Page 134 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,020 of 5648

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Name any POTUS, or administration, that wasn't flawed in some way. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Nice dodge, as usual. The point isn't that he was flawed; the point is that he was part of the most flawed US administration since WWII (Carter probably topped him though), and he managed all those screw-ups in half a term.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    You only know about his exploits because the "Camelot magic" was chipped away over time. He wasn't very different from many men, or men in positions of power, who acted like "sleaze balls" during that time. Too bad that doesn't mean you'd recognize that equal rights, civil rights, and feminism played a part in progressing your own social views...and what it means to be a sleaze ball.

And you're confusing respect and admiration with blind worship. tsk, what would Saint Reagan have to say about that?
    Its entirely plausible that had Kennedy not died he'd now be held with the same level of contempt that Nixon is. Entirely plausible he'd have been impeached too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

OCZ is going bankrupt there go my warranties
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Window washers with Vienna number plates in Amsterdam. How crazy is that?
    Congratulations America

Our lovely snow came with frigid temps, lots of ice, and "frozen fog" Daytime melting, nighttime icing, with predictions for 5-6 more inches of snow later today. The traffic is already messed up with black ice and accidents -- a 30+ car pile-up on interstate roads near Philly. ugh

I managed to piss off a 13 year old so badly, by spamming Pikachu's lighting in Super Smash Brothers, that he threw a chair into a wall.

Click to view the full version
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Teenagers are so much fun.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Start playing Call of Duty death match style...then watch the fun.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Better half stuck in Buffalo...was supposed to be home tonight

I managed to piss off a 13 year old so badly, by spamming Pikachu's lighting in Super Smash Brothers, that he threw a chair into a wall.
    At least it wasn't your face...this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    At least it wasn't your face...this time.
    I've had a few close calls by playing 4th player in Super Mario World Wii and trolling everyone by throwing them off platforms, but damn never this bad.

So yer one of those players...:/

I keep shit exciting. These are teenagers, and we only have so many games. I add a few twists here and there

If you're game-trolling as a Librarian, that would mess with my groove.

Bought some blankets from China; turns out they are in New Zealand now.
    Congratulations America

Ice damming hijacked a ride on my beloved wintry snow's coattails.

Too many freeze-and-thaw temperature changes, weather fronts and Canadian Clippers, ice covered by snow, covered with more ice? Now I need a damn bucket in the bow window to collect the water dripping from the soffit. Again. Thought I'd taken care of this a few years ago, at least that's what I paid for. Homeownership and Murphy's Law, ugh.

Target, my go to store, has announced a data breach that may sum up to 40 million compromised credit/debit cards.

fuck

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    If you're game-trolling as a Librarian, that would mess with my groove.
    umm... what?

Target, my go to store, has announced a data breach that may sum up to 40 million compromised credit/debit cards.
    Its like a revolving door of credit card theft announcements due to poor computer systems security.
    . . .

Its amazing that my email and MMO accounts have better security then my credit and debit cards.

Lewk refuses to accept that there is a difference between then and than.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Dad has cancer.

It's a 2cm tumour on an optic nerve in the middle of his head. Location makes it inoperable. He will undergo a biopsy shortly to determine exactly what type of cancer it is.

Likely treatment is five weeks of intensive radiotherapy for starters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

fucking hell

best of luck to him and your family

Best of luck, Tim.

Sorry to hear that, Tim. Hope treatment works out well.

Its amazing that my email and MMO accounts have better security then my credit and debit cards.
    Is it just slightly possible that people are far more motivated to steal credit cards than your emails and MMO accounts? Just sayin'.

yet its my emails and MMOs that require higher level authentication.

Authentication is not the end all and be all of security.

no, but it would make issues like whats hit Target become largely none issues.

Best of luck.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!