Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    On my way home from work, I briefly saw a beautiful woman in the train. She had large, green eyes, she was thin, slender, graceful, and had perfect skin. Her hair was neatly arranged, and her attire was tasteful. All in all, a very mundanely beautiful person.

As the train was coming to a stop, we were standing side by side. She must've put her gloves on at this point, for I remember noticing the well-endowed diamond ring. The doors swung open, and we both reached for the hand rail to assist in our descent from the carriage. For a very brief moment, the tip of my pinky finger brushed her hand. As she moved her hand away I saw her glance sharply at me before reaching into her bag and reaching in for what seemed to be a can of spray. She removed the lid and sprayed her glove where I had ever-so-gently brushed against her. Then with a single, flowing movement she replaced the lid and then the spray within her bag, swished her hair to one side and stepped past me out the door with a sideways look of suspicion in her eyes and a slight curl in her lip.

As I stepped down to the platform, the realization dawned on me, with some gravity, that this tiny, unremarkable incident was the first time I had touched, or been touched by, another human being in quite some time. That this yearned-for touch drew such dismissive and derisory behaviour, that she saw me as an object of disgust, filled me with a searing rush of frustrated fury.

"Well FUCK YOU MADAM!" I screamed at her passing, barely an inch from her ear.

She shrank back in sudden fright, her hands instictively rising to her cheeks, her mouth open, her eyes wide with fear, her feet rooted to the ground, a small rabbit caught in the headlights of my bright and beautiful rage. A small gasp escaped her sensual lips;
    "I ... "

I smiled my most unpleasant and insincere smile, shoved my hands into the pockets of my puffa jacket, and sauntered past her cowering form.

Hell is other people, of that one can be certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    On my way home from work, I briefly saw a beautiful woman in the train. She had large, green eyes, she was thin, slender, graceful, and had perfect skin. Her hair was neatly arranged, and her attire was tasteful. All in all, a very mundanely beautiful person.

As the train was coming to a stop, we were standing side by side. She must've put her gloves on at this point, for I remember noticing the well-endowed diamond ring. The doors swung open, and we both reached for the hand rail to assist in our descent from the carriage. For a very brief moment, the tip of my pinky finger brushed her hand. As she moved her hand away I saw her glance sharply at me before reaching into her bag and reaching in for what seemed to be a can of spray. She removed the lid and sprayed her glove where I had ever-so-gently brushed against her. Then with a single, flowing movement she replaced the lid and then the spray within her bag, swished her hair to one side and stepped past me out the door with a sideways look of suspicion in her eyes and a slight curl in her lip.

As I stepped down to the platform, the realization dawned on me, with some gravity, that this tiny, unremarkable incident was the first time I had touched, or been touched by, another human being in quite some time. That this yearned-for touch drew such dismissive and derisory behaviour, that she saw me as an object of disgust, filled me with a searing rush of frustrated fury.

"Well FUCK YOU MADAM!" I screamed at her passing, barely an inch from her ear.

She shrank back in sudden fright, her hands instictively rising to her cheeks, her mouth open, her eyes wide with fear, her feet rooted to the ground, a small rabbit caught in the headlights of my bright and beautiful rage. A small gasp escaped her sensual lips;
    "I ... "

I smiled my most unpleasant and insincere smile, shoved my hands into the pockets of my puffa jacket, and sauntered past her cowering form.

Hell is other people, of that one can be certain.
    I'm afraid I do not really understand what you are trying to say here

And for the record mine's a long leather jacket, dunno what a puffa is
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.