Page 79 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 5648

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Good Gawd GGT! You have just raised the spider to the same intelligence level as many humans! Somehow I doubt they plot against you, altho I could be wrong!

Insomnia is really messing with my groove. Another damned night of no sleep with people expecting me to live on their sleep/wake schedule again in the morning!

Nights like this give me entirely too much time to think! Things like why MY pancreas and who cares flitter thru my mind, interspersed with damn, the lady next door snores loud and who the hell cares and why doesn't that fucking idiot in the 1980 Chevy pick-up get a muffler on it and son of a bitch, that dude left just about all the rubber on his car at the stoplight! Who am I and why the fuck am I still here goes along with why is Merry in such good health, able to drink all the beer she wants, and I am resigned living without drinking, which adds up to boring and dull and no life at all! Why does Robert treat Lisa like a fucking slave, and why does she put up with it meanders in my head, finally becoming why the hell do I care! All these thoughts, and no answers to any of the questions! Maybe I really am insane! Or maybe I am just sleep deprived!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

More disjointed ramblings of a disjointed mind.

Why are we who we are? Why can't we all just get along together, you know, play nice in the sandbox? When the hell is Spring going to really get here? Why are cigarettes harder to quit than booze? Why is Pepsi harder to quit than booze? Does lemonade go bad? Who's fucking dog is barking in the building at 4:30 in the morning? I have to remember to get away from the lights and check out the moon tonight! Munchie has the munchies and doesn't know what she wants to munch on! Those poor people in Japan. Why can't they get the radiation leaks stopped? Oh shit, that was a wicked bad pain in my side. Wow that breeze feels and smells good. Am I as insane as I sound here? Answer...probably! Why do I torture myself watching all this bad news on TV? Why can't I sleep? Can a person die from sleep deprivation? Would anybody notice if I did? I have lived here almost a year and still am not unpacked...why not? Am I just too lazy, or am I afraid I'll get evicted or not be able to pay the rent? Am I as boring as I think I am? Is that a fucking spider? (Dammit GGT!)

It's no wonder I can't sleep. Considering all the shit floating around in my head, it's amazing I ever do sleep!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

AT&T has agreed to buy T-Mobile!

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

munch, try ear plugs to sleep until noon if you're a night owl, with thin apartment walls. Yes, insomnia can make you feel "crazy". You're not taking steroids are ya?

And yes, spiders plan and plot their stealth attacks. They're sneaky like that.

I just spent fucking $3.34/gal for gas. The news lied when they said the price was down.

Been in absolute agony for days, with both sharp and throbbing pains from the left-side of my mouth and jaw, but the pain when its really bad has also been shooting up to my left temple. Was worried it was a dental problem.

Went to the dentist earlier. Good news is I have perfectly clean teeth, excellent oral hygiene . Its just that I've picked up an infection which has somehow gotten into my gums which are both infected and very, very bruised. Said if anything I've been brushing too hard over the last few days (over-compensating for the pain). So got a strong course of anti-biotics to clear it up - the ones she's given me are also used for treating alcoholics, said if I drink alcohol with these I'll become violently ill and end up in A&E, so no alcohol for me for the next week.

So glad its just temporary and no issues with teeth etc, but what's messing with my groove is that it doesn't get rid of the pain. Really, really in agony

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Why didn't she give you any pain killers?
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

My good old VCR is broken I put a VHS cassette in, and it got stuck, and when it plays it 'eats' the magnetic tape.had to screw it open and remove the cassette by hand
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

THat's what happened with my VCR. Hubby tried to fix it but all it does is rewind when you put a tape in now.

Same here! Rewinding is the only thing that works. I hardly use it for videotapes anymore anyway, so it's no big deal (but I do use it as a tuner for my tv :P I can't set channels for my tv so I just put it on the a/v channel and use the VCR to watch cable).

But we were sending a demo to a venue, and their website mentioned they like it if you send oldschool demos (like vinyl or cassette), so I thought it might be a fun idea to put out videoclip on VHS and give it Makes you stand out, at least!

That would have been pretty cool

Yes, I've been slowly replacing my old VHS movies with DVDs. But it sucks when you have so many videos! (And home recorded ones-lucky my Dad has a VHS-DVD recorder so we could convert old home movies to DVD)

I only have thir13en ghosts and a recording of bowling for columbine and a beavis and butthead marathon myself, so that's no big deal. My parents have a bunch though, including one where I was filmed when I was still cute Their own home videos are on super8 though, and that player still works.

I can't get a DVD burned

I have to burn either a .mov with sound, or a combination of .m2v video and .ac3 sound (preferably the latter). Does anyone have any tips for a decent DVD burning program? I tried Roxio MyDVD (it came with the laptop) so far, but it didn't recognise the .m2v and .ac3, and it crashes on the .mov.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I just spent fucking $3.34/gal for gas. The news lied when they said the price was down.
    Care to trade? I'm paying $3.60 or more per gallon up here at school.

Our prices rose to $3.59/gallon today. Makes me feel even better that I filled my tank when it was $3.39 and I could use my $1.10/gallon discount.

Wait a minute here, I'm in the wrong thread?

Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Not just their ads that may give false hope to desperate people, or that they're a private, for-profit operator of cancer treatment hospitals and outpatient clinics which provide both conventional and alternative medical treatments. *, but that our country has such a fucked up attitude regarding illness that a place like that even exists. And makes a pretty profit on cancer patients.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancer_...ers_of_america

Everything's for profit in America. Google "prison industry" for fun some time

It's not going to be fun
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Working in retail has caused me to realize that people who are more than capable of paying for certain items, are more apt to steal them than I previously thought, and so far I'm going with the following idea:

They feel they are entitled to Product X, and we, The Merchant, are keeping it from them. In order for The Merchant to give them what is theirs, they must pay The Merchant x amount of dollars. If they feel the amount of money they have to pay is greater than The Merchant deserves, and they feel more entitled to the product than the amount they are willing to pay for it, they will just outright steal it.

So far the products I notice undergoing this the most are anything part of a package that contains multiple items, or is a volume item. They will steal one of the multiple items, or some of the volume of an item.
    . . .

Communists, the lot of 'em

Sorry, I mean liberals
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    Communists, the lot of 'em

Sorry, I mean liberals
    The items we sell are not life essentials like medicine, food, clothing, shelter, etc.

Unless a tenant of communism was equal access to construction paper for all...
    . . .

When I used to stock for Office Depot, you wouldn't believe the amount of opened pen packages and velcro ties we would find laying around. I mean really, who needs to steal velcro ties? New school year was the worse, always finding the larger folders stuffed with smaller things hidden somewhere in the store.

I used to brush it off as some poor school kid not being able to afford the cool Five Star brand like everyone else. Then I read stories like the millionaire who used a college kid's stolen/lost credit card to buy 2 pizzas.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

One of the reasons I got out of retail. I loathe people who try to get something for nothing, by scheming or straight out stealing. THe amount of people who will lie to get a gift card or free scone is amazing. And no pride whatsoever.

EDIT: And don't get me started on people who eat grapes out of the packages, right in front of everyone in the produce area. Fucking gross!

I just want to apologize to everyone. I've been whiny and out of line often lately. I didn't mean to be up on a high horse in the happy thread. I'm sorry to Nessus, for making her look like the bad guy when she clearly isn't. I'm sorry to OG, I've been snide in some of my replies to his posts, purely because I resent that he does well in parenting and I, well, don't. I'm sorry to lolli, and GGT,and munch, for bothering them so much for advice and still whining after all they offer me. And I am sorry to everyone else on the forum, with kids or not, that have had to read my rants. I won't be posting about this anymore. It's not fair to everyone, having to read my woes.

I'm sorry, so very sorry. I haven't really contributed well to this forum. I'll try to stay out of D&D, where more intellectual people than I roam. If I post at all, I will try to keep it to General Chat type things.

You need to quit being down on yourself. We like you. We want you to post wherever you want, whenever you want.

You can even whine if you want to. That's what we're here for.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

You're really bad at being snideish, cause I didn't see it. I've read that you're not having an easy time, and I honestly thank the stars that I haven't experienced what you go through, but thanks to Brandy's job, I've seen plenty of babies that would have made me rethink the whole parenting thing.

I wouldn't consider myself to be doing well in the parenting department, I just got lucky that Brandy has experience and Scarlett is how she is. Scarlett drives me up the walls at times, undoing what I do, or doing stuff I wasn't prepared for. But fuck if I don't try to spin it into a positive light on here. Go back and read through some of "scarlett learned this!" posts, and try to imagine a horrible scenario for how I learned her new skills after the fact. Thats likely how it happened.

Reading of woes bothers me none.

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    Starting to see a downside to living in a garage converted to a living room/bedroom. How the hell are WORMS getting in here? This is like the fourth dead worm we've found on the floor.
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    You need to quit being down on yourself. We like you. We want you to post wherever you want, whenever you want.

You can even whine if you want to. That's what we're here for.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    Exactly!
    Exactly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Exactly!
    Exactly!