Thread: Techies Help; Graphics Adaptor / Monitor Problem

Default Techies Help; Graphics Adaptor / Monitor Problem

Driving me nuts.

Just upgraded my outdated vid card to an AMD Radeon R7 265 made by ASUS

Now on cold boot/ reboot I get my monitor trying to resolve the resolution by powering on, briefly displaying the following message, and powering off again, over and over.

3. Digital Input
    Cannot Display this video mode
    Optimum Resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz

If I hit the power button on the monitor and switch off, then on again, the screen comes up fine with no further issues.

Have a Dell E248 WFP 24" monitor.

Native resolution is indeed 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz, is the resolution I used with my old card - nVidia GTX570 - with no issues.

Have latest drivers for both monitor and the R7 installed.

All google searches for this error seem to indicate people not using the correct resolution for their monitor, but I am, and ensured all settings in both Windows 7 and on Graphics Adaptor are at 1920 x 1200 @60Hz.

Really irritating, and am on the verge of packaging up the vid card and replacing it with an equivalent nVidia.

Any ideas?

Does it do the dame thing even if you use another port on the card? Does it do it if you plug it into the port for the integrated graphics on the motherboard?

are there any drivers available for the monitor beyond plug and play?
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Fuck.

Schoolboy error.

Tried everything and of course it's the most simple thing I'd overlooked.

Plugged it into the 2nd DVI port on the card and boots up fine.

Thanks Minxie.

Happy now.

EDIT: Not sure what the difference is between the two DVI Ports on the card ...

There isn't a difference...

or at least, there shouldn't be a difference. You ever get the chance plug in a second connection, see if your card can recognize 2 screens.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."