Thread: Sound Software

Default Sound Software

So I've been keeping my music ripped onto my computer for years. I just got a new one and these days getting an independent sound card just isn't really worthwhile which means I don't have the Creative software I've been using for years to organize and play it all back (and getting that software to work on the new computer would probably be a hassle anyway) What do the rest of you who maintain your own music files use?
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

I used to use MediaMonkey. No idea how its matured over the years. I've pretty much evolved past spending time maintaining a music collection on my PC.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Windows Media Player.

Probably far from the best there is, but certainly does everything I need well enough, and just got into the habit of using it.

Plus, the playlist format WMPlayer creates is compatible with the car.

WMP is often enough for me.

Amazon has a music service that lets you upload your own stuff to be stored on the cloud and played anywhere, it could be worth looking into if you're interested in that functionality.

I use a media center with xbmc, usually.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Clementine (works well with android so you can control it with your phone very easily and painlessly) and Winamp, which is still the best
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."