Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The CC's Musical Radar!

I suppose I should give a warning for this one or something...

I just about died laughing.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

80s tastic !

That's a truly awful tune.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    80s tastic !

That's a truly awful tune.
    Go start a sub-forum for your fans
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

I would but there are bandwidth restrictions.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Song >> Video, but it is what I'm listening to at the moment.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

I thought everyone was posting them for the songs, not the vidjas

I love you, Rettib.

(for the record, I am assuming Rettib came to this as a result of my amusing search for songs for my kiddos to sing together for the talent show at school, which is probably pointless, because the two that I have found that would be adorable they would denounce as entirely too babyish)

I don't actually know he wants to enter, he could have just been trying to annoy her. Also, they could enter separately, but if they both want to sing it would be easier for me if they did it together.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post

Song >> Video, but it is what I'm listening to at the moment.
    Wasn't their singer recently replaced with the guy from Ignite?

Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Divert your eyes from these judgmental stares
    So non-forgiving
    Yet what do they know and what have they seen?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Carthāgō dēlenda est

Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    ... Air ... Sexy Boy ...
    That's more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    That's more like it.
    Agreed.

Blast from the past. I remember in 1983 when I bought a multi-color vinyl bootleg with this exact recording on it. Blew my mind, I'd never heard anything like it.

This is their poppier selection. There are some very innovative Youtube files from the same period. Nobody ever did anything like that 80s Crim sound. Too bad their 90s incarnation was so annoying....

I listened to about 20 of these Sunday eve. Some examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Iei...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCWPp5r8cts

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Wasn't their singer recently replaced with the guy from Ignite?
    Yup. The lead singer left for some unspecified reason (for the second time, actually)... but PW hasn't released any new music since, so we don't really know what their new sound is gonna be like yet. Hopefully, it won't change too much... not enough punk rock with a bit of polish out there.

And even better... polished punk that occasionally veers into the seditious! Can't get enough of that, no sirree.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson: American Founding Father, clairvoyant and seditious traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenCain View Post
    Yup. The lead singer left for some unspecified reason (for the second time, actually)... but PW hasn't released any new music since, so we don't really know what their new sound is gonna be like yet. Hopefully, it won't change too much... not enough punk rock with a bit of polish out there.

And even better... polished punk that occasionally veers into the seditious! Can't get enough of that, no sirree.
    I'm seeing them this weekend (They're playing after us :P), I'll let you know! Hope they won't quit Ignite because of this, I liked them better than PW.

"One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Ah, fun blast from the past. Haven't listened to the DKs for a long time. Original punk seems so much more genuine than modern punk. Plus, can anybody top the names? Jello Biafra? Klaus Fluoride?

BTW, I think I saw him (Biafra) in Ashkenaz in Berkeley once. I wouldn't have noticed, but I heard people nearby pointing and whispering. I remember the show though: Babatunde Olatunji. Strangely, this was about a year after seeing Babatunde Lea. Names!

My wife's famous musician sighting is better: she saw Chris Cornell with a coked out Winona Ryder in a cafe in Seattle, ca. 1994-5. Somewhere on Capital Hill (I'm sure she remembers the specific place.)

Edit: the Dk's best was always:

Reminding me of other stuff. I saw this clip in a concert movie in early 80s. Post-Gabriel Genesis, but before they went pop. You can see that Phil Collins is something other than a bad, funny-looking bald pop musician. Man can drum. And doing so on the same stage as Bill Bruford? Holy shit! Drummers, try not to mess your drawers.

Sheesh, no wonder Steve Hackett quit. The guy was even shut out of concert footage, and you can't even hear him in the mix.

Saw these guys live in 95, and they played this song. Not a very good recording, but flashed me back.

I saw Wooton live a few years back. 2005? He player a version of this. I'm going to have to find some Flecktones, since I've seen him with them as well.

Driving with the kids in the car - the cable for connecting my ipod is long enough to reach the kids in the back seat, so I handed it to my daughter, told her she could pick whatever she wanted to listen to (I swear it feels like it has been years since she lost hers). I had even switched it around and put her some of her music on - figured I could stand the Jonas Brothers for 10 minutes, and I'd listen to what I wanted to on the way back home with the boy to get the dreadful sound out of my head.

She chose:

Not a single Jonas Brothers song at all.

When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come