Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New York in spring

maybe in general, but surely not in a place like manhattan.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

We went to DSW based on a recommendation and came out of there with three new pairs of shoes. I can't remember the last time I was really pleased with a shoe purchase but these were great even the ginger, who always gets blisters from new shoes, was pleased.

Dread, you really hit the nail on the head with that oyster bar the station itself is beautiful, as is the restaurant, and I loved the vibe. And the food was both delicious and good value. It's my favorite restaurant so far in this city

We're planning our days as we go, but, if the weather's good, we're probably gonna start out in Brooklyn tomorrow (botanical garden, flea market, other stuff) and then maybe hit up Chinatown and some stores in the vicinity. If the weather is fantastic we might check out fort tryon park instead though my number is (347)2603466, lemme know if you're nearby and your horde would like to meet weirdos from yurp
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

That Oyster bar was shut for refurbishment or something similar when we were in town. Really wanted to go

If it's still there, Hi Life, Low Life was fun...if a bit um...scandalous.
    Brevior saltare cum deformibus viris est vita

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    We went to DSW based on a recommendation and came out of there with three new pairs of shoes. I can't remember the last time I was really pleased with a shoe purchase but these were great even the ginger, who always gets blisters from new shoes, was pleased.

Dread, you really hit the nail on the head with that oyster bar the station itself is beautiful, as is the restaurant, and I loved the vibe. And the food was both delicious and good value. It's my favorite restaurant so far in this city

We're planning our days as we go, but, if the weather's good, we're probably gonna start out in Brooklyn tomorrow (botanical garden, flea market, other stuff) and then maybe hit up Chinatown and some stores in the vicinity. If the weather is fantastic we might check out fort tryon park instead though my number is (347)2603466, lemme know if you're nearby and your horde would like to meet weirdos from yurp
    Glad you liked it! And so sorry I missed you! I've been on the road for a few weeks committing capitalism.

It sounds like you've been gone for a few weeks too, how was the rest of the trip?

There's a DSW (designer shoe warehouse) in lots of places, and I wouldn't call it a beacon for international travel. I hope you had more "valuable" experiences during your time in the US....