Thread: problem with search

Default problem with search

Did the search function (or the archive it searches) get fubared? I can't find anything. Heck when I did a search on the term "politics" it gave me a mere three returns. I couldn't get anything with "courts" or "SCOTUS" at all, despite recent activity in the same-sex marriage thread.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Looks like something's up. I'll regenerate the database. It's an automatic process, but it'll take a while.

Finished. It looks like that did nothing.

edit: No, wait, previous search results are still cached...

edit 2: I think it's good now.

Thanks Wraith.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Its broken for me. Just searched for "European court" and no results. No results for a number of other terms that have most definitely been used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

seems same problem as last time? only newish threads are coming up in the results
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Fixed again. If it happens again, I'll have to dig deeper to figure out why the database keeps getting screwy.

I'm afraid I have bad news, Wraith. It appears to have gone screwy again.

I've already done my vbulletin work for the day. I'm going to rebuild the search indexes and put off to figuring out why the database keeps collapsing until next failure.

I figured, just thought I'd mention it whole I remembered.

Just wondering why it's so hard to find threads using the search tool? Isn't that an automatic v-bulletin update that should help Wraith?

Rebuilding the index. I've also done some work on the search tables.

I still have problems with the search function. Dread shows up when he shouldn't. His user name is like a default position or something.

I rebuilt the search index.

So that explains the database error, I thought it was Putin
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."