Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denmark Shutting Down its Beastiality Tourism Industry

Default Denmark Shutting Down its Beastiality Tourism Industry

Titled for the click bait.

Denmark is planning to banish bestiality, following the recent examples of Germany and Norway, said the country’s food and agriculture minister. The bill was long-awaited both inside the country and abroad.

“I have decided that we should ban sex with animals. That is happening for numerous reasons. The most important is that in the vast majority of cases it is an attack against the animals,” the food and agriculture minister, Dan Jørgensen, told Ekstra Bladet, a Danish tabloid.

According to Jørgensen, one of the factors that prompted his decision was the damage done to his country’s reputation which laws still allow sex between humans and animals.

“And under all circumstances, any doubts about it should go to the animals’ benefit,” he said. “They naturally cannot say no to going along with it. Therefore, it should be banned.”

Seventy-six percent of the Danish population support banning sex with animals, according to a recent poll, carried out by Gallup.

The bill, which also requires changes in the country’s welfare animal laws, will be introduced by the Danish government in 2015.

The absence of a law on bestiality led to a growth in animal sex tourism industry in the country.

In the recent years the international community closely focused on the lack of bestiality law in the animal welfare system of the country.

"I don't think the Danish government is doing enough to protect the animals. They need to do something to protect zoophilia in Denmark," Karoline Lundstrom, a Danish animal rights activist says in a documentary shot by VICE in April.

Bestiality is illegal in many countries, including Belgium, Canada, Australia and India.

Sweden banned zoophilia in April 2014 in a move backed by the country’s Rural Affairs Minister, Eskil Erlandsson. "There should be no doubt whatsoever that bestiality is unacceptable," The Local cited him as saying.

In 2012 the same ban was passed in Germany. Chancellor Angela Merkel’s government introduced the new law against the practice, saying animals should not be used "for personal sexual activities or made available to third parties for sexual activities … thereby forcing them to behave in ways that are inappropriate to their species."
    Source

Maybe should be in GC, since I'm mostly just posting because I was surprised that it wasn't already illegal, and that animal sex tourism is a thing.

It was only outlawed here recently. Until then it was only illegal if the animal was actually hurt, but we got a law after a guy was caught shagging a pony but was released because he had done nothing illegal. Which brings up a fair point, why ban it if the animal isn't harmed?
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

ponies can't say no they can only say neigh

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    *Ba-da-dum-bum-pish*
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

I'm wondering why people think laws against fucking an animal should get precedence over laws against slitting that same animal's throat.
    Congratulations America

Not to mention the ways we manipulate or force them to be bred by their own species (or a closely related one) all the time. If they can't consent for one, I don't see why we think they can consent for others.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I dunno if consent really comes into it. I wonder why it's okay to kill or maim enemy combatants in battle but not necessarily to torture/rape/humiliate them at any time.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Why is it okay to kill an animal for food, but we have laws against torturing an animal for giggles?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    I dunno if consent really comes into it. I wonder why it's okay to kill or maim enemy combatants in battle but not necessarily to torture/rape/humiliate them at any time.
    Ever heard the expression 'hung like a horse'? I doubt there are people who could actually hurt a horse by fucking it.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I'm wondering why people think laws against fucking an animal should get precedence over laws against slitting that same animal's throat.
    Which is prohibited without previous stunning over here.
    "Wer Visionen hat, sollte zum Arzt gehen." - Helmut Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
    Which is prohibited without previous stunning over here.
    I'm pretty certain that's not the law.
    Congratulations America

I'm pretty certain that's not the law.
    7. Abschnitt: Schlachten von Tieren
    Art. 21

1 Säugetiere dürfen nur geschlachtet werden, wenn sie vor Beginn des Blutentzugs betäubt worden sind.

2 Der Bundesrat kann das Schlachten anderer Tiere der Betäubungspflicht unterstellen.

3 Er bestimmt die zulässigen Betäubungsmethoden.

4 Er regelt nach Anhörung der Branchenorganisationen die Anforderungen an die Aus- und Weiterbildung des Schlachthofpersonals.
    http://www.admin.ch/opc/de/classifie...103/index.html

Translation of the bold: Mammals may only be slaughtered if they have been stunned before the start of blood withdrawal.

http://www.admin.ch/opc/de/classifie...103/index.html

Translation of the bold: Mammals may only be slaughtered if they have been stunned before the start of blood withdrawal.
    I apologize, I mistook you for flixy. In The Netherlands ritual slaughter was on the verge of being banned, but the law never made it through the senate.
    Congratulations America

I apologize, I mistook you for flixy.
    Funny, for a moment I saw flixy in the "last post" column of this thread as well. But I cannot reproduce the error.

Funny, for a moment I saw flixy in the "last post" column of this thread as well. But I cannot reproduce the error.
    Flixy is everywhere!

BTW, it is fine to kidnap and imprison animals...
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Same with children, you still wouldn't allow people to fuck them.

Ever heard the expression 'hung like a horse'? I doubt there are people who could actually hurt a horse by fucking it.
    I'm pretty sure there are other animals out there besides horses
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Flixy is everywhere!

BTW, it is fine to kidnap and imprison animals...
    Where's your line?

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are other animals out there besides horses
    I presume there are, but we were talking about ponies. And you'd have to be fucked up beyond legislatable to try fuck a hamster.
    Congratulations America

Same with children, you still wouldn't allow people to fuck them.
    . . . it's fine to kidnap and imprison children?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Eh... in which jurisdiction?
    Congratulations America

If they are you own children. Yes.

Or are you telling me it's legal to kidnap and imprison someone else's cattle?

Is this a language barrier thing? Because kidnapping is illegal even if they're your own kids over here. Kidnapping is, in fact, a criminal offense by definition, same as murder.

Is this a language barrier thing? Because kidnapping is illegal even if they're your own kids over here. Kidnapping is, in fact, a criminal offense by definition, same as murder.
    Depending on jurisdiction.
    Congratulations America

Read Flinxy's post again. He talked about "kidnaping" animals. Which he considered to be "fine".

Taking animals with you, and keeping them locked, is only considered fine if you own them and tread them in a legal manner. So are parents allowed to take their children with them and force them to stay at home? Yes or no?

Read Flinxy's post again. He talked about "kidnaping" animals. Which he considered to be "fine".
    Yes. I.e. things like zoo animals. We take animals from their territories, natural habitats, etc all the time. This is considered "fine," and not any sort of kidnapping or imprisonment (except for various animal rights activists) by most of society.

Taking animals with you, and keeping them locked, is only considered fine if you own them and tread them in a legal manner. So are parents allowed to take their children with them and force them to stay at home? Yes or no?
    Well you apparently think they are, from your post earlier.

On a related note, last week's Walking Dead made members of my family into vegetarians. Eating meat is necessary yet hypocritical to our modern mores!

And yet...

Seventy-six percent of the Danish population support banning sex with animals, according to a recent poll, carried out by Gallup.
    1) I can't decide if that's higher or lower than I would expect.

2) This must have been an interesting survey for the survey-takers.

Yes. I.e. things like zoo animals. We take animals from their territories, natural habitats, etc all the time. This is considered "fine," and not any sort of kidnapping or imprisonment (except for various animal rights activists) by most of society.
    You can get orphan children in Africa, I think Madonna has two of them.

Well you apparently think they are, from your post earlier.
    Just to make it clear, I just turn one ridiculous comparison in a even more ridiculous one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    On a related note, last week's Walking Dead made members of my family into vegetarians. Eating meat is necessary yet hypocritical to our modern mores!

And yet...

1) I can't decide if that's higher or lower than I would expect.

2) This must have been an interesting survey for the survey-takers.
    I think there is a good reason to think that a solid proportion of the people who are against the prohibition are also against the actual act. Just not that convinced that token legislation is going to make a difference.

I don't quite remember the last time someone admitted to me he was into having sex with any animal at all. It may be my forgetfulness but I even think I never came accross such and admission.
    Congratulations America