Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The CC's Musical Radar!

In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Turn a whiter shade of pale. One of sixteen vessel virgins who were leaving for the coast.....

Born to be wild!

Long, but that's the original, not just the movie short. Takes a while to get going.

For the impatient:

Last edited by GGT; 08-13-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Of course, we can't forget this one!

Last edited by oldmunchkin; 08-13-2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Added a stoner song too! lol
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

I look around....well you don't know what we can find, why don't you come with me little girl, on a magic carpet ride?

FFS, this sounds almost pedophilic or predatory now, but back then it didn't......

A different type of unusual from that era:

OMG I love that song!

Here's something a bit different, same era tho!

Last edited by oldmunchkin; 08-13-2010 at 11:44 AM.
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Awesome song! Awesome keyboardist! Awesome in concert!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Ooops, double post! Oh well, it's worth it! I just don't appear to be smart enough to post the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3NeOKbe5wA&feature=fvst
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

Later take on being on the road.

also:

They probably all had a tiny dancer, seamstress for the band?

Factoid, did you know his first wife committed suicide, and then he dated Daryl Hannah?

Ok GGT! Thanks to you, I have now blubbered myself into Friday the 13th!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

oops, then cry away! Tears can be cleansing!

She wrote Blue Bayou, a song that Linda Ronstadt made famous.

Lovely lyrics, lovely voice. Now....get a load of this.....

I vaguely recall posting both of these links at the other place. It's great to see singers at their popular height as young people, then see them sing as older geezers. James Taylor falls in that group, too.

Does anyone think it'd be weird having this for a wedding song?
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

It's a pretty melody, nice piano. Depends on the lyrics translation for a wedding.

Speaking of wedding songs, this one was popular in the 80s. Such a shame, Dan Fogelberg died way too young.

His Auld Lang Syne and Leader of the Band were also quite nice ballads.

Well hell, now I'm thinking of artists who died too young, and their love ballads.

Last edited by GGT; 08-13-2010 at 12:49 PM.

The lyrics tell of a sad past, but an encouraging future at last. It might not be that wedding alike, but unless I invite Russians (which I'm fairly sure I won't), the melody is all that tells. Or is it that important a song, that even the subconcious context should be valued? =/
    Tomorrow is like an empty canvas that extends endlessly, what should I sketch on it?

Ask your bride. It's whatever you both love.

Getting away from love songs, it's making me weepy. This is an all time classic---

Sorry, but they just don't make music like this anymore.

In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Right about 4 minutes in, he starts the Purple Haze. Soon after you see the ugly side of Woodstock.

Ever wonder how you can completely butcher a great song? Simple...get Pat Boone to cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorNorton View Post
    Ever wonder how you can completely butcher a great song? Simple...get Pat Boone to cover it.
    NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo...........
    Such is Life...

John Butler Trio - love seeing them live and intimate. Not all good live music happens in a stadium...

Such is Life...

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Such is Life...

Divenire and Una Mattina are probably my favourite albums to work to. Or they're at least tied with Chopin's Nocturnes
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Ts is why the New York Knicks suck: