Page 189 of 189 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189
Results 5,641 to 5,648 of 5648

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

The crazies in the House couldn't do one thing right and give me a brief vacation.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The crazies in the House couldn't do one thing right and give me a brief vacation.
    Oh no mate you with the government now??
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.

Terrible, absolutely terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I was kinda annoyed because we busted our butts to get a regulatory submission into the government machinery before the assumed shutdown (since once the clock starts, they're bound by it, whether they're paid or not), but now all of our efforts to turn the submission around in record time look pretty silly.
    "When I meet God, I am going to ask him two questions: Why relativity? And why turbulence? I really believe he will have an answer for the first." - Werner Heisenberg (maybe)

Just wait until you see how many people expected a vacation this week and therefore take leave.

I'm also curious what happens to all the contractors who didn't expect to get paid for the next few weeks.

Been dealing with my parents end of life. Fucking terrible. Big Eye Opener. There is NO REWARD for longevity. Fuck long life, fuck the death industry, fuck the human condition. Humanity top to bottom start to finish is a fucking disaster. Utterly pointless, all of it.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKhan View Post
    Been dealing with my parents end of life. Fucking terrible.
    I'm really sorry to hear this mate. I hope you (and they) have the support you need, at least.