Page 76 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,280 of 5648

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    Mom passed away last night. Two freaking months after we found out she had cancer and she's gone. At least she's not suffering anymore.
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

I'm sorry for your loss, Angel. Two months is really fast. It can be a blessing, because they don't suffer as long, but it also sucks because you don't get enough time with them. (Is there ever enough time?)

When my mother died, somebody posted this for me:

"You can shed tears that she is gone,
    or you can smile because she has lived.
    You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,
    or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
    Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,
    or you can be full of the love you shared.
    You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
    or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
    You can remember her only that she is gone,
    or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
    You can cry and close your mind,
    be empty and turn your back.
    Or you can do what she'd want:
    smile, open your eyes, love and go on."
    - David Harkin

Of course it made me cry, but I found it very fitting and it meant a lot to me. I hope it can do the same for you.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way...

Sorry for your loss Angel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Such is Life...

Sorry for your loss
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

I'm so sorry Angel.

Condolences to you and your family, Angel.

I'm so sorry, Angel!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

I'm gonna breach Angel's sadness with something really trivial.

I'm tired of winter, tired of snow storms that delay or cancel school, tired of wet melting snowboots and mittens, tired of snow plows burying my mailbox and closing off my driveway, tired of shoveling snow, fed up with shoveling. At this point, we're well past the first week of June as the end of the school year, adding on the half days and full days closed for snow.

The New Zealand earthquake looks bad. I hope Spawnie wasn't involved or knew anyone involved in that......

We had a great moderator at the "other place", who loved Queen. But I can't remember his name! Can anyone help me? He was Canadian.....dammit it's on the tip of my tongue.

Sorry to hear of your loss Angel

Damn angel that sucks. I know your family didnt have a lot of time, but let me tell you, having it draw out into a prolonged event, like with my dad, it doesn't make it any better

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    We had a great moderator at the "other place", who loved Queen. But I can't remember his name! Can anyone help me? He was Canadian.....dammit it's on the tip of my tongue.
    Bigjimdavis?
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 02-23-2011 at 05:46 PM. Reason: I suck at iPad tap typing
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

No, not Captain Jim....gosh this is bad, why can't I remember?

Sorry for your loss Angel.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

Spin it let's begin it. Angel_Mapper's Avatar
    Thanks everyone. We had the memorial today, she wanted to be cremated so there was no coffin or burial or anything. It's crazy that as far as possessions the little things end up being most important. Byron (her soulmate, they never married because both of them had enough of that) asked if I wanted anything to remember her, and all I wanted was her fridge magnet collection that I kept adding to every time I went overseas, and two seashells from the bathroom that we'd had since I was little.

One thing that made me smile was when we were looking for pictures for the memorial, we couldn't find any where she was by herself.
    Angel Mapper - Prometheus

To have said goodbye to things!

Sounds like a nice memorial, Angel. Those fridge magnets sound like a nice way to remember your mom every day. The seashells must have special meaning from your childhood, and also your time in the Navy.

BTW.....it was Pyros! Took me days to think of his name.

What about Pyros? He was a mod when I first joined that other forum! I always got along well with him.
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

So I had to re-sit an exam. I had to rearrange my schedule for the next course so that I could be in town for the exam. So I had to move an important doctor's appointment. That apparently broke the entire university, so they simply forgot to book housing, supervisors etc for my clinical rotations. Okay, it happens. But then they moved the date for the re-exam. I had to postpone my doctor's appointment again. My missed clinical weeks were for naught, and of course I have to make up for those over easter, but all right, sometimes these things happen.

Now today after the exam I find that I've either lost my phone or had it stolen. Because of the exam it's turned off. Because of my cleverness it's of course sim-locked with a pin-code. So I can't call it. Because they changed the exam-hall, I have nfi which half dozen courses had their exams in the same hall. Now I'm trying to figure out how well my job-hunting can be expected to go without a phone.

This is the worst day.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

We struggle to find meaning in the senseless miseries that form the fabric of our daily lives.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I'd be happy to breathe, no meaning required.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

I have had this nagging goddamned headache for 3 days now! It's not severe, but it's there. I just want it to go away!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Lightning struck my godmothers house. Through the roof and through the livingroom ceiling. Happened at 4am. She's shaken up a bit. The fire department arrived quickly to put out the attic fire. I asked her what she did to piss god off. She laughed, and said "I'll never tell".

Argh, thick people at work .... christ almighty, if i wanted a conversation at 7:30am then I'd have one, being i've kept my mouth shut means I don't want to participate. It's 7:30am, I'm fine, I just want to get bits done. Until then, zip it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    Argh, thick people at work .... christ almighty, if i wanted a conversation at 7:30am then I'd have one, being i've kept my mouth shut means I don't want to participate. It's 7:30am, I'm fine, I just want to get bits done. Until then, zip it!
    Not a morning person then Lor?
    Such is Life...

Oh I normally am, but the conversation is dumb and not worth my attention.

Just got a memo telling me we'll get new hardware (printers, screens, PC's) next month. In the memo it also says that all of the new shiny equipment will be running on XP pending a decision on platforms.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Angel_Mapper View Post
    Thanks everyone. We had the memorial today, she wanted to be cremated so there was no coffin or burial or anything. It's crazy that as far as possessions the little things end up being most important. Byron (her soulmate, they never married because both of them had enough of that) asked if I wanted anything to remember her, and all I wanted was her fridge magnet collection that I kept adding to every time I went overseas, and two seashells from the bathroom that we'd had since I was little.

One thing that made me smile was when we were looking for pictures for the memorial, we couldn't find any where she was by herself.
    Hey Angel, I missed this news. Sorry for your loss, but I understand she had a good life and it was her time. It also makes me smile if I think she did get to know you for who you really are. That's definately a good thing.
    Congratulations America

Like Hazir I missed that too. I guess it pays to scroll up.

Angel, sorry for your loss.
    I agree that sometimes it is some of the little things (posessions) that you can hold on to, that you can see everyday, as a reminder to hold onto memories so dear. Through that, she will always be with you.

It finally gets nice outside and what happens? I am fucking melting! The older people in this building keep their heat turned up really high, and I get the "benefit". It was kinda nice when it was below zero, but since it is warming up, it's like an oven in here! I may melt before the first part of June when we are finally allowed to put in our air conditioners!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!