Page 3 of 189 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Debating whether to get the Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition now, which is $70 plus tax, or just get the regular version later which will be $50 or less depending on how long I wait. However, once the CE is sold out, thats it, and unless they plan to keep producing it I don't see its availability lasting past the end of January, or even the end of the week...pretty deadlocked:

Pro-Buying:
    1) Liked ME1 and ME2 got good reviews on Ars
    2) CE will be sold out quickly. Special metal case + artbook + included DLC (don't really care about the other stuff) is exclusive to the CE.

Cons-Buying:
    1) I have the vB theme to finish, Assassin's Creed 2 to finish (although I already watched both my GF and my brother play through it, so its losing intrigue), Dead Space not even started, a historical novel that I haven't even started reading, Hellboy Volume 1 to finish reading, and three 8+ hour digital art training DVD's still unwatched, plus numerous personal projects still all in the concepting phase, but execution unstarted.
    2) The artbook is only 48 pages, the metal case of ephemeral interest and intrigue, and the damn thing is $70 plus tax. Same game experience waiting a few months/year to buy the standard edition for much less.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Wraith, I just noticed the "tiphat" and the "toppa" emoticons being the same.
    There are a few duplicates in the system right now. I'll go through and keep the duplicates from showing up in the list.

Lost a huge Douglas Fir yesterday, in some strange tornado-type winds with heavy rain. Uprooted the 40 foot tall tree like it was a twig, laying there in the lawn like a lost giant. Bye bye pretty tree, sniff.

Maybe this should be in the Happy Thread, since it landed about 15 feet from the roof.

Much better on the lawn than on the roof, Geegee, but still sucks.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Yeah, it's always sad to me when big old trees die or fall over. They do have a lifespan, tho. Lady across the street lost at least 3, and one smashed down her fence. Heard lots of chain saws today, and not just from Met Ed. The normally shallow-rooted white pines are still standing, but debris is everywhere. Odd storm.

At least it didn't entail tarps over roofs and insurance claims!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Debating whether to get the Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition now, which is $70 plus tax, or just get the regular version later which will be $50 or less depending on how long I wait. However, once the CE is sold out, thats it, and unless they plan to keep producing it I don't see its availability lasting past the end of January, or even the end of the week...pretty deadlocked:

Pro-Buying:
    1) Liked ME1 and ME2 got good reviews on Ars
    2) CE will be sold out quickly. Special metal case + artbook + included DLC (don't really care about the other stuff) is exclusive to the CE.

Cons-Buying:
    1) I have the vB theme to finish, Assassin's Creed 2 to finish (although I already watched both my GF and my brother play through it, so its losing intrigue), Dead Space not even started, a historical novel that I haven't even started reading, Hellboy Volume 1 to finish reading, and three 8+ hour digital art training DVD's still unwatched, plus numerous personal projects still all in the concepting phase, but execution unstarted.
    2) The artbook is only 48 pages, the metal case of ephemeral interest and intrigue, and the damn thing is $70 plus tax. Same game experience waiting a few months/year to buy the standard edition for much less.
    You've got a lot on your plate, and once you get into ME2, you know you won't stop for quite some time. I'd say finish what you've already got going and wait for ME2 to go on sale somewhere.

The Thing has decided I can't have any more of my stuff unless, I call ahead and ask permission He may go fuck himself!!!!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldmunchkin View Post
    The Thing has decided I can't have any more of my stuff unless, I call ahead and ask permission He may go fuck himself!!!!
    Oh now come on, you know the game and you probably play it better than your ex. Just find the biggest biker dude you know from the LLS and go get your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NGS View Post
    You've got a lot on your plate, and once you get into ME2, you know you won't stop for quite some time. I'd say finish what you've already got going and wait for ME2 to go on sale somewhere.
    Also heard from someone else who got the CE that the artbook was nothing special, did not purchase...
    . . .

Also heard from someone else who got the CE that the artbook was nothing special, did not purchase...
    Yeah, that seems like one of those things they'd throw in there in attempt to justify a higher price, "But look, it has multiple other things!" Smart choice.

Yeah, that seems like one of those things they'd throw in there in attempt to justify a higher price, "But look, it has multiple other things!" Smart choice.
    I've gotten other Collector's Edition games before, and I'm not liking the trend towards downloadable content being a bonus item...which is what most of the Mass Effect 2 bonus content is. To me, a Collector's Edition has to be just that...collectable...

Edit: I mean the Fallout 3 CE came in a metal lunch box, with a bobble-head, bonus DVD, and a mini-art book.
    Last edited by Illusions; 01-27-2010 at 09:27 PM.
    . . .

I've gotten other Collector's Edition games before, and I'm not liking the trend towards downloadable content being a bonus item...which is what most of the Mass Effect 2 bonus content is. To me, a Collector's
    Edition has to be just that...collectable...

Edit: I mean the Fallout 3 CE came in a metal lunch box, with a bobble-head, bonus DVD, and a mini-art book.
    I've always thought of Collector's Editions as complete scams. 100 years from now the regular Halo 3 box will be just as valuable as the CE: worthless. Get the game and enjoy it now. Unless you don't buy these things for what they literally imply and are, in fact, in it for the miniature Spartan helmets.

VH1 bus crash causes major toxic spill. I was late for work.

Last edited by Being; 01-27-2010 at 11:49 PM.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

I've always thought of Collector's Editions as complete scams. 100 years from now the regular Halo 3 box will be just as valuable as the CE: worthless. Get the game and enjoy it now. Unless you don't buy these things for what they literally imply and are, in fact, in it for the miniature Spartan helmets.
    I only ever get the CE's if the extra content is worth it. Because of this I've only ever gotten two. UT3 had a few hours worth of tutorials on bonus DVD's, and I find the lunchbox and Vault Boy bobble head from the Fallout 3 CE to be pretty neat. They also both came with art books...which is a prerequisite for me considering buying them at all.
    . . .

oh great, I get to bump the negative thread!

I read the Happy Thread, and while I'm glad you fuckers have full employment and considerate mates, fresh sheets, foot rubs, laundry and homemade soup and all that, it makes me very sad to be alone and lonely.

sigh

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post

I read the Happy Thread, and while I'm glad you fuckers have full employment and considerate mates, fresh sheets, foot rubs, laundry and homemade soup and all that, it makes me very sad to be alone and lonely.

sigh
    Ahh... Gigi, now I'm sad.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

sigh
    Just be happy you are not part of the toxic spill in my post above.

- Flew in from Geneva after ski trip.
    - Plane delayed an hour and a half to wait for a coachload of 40 peeps whose coach broke down on way from resort to airport.
    - Tiny poxy seats on poxy budget airline that would be too small for a six yr old.
    - Land at London Gatwick and can't disembark because the automatic doors on the terminal link to terminal building jam and won't open.
    - Eventually airport fuckwits organise a rickety old stair truck and lay on a couple of buses to ferry us from plane to terminal building.
    - Wait 40 mins for baggage carousel # to appear next to our flight#.
    - Our fucking flight # then disappears from the carousel listing. Everyone stands around bewildered.
    - Tannoy announcement tells us baggage has, for the love of christ, been somehow delayed.
    - Eventually get our baggage after another 30 minute wait. It is now more than 4 hours since I should have left the airport.
    - Get on bus to get to my parked car in long stay carpark.
    - Bus takes us to off-airport carpark 20 mins away!
    - Realise that there are two carparks run by the same fucking company, one on-airport and one off.
    - Take bus back to airport, and catch the correct fucking bus to my car.
    - Both me and my mate Kate are shattered, annoyed, hungry as hell and in need of long hot bath and bed.

At least the skiing was tip top.

I am moving across the country this summer... I can't even imagine how I'm emotionally going to get past it. I'm still in my sophomore year in high school and I've gotten really close with some friends on my swim team. ...this sucks

Senior Member Evidently Supermarioman's Avatar
    It's going to cost 1000 dollars to do a data recovery job on a hard drive that has a lot of important data to me on it.
    Looks like it's time for me to try to get a job again.
    I enjoy blank walls.

Oh now come on, you know the game and you probably play it better than your ex. Just find the biggest biker dude you know from the LLS and go get your stuff.
    No big biker dudes at LLS, just wimpy produce dude and a bunch of old drunks! I did call and talk to him today, and things look a bit better, I think!

sigh
    Hey, at least you have an actual home! Remember, Munchkin is living in a fucking motel room!

Now to the real groove stuff:
    My meds are messing with me...big time! No appetite, losing more weight, dizziness, loss of balance, no strength, and various other ailments I shall just leave to your imagination!
    I have a wicked bad cold, which is sapping what little strength I had. And I get to coughing so hard I think I might rebreak the ribs that just got healed up!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Okay,now I'm feeling shitty for thinking my life was shitty, and I live with my mother-in-law.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermarioman View Post
    It's going to cost 1000 dollars to do a data recovery job on a hard drive that has a lot of important data to me on it.
    Looks like it's time for me to try to get a job again.
    RAID 5. It's cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by rumrunner View Post
    Okay,now I'm feeling shitty for thinking my life was shitty, and I live with my mother-in-law.
    Yeah, sorry munchie. Try some chicken soup?

Hey munchie, the dr's just took my mom-in-law off arthrotec which she's been taking for over 30 years. They did not, however, replace it with anything to deal her arthritis. The poor woman is also dealing with post-polio; hypoglycemia, thyroid removed, ulcers from a lifetime of pills, a husband with alzheimer's, and god. I've learned to count my blessings from her indomitable spirit.

Default RE: what's messing with your groove?

What seems to be a dodgy lambda sensor on my car. It's causing temporary loss of power as the fuel/air mixture is misread.

Anyway, nowhere near as annoying/stressful as Timbuk2's recent trip!!! Was the skiing good then mate?
    All those moments lost in time... like tears in the rain

My bicycle was outside and it was freezing, and my lock and my rear brake were frozen. Managed to get the lock open, but I think the brake is busted
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

CVS messed up my Rx. Charged me $235/month for 3 months, for the wrong med. The correct med, the one ordered, isn't extended release, and has a generic equivalent, for only $58/month.

I have an appointment with the pharmacy manager.

It's raining cats and dogs and I have to go outside.
    Congratulations America