Thread: Middle East drama....

Default Middle East drama....

Yemen experiences a coup. Elected officials resign, and cede power to sects (Houthis) that promise "Death to America".

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia announces the death of King Abdullah. The Saudi prince is old and infirmed as well.

Even posed as a game show, the odds are complicated.

How do you think this middle east drama will play out in reality?

If you want to be a Director in this drama, what would you do?
    Last edited by GGT; 01-23-2015 at 04:18 AM.

If I lived in that part of the world, I'd follow Hadi's lead and disappear myself.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Those ISIS people seem to try real hard to bring stability to the area. Maybe we should give them another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    If I lived in that part of the world, I'd follow Hadi's lead and disappear myself.
    How convenient.

Even though you don't live in that region, you're quite sure that your academic analysis is spot-on? What would Kissinger say about that?

Hey, the US Speaker of the House (Boehner) has invited the Prime Minister of Israel (Netanyahu) to address a joint session of congress, without running it by the the White House first. That's messy on so many levels, and too close to Israel elections.

I think the government of Saudi Arabia is barely better than ISIS, which makes me wonder why it is exactly that we don't like ISIS at all where we appearantly love the Saudis so much regardless of what they do. As far as Yemen is concerned; it can't be bad for normal Syrians that Saudi Arabia is distracted a bit from creating chaos in their country.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I think the government of Saudi Arabia is barely better than ISIS, which makes me wonder why it is exactly that we don't like ISIS at all where we appearantly love the Saudis so much regardless of what they do.
    Didn't you know the Saudis helped write the rules of this drama (with western support).... and you can't criticize a game creator or show host like that? 1,000 lashes for you!

As far as Yemen is concerned; it can't be bad for normal Syrians that Saudi Arabia is distracted a bit from creating chaos in their country.
    Yeah, about that chaos. Now even Japan and Jordan are being lured into the game, to pay ransom for civilian hostages, or trade/swap military pilots for convicted terrorists. It's worked in the past to get western money and media coverage, and keeps the game going.

It's easy to escalate the drama with a few strategic youtube postings (like beheading a journalist or civilian)....but if the west only considers the "Middle East" as main players, haven't we already lost the propaganda game?

Speaking of Saudi Arabia being no better than ISIS, here's a video of a Saudi "double-tap" strike against a funeral house in Yemen.

https://twitter.com/samueloakford/st...35528441139200

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/09/wo...is-rebels.html
    Hope is the denial of reality