Page 68 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 5648

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    The tone of my post sounds like this: medicine isn't practiced well over the phone. People who expect or demand that their skin be diagnosed over the phone, and expect or demand to talk to a physician, then expect or demand a prescription,, should really get a grip.

1.) It's not exactly a state secret around town that I walk everywhere I go!

2.) It's not a exactly a secret that the clinic is almost a mile away from my home!

3.) It was a whopping 22 degrees outside at the time I called!

4.) It's also damned well known around town that I have been so sick I can't hardly hold my head up, let alone walk a mile!

I did NOT demand anything. I merely started out by asking, NICELY, if the doctor, and not his ding-bat nurse, (no I did NOT say this out loud to the brain-dead receptionist) call me back! It was only after two separate people decided it was impossible to be polite to the consumer (me) that I started to get upset.

As I said, I was prepared to grovel at this stupid woman's feet...right up until she couldn't remember talking to me. Then, all bets were off.
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmunchkin View Post
    1.) It's not exactly a state secret around town that I walk everywhere I go!

2.) It's not a exactly a secret that the clinic is almost a mile away from my home!

3.) It was a shopping 22 degrees outside at the time I called!

4.) It's also damned well known around town that I have been so sick I can't hardly hold my head up, let alone walk a mile!

I did NOT demand anything. I merely started out by asking, NICELY, if the doctor, and not his ding-bat nurse, call me back! It was only after two separate people decided it was impossible to be polite to the consumer (me) that I started to get upset.

As I said, I was prepared to grovel at this stupid woman's feet...right up until she couldn't remember talking to me. Then, all bets were off.
    You should re-read your initial post, then. It's filled with angry bile, expectations and demands. For your skin condition.

Your attitude toward the receptionist and nurse are quite clear, and it's not good. You probably told the physician what you expected him to prescribe, as if you'd already done the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment....and just needed his official signature on a prescription pad. That's not how modern medicine works.

If I'd been that "ding-bat" nurse, it would be fairly easy to say "The doctor is busy seeing patients and dealing with emergencies. He doesn't diagnose over the phone. If this is an emergency, if you're having trouble breathing or having chest pains I can call 911 for you. Should I call 911 for you and have the ambulance pick you up?"

[QUOTE=GGT;62809]You should re-read your initial post, then. It's filled with angry bile, expectations and demands. For your skin condition. [/QUOT

Hell yes I was angry...still am for that matter. It's a fucking skin condition not a fucking heart attach!

Your attitude toward the receptionist and nurse are quite clear, and it's not good. You probably told the physician what you expected him to prescribe, as if you'd already done the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment....and just needed his official signature on a prescription pad. That's not how modern medicine works.
    No, I simply asked for something to help me from being scraped raw! I didn't diagnosis or demand anything except a timely response, but the proper person, to a problem I was having! How damned hard it that to understand?

If I'd been that "ding-bat" nurse, it would be fairly easy to say "The doctor is busy seeing patients and dealing with emergencies. He doesn't diagnose over the phone. If this is an emergency, if you're having trouble breathing or having chest pains I can call 911 for you. Should I call 911 for you and have the ambulance pick you up?"
    Talk about overkill!

By your definition, NO medical professional should EVER be questioned! We should all just be led around by our noses, like good little sheepies! Personally, I think everyone who works for "us", from the garbage man to the doctor, should be held accountable for any and all needs. I don't understand why people seem to think that, just because you managed to get through medical/nursing school, you should be allowed to treat the customer (patient) like they have no brain.
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

[QUOTE=oldmunchkin;62810]
    Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    You should re-read your initial post, then. It's filled with angry bile, expectations and demands. For your skin condition. [/QUOT

Hell yes I was angry...still am for that matter. It's a fucking skin condition not a fucking heart attach!
    Your tags are messed up.

And your anger is severely displaced. Skin conditions (short of anaphylactic shock) are not emergencies. Nurses can give good temporary advice for that sort of thing over the phone, much like what you got here......until your appointment with the doctor.

No, I simply asked for something to help me from being scraped raw! I didn't diagnosis or demand anything except a timely response, but the proper person, to a problem I was having! How damned hard it that to understand?
    Sounds hysterical and over-reactionary. That type of skin condition doesn't just happen suddenly, unless it's related to a severe allergic reaction or drug withdrawal. Neither should be diagnosed sight unseen or over the phone.

Talk about overkill!

By your definition, NO medical professional should EVER be questioned! We should all just be led around by our noses, like good little sheepies! Personally, I think everyone who works for "us", from the garbage man to the doctor, should be held accountable for any and all needs. I don't understand why people seem to think that, just because you managed to get through medical/nursing school, you should be allowed to treat the customer (patient) like they have no brain.
    Now you're being irrational. For some reason you refused to accept a nurse as a medical professional. Even when they could provide some temporary relief solutions for your skin condition until you can see the physician. Contrary to what you think, doctors aren't waiting around at your beck and call, and they're not responsible for any and all of your needs. That's preposterous.

No wonder you don't understand, or take it as a personal affront when the doctor isn't immediately on the phone just for you.

Really, get a grip.

Have to have a talk with the girlfriend sometime after New Years that I've been putting off having for a few months now due to being busy with getting my website up, trying to find a job, and the holidays. Not looking forward to it, but have to resolve some problems we've been having (or at least get her to understand that there are problems).
    . . .

Was going to sign up the little one and I for swim lessons; just a chance to do something out of the house. It's almost $100 at the YMCA! That's insane amount to pay just to have her splash around. I think I will have to wait until she is a bit older so we can get our money's worth. Maybe after she turns 1 and is more mobile then it will be a better idea.

cat, you can just take her to Open Family Swim time to splash around. That's usually free.

If you are a member it is. I'm not paying the $86 a month for that either.

Sigh. I realize how cheap I sound. That messes with my groove too.

I know what you mean.....the Y is a United Way recipient, too. Go figure. If there's a YWCA near you, their membership is much cheaper, and so are the classes.

I don't give to United Way anymore. Their overhead is ridiculous. I decided it was better for me to give directly to the charity I want the money to go to (in my case, the local foodbank since no one should ever go hungry).

Ah well. I guess I could just fill our bathtub and go from there.

The UW fund raising drives used to bug me that way, as a new grad unable to afford their membership. But they'd put these 'donation' slips in our paychecks, and 'lobby' everyone really hard.

Bathtubs are fun. Come summertime it'll be sprinkler/hose/baby pool. Now that's a blast.

I visited a friend who's working on a 77m yacht and got a little bit of a tour. At first I was just impressed at how big the thing was. Then during the tour so many serious problems were pointed out to me that I found it hard to believe that anybody would spend so much money on something functioning so bad (plumbing causing bad smells, breakers blowing out almost standard and generally an electric system so bad that TV's and computers lived significant shorter than you'd usually expect them, airconditioning insufficient to keep the temperature in the staterooms pleasant).
    Congratulations America

They're showing the rest of Caprica tonight, and I saw in the Facebook comments that SyFy has cancelled SG-U, too.

Now, I admit that it's not the greatest show ever, and it's rather low on my list of programs to catch up on. But it's still better than the majority of the garbage they are now showing on SyFy. Unless, of course, you happen to be a fan of Ghost Hunters or wrestling.

No, wait - they show Twilight Zone reruns.

Assholes.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

ugh, my inlaws watch Ghost Hunters or one of those similar shows. One time I had to watch a two hour run at their house and wanted to shoot someone.

I only tune in to Syfy if they happen to have an episode of Star Trek TNG that I haven't seen before.

er, they show wrestling on there? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    They're showing the rest of Caprica tonight, and I saw in the Facebook comments that SyFy has cancelled SG-U, too.

Now, I admit that it's not the greatest show ever, and it's rather low on my list of programs to catch up on. But it's still better than the majority of the garbage they are now showing on SyFy. Unless, of course, you happen to be a fan of Ghost Hunters or wrestling.

No, wait - they show Twilight Zone reruns.

Assholes.
    FUCK...I actually like SG-U.

Funny you mention Ghost Hunters and wrestling...Better Half and I were just joking about them. He mentioned...who watchs that? And I replied the same people that watch wrestling, and he said: Exactly!
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Facebook reference! :facepalm:

Girl, 16, dies after being hit by cars
    Fuller story in the link but a 16 year old girl has died after being hit by "a series of cars", snippet from the article:
    Tayside Police said several drivers had come forward to say they may have hit the girl as she lay in the road.

The A9 is still closed in both directions to allow a crash investigation to take place.

Supt Tony Beveridge said: "We have already had a number of drivers come forward reporting that they may have hit the girl as she lay on the carriageway.

"It would have been dark at the time of the incident and it's possible that some drivers may even have thought that they have hit an animal.

Just finished watching the last of Caprica. It was great. At least the show ended at its peak, I guess.

Minor Spoiler:
    The ending, showing where they had planned to go with the series, just made me more sad that we'll never to see it. There are so many interesting places they could have gone from where they ended...

I'm so happy Ghost Hunters got another season instead of Caprica.

Floods, floods are fucking destroying my business.
    Such is Life...

Was wondering if you were in the affected areas.

Quite unbelievable scenes.

Your house affected too at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I am not directly affected but my business is, ironically I am in a severely drought affected area while a considerable portion of my customers are in flooded regions.
    Such is Life...

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    Well, my former business "partner" is trying to extort me. We both agreed when we split months ago that he'd get the company and I'd keep the game. Now he's trying to renege and claim 50% when I release it. Like fucking hell. Anyone know a good lawyer?
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

Did you make the agreement in writing, notarized, with witnesses?

Guess which one just got murdered...

(CNN) -- U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was critically wounded Saturday in a shooting at a Tucson, Arizona, grocery store in which at least 11 other people were injured, officials said.

Darci Slaten, a spokeswoman for University Medical Center in Tucson, said Giffords was undergoing surgery Saturday afternoon for a gunshot wound to the head.

A federal judge from Arizona was among the 11 others shot in the incident, a law enforcement source told CNN.

The shooting happened shortly after 10 a.m. MST, Pima County Sheriff's Department spokesman Jason Ogan said.

Giffords, 40, was holding a constituent meeting at the Safeway grocery store when the shooting occurred, according to a schedule posted on her website.
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/08/...pt=T1&iref=BN1

Palin's use of "don't retreat, reload" and using gun scopes as targets is a really bad decision. It just encourages the crazies.

Did you make the agreement in writing, notarized, with witnesses?
    None of our agreements were in writing, notarized, with witnesses. It's all chat logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_Mapper View Post
    None of our agreements were in writing, notarized, with witnesses. It's all chat logs.
    Eeeep, hope things work out right for you.

If he sues for half the profits, can't you countersue for half the company? Or ask the court why you'd willingly give up the entire company if you got nothing in return.
    Hope is the denial of reality

I've already started up another company in my name only, so I don't want half of that one. From what I'm reading online I should be fine, I'll know for sure once I talk to a lawyer after the weekend.

I've already started up another company in my name only, so I don't want half of that one. From what I'm reading online I should be fine, I'll know for sure once I talk to a lawyer after the weekend.
    You might not want half the company, but the guy probably doesn't want to lose half of his company. Make it clear that there are clear consequences for doing what he's doing.
    Hope is the denial of reality