Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What's cookin' ?

Ha-ha, I cheated the desert last night. I found a jar of home-canned pears, bought an angelfood cake and some whipped cream (the cheating part), Topped with fresh cinnamon. Very simple but tasty. The wife barely sniped at me for cheating. Technically there was no "box".
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

Fry some onions, add (salted and peppered) diced beef, then add a can of tomatoes, two teaspoons of cinnamon, a tablespoon of honey, a diced eggplant and some water. Cook for 2,5 hours, and serve with couscous
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

But I'd much prefer it if you cooked for me.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Sure, you bring the wine!

Just wine?

Everything else I want, you can't come without

Oh my Gods that is the cheesiest thing and I must memorize it
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I just want to know if it works on non-slutty ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    This our current food thread? Could have swore we had a different one...
    We did. This is it.

Minge started another one, the li'l upstart.

Anyway, thanks to something called icarly and word of mouth, I had spaghetti tacos for dinner tonight.
    Tacos with spaghetti sounds ... wrong ...

Did it work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

It did, sorta like an extra crunchy spaghetti bake

Steak with mushrooms and cognac cream sauce!

I made oatmeal cookies. Hoping the roommates don't devour these as quickly as they did my white chocolate macadamia cookies. 48 cookies gone in 48 hours.
    Your search had no results.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattu View Post
    48 cookies gone in 48 hours.
    That's actually a good thing.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Roast Pork, ate too much, feel fat, going for a walk to feel normal again!
    Such is Life...

I caved, tried my hand at some Monopoly with 20 nuggets and 2 overpriced large fries. I didn't win anything yet, but hot damn they've improved their dipping sauces.

Makin' pizza.

I still haven't quite gotten the knack of making my pizza crust round, sadly. But it tastes way better than anything you can buy in Amerika, anyway.

French onion soup as a starter, and then pork wrapped in serrano ham and filled with a grilled pepper/chorizo mix. yum! Too bad the thing fell a bit apart when I took it out of the pan..

Hmmm, I might actually be able to smell that. I can't smell the kids pizza. I doubt I'll be able to taste my chicken soup, either.

I threw a hunk of pork roast in the oven. Sprinkled some curry, Singapore seasonings, onion salt and pepper on top, and poured some beef broth in the pan. Covered and roasting at low temp. Because no one is around right now, it'll be sliced and eaten later. Smells good, but no clue how it will taste.

It's 6:30am I've been up for an hour, walked the dog around the bridges (about 45 min walk) and now contemplating eating brekky.

Yoghurt and muesli.

Yes I am off the bacon & eggs.
    Such is Life...

No, I can't smell french onion soup.

I'm sure it will be a pleasant change from chicken and rice soup, anyway.

Thai Green Chicken Curry.... nice.
    Such is Life...

Chicken a la normande

Fry some chicken legs until they're brown, pour some calvados over it and take it out. In the same pan fry some shallots and mushrooms. Add creme fraiche, a pint of cider, a bouillon cube and the chicken and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Remove chicken, cook the sauce until it's ~1/3, mix in fried pieces of apple and serve with the chicken and fried potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Chicken a la normande

Fry some chicken legs until they're brown, pour some calvados over it and take it out. In the same pan fry some shallots and mushrooms. Add creme fraiche, a pint of cider, a bouillon cube and the chicken and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Remove chicken, cook the sauce until it's ~1/3, mix in fried pieces of apple and serve with the chicken and fried potatoes.
    Mmmmmm . Sounds yuuuuuuuum.

This I shall try.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

It was yum! And as a big coincidence, when I visited my parents the next day my mum made the same dish. (mine was better, of course )

So come cook for me. Our dinner was foul, but pigs in blankets are our traditional Halloween meal.

Bratwurst, sourkaut and beer.
    Such is Life...

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    So come cook for me. Our dinner was foul, but pigs in blankets are our traditional Halloween meal.
    I'm goin' up to Scotland for Christmas to my lady's folks place. Apparently pigs in blankets is traditional christmas fayre for them ...

My apple pie tastes great and looks terrible. I can't decide if I should be happy or ticked.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    My apple pie tastes great and looks terrible. I can't decide if I should be happy or ticked.
    You take your first bite with your eyes.

~

Cod Creole tonight - a Timmy staple. Serves 2

2 Cod loin (line caught of course ...), skinned and boned
    Half a lemon
    Finely sliced green bell pepper
    Half a large onion, chopped
    Wholegrain rice
    1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
    1tsp garlic salt
    1tbsp veggie oil
    1 tin chopped tomatoes

~

Boil rice
    Chop cod into chunks then pour over the lemon juice. Swirl around a bit and leave to sit for 10-15 mins
    Heat oil in a pan, add onions and bell pepper, stir for 2-3 mins till softened
    Add cayenne pepper and garlic salt, stir for 1 min
    Add the cod and the tin of tomatoes
    Bring to boil, cover, and simmer for exactly 5 mins
    Serve with the rice

Quick, easy, v healthy and v yum.