Thread: What's cookin' ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    Oh, I wasn't paying.
    The Jew rarely does, that is how he retains his wealth, nyet?
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    The Jew rarely does, that is how he retains his wealth, nyet?
    Might not apply to fair-skin, red-head Jews.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    In that case, move as fast as you possibly can.

I would like to know why you didn't actually inspect the place before you moved in, though.
    We did inspect the place properly. The problem is its a rented, fully-furnished accomodation but all the furnishings are bottom-of-the-market cheapest stuff available. The washing machine died, I fixed it. The tumble-dryer died - we got a new one for our Christmas Present from her parents. The kitchen stuff we can't replace.

The house itself was OK for us. Our first home it ticked every box, at an affordable budget. Not a long-term solution of course, but as a short-term accomodation for 2 people who'd always lived with family (exc. my time at uni), had only been going out together 2 months and where she doesn't drive so limited geography close to work, I have no regrets. There were better kitchens available if we'd gone for a nasty apartment on a reallly rought and dangerous council estate nearby (which wouldn't have had a garden or garage or safety). No thanks.

Looking to buy a house ASAP but more important to get the right one, than the first one.