a surprising nerve.

Now it's just me and my sisters, and neither of them had children. It's weird and hard to explain why I feel sad for my sons.

Every time I see the "The Tide may finally be turning" thread I'm freshly disappointed that it isn't about the delicious forbidden fruits.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Every time I see the "The Tide may finally be turning" thread I'm freshly disappointed that it isn't about the delicious forbidden fruits.
    What?

Tide pods
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

My Galaxy S5 that I just use for media consumption is at the unfortunate point of not being trusted to hold a charge for very long anymore. Anker stopped selling the replacement batteries, so I'm beginning to fear this will soon be unusable without being plugged in. Anyone know where I could get a good replacement battery?

Quote Originally Posted by Echovirus View Post
    Anyone know where I could get a good replacement battery?
    Third party extended batteries, perhaps? A quick google search shows those are still available here and there.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Quote Originally Posted by BalticSailor View Post
    Third party extended batteries, perhaps? A quick google search shows those are still available here and there.
    My knowledge of third-party brands is rather lacking. I'm familiar with ZeroLemon and Anker, who both no longer offer their S5 batteries. I've seen one called PowerBear, but I'm not sure I'm willing to chance it on their extended battery. I think I'll give their OEM-sized battery a try.

Cognitive Dissonance

A billionaire who made his fortune by using family money, exploiting bankruptcy and debt loopholes in RE, producing reality TV shows and beauty pageants, has connived his way to POTUS by promising to "drain the swamp" and "Make America Great Again".

I don't know which is worse: waking up every day knowing Trump is considered the "leader of the free world", or that his base supporters (and the GOP in general) still think he's the right man for the highest job in the land.

Last edited by GGT; 03-13-2018 at 03:25 AM.

Dealing with a person who's near certain borderline. It drains me of all energy. I'm sitting at work and the last few hours I literally couldn't get myself to do anything productive.
    Congratulations America

One of my son's friends has died, a victim of the opioid/heroin crisis. He was clean for years, but relapsed when he moved back home....

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    One of my son's friends has died, a victim of the opioid/heroin crisis. He was clean for years, but relapsed when he moved back home....
    Sorry to hear of your son's loss.

RIP Avicci, who died at the age of 28.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

One of my team members announced that she won't renew her contract this summer, and will return to mainland Europe. I don't think we'll be able to replace her. In our office the only non-UK citizens planning to stay are those with kids in school. Everyone else plans to leave at the end of their current contract.
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

Quote Originally Posted by Unheard Of View Post
    One of my team members announced that she won't renew her contract this summer, and will return to mainland Europe. I don't think we'll be able to replace her. In our office the only non-UK citizens planning to stay are those with kids in school. Everyone else plans to leave at the end of their current contract.
    Can't blame them for not betting on the UK. A Dual national friend of mine (one of his nationalities is British) is setting up residency in continental Europe in the hope the EU will simply roll over the rights of people who already resided in the EU 27 before Brexit.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Can't blame them for not betting on the UK.
    Absolutely. I wouldn't stay here in their circumstances. I'm not sure I should stay myself.
    There's a man goin' 'round, takin' names
    And he decides who to free and who to blame

My home computer gave up the ghost on Friday. All the components for my new build are arriving today, except for the motherboard which comes tomorrow or Wednesday.

I've been invited to the Microsoft E3 Briefing, but don't have the pockets to get there

EDIT:

Priced it out, ~$1200. Damn.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 04-30-2018 at 11:33 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    My home computer gave up the ghost on Friday. All the components for my new build are arriving today, except for the motherboard which comes tomorrow or Wednesday.
    The Ryzen 7 got here, but it was just a Ryzen 3 in a Ryzen 7 box. I really regret paying extra to overnight the mobo now.

You know, my computer buying where I just ordered what I wanted was so very easy and stress-free. You should learn from me.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Does anyone else get musical "earworms"? Melodies that get stuck in your head and sometimes drag another song along in the loop?

I've had Neil Young's Harvest Moon playing alongside Satie's Gymnopedie #1 in my head for days now. The tempos and melodies are different, but they feel like the same song. Or maybe I'm just getting old

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    You know, my computer buying where I just ordered what I wanted was so very easy and stress-free. You should learn from me.
    I'm no apostate!

I'm disappointed that there are no new threads in D&D about Trump's decision to officially, and unilaterally leave the multi-national Iran nuclear deal. I really wanted to read opinions from the well-informed and smart people on the forum. And also Lewk, because he's the biggest Trump apologist here.

Reading comments on other web sites just isn't the same thing. I could have started a new thread, but my threads usually suck. Dammit, I'll just have to watch tv and keep refreshing this page instead

Green Man Gaming, one of those digital game sales sites, sent out mass fake fraudulent purchase emails to trick their customers into opening said emails. After a mini-heart attack I see the internet is reacting appropriately to them, hammering all their social media channels with complaints and rants.

GMG is gray-market. Maybe the most legitimized gray-market, but still gray-market. They've always been a bit shady. I wouldn't mind seeing them go under.

So I'm down by the river parking lot, planting flowers in the restaurant's fancy container urns. Several nicely dressed patrons pass by, and say things like, "looking good there!" or "what pretty flowers!" They don't know I could hear them talking about the money people they want to lure into their next RE venture. Or that I know they've spent over $600 on just appetizers (not including wine or alcohol) for one afternoon of PR spin

Learned that my ex-husband is taking his latest girlfriend to my best friend's daughter's wedding. Hard to explain why there's so much fucked-up behind that, and why it messes me up emotionally